•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow flurries? Oh gawd, not that....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Snow flurries are awful? Put on some warm clothing. I will take snow flurries over 7 AM.
      Umm, it was a joke I think. Poster was replying to the sissy that was complaining about frost on the field at an 8am game.

Comment

Hockey is definitely in a class of its own. Limited playing facilities cause for exceptional time management of these facilities.
        Doesn't really matter. Waking up at an hour when I used to be coming home is something I've lived for decades, so it's just how I've viewed travel sports to be.

Comment

I'm usually hitting it at 6:00 am, so I am good to go for 7:00 am kick off. nothing stuck in the chamber to hold me back

Comment

Can someone explain to me why tournaments need to start games at 7 in the morning? Do these money grubbing idiots realize that people work all week and rising at 4:30 on a Sunday to drive an hour across the state for a start time just after dawn is a little bit of a pain in the ass? Do they do this so they can play a championship game at 1 p.m.? How about starting at 10 and playing the title game at 4 or even 5? Soccer is great and all but getting a teen to rise and play at this time is foolish. Youth sports are the only sports who demand their teams to play at this time. Start it later and maybe you'll sell a few more tee-shirts.
            The less fields a tournament has to rent the more profitable the tournament will be. And the only way to rent less fields is to use every bit of daylight possible.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why tournaments need to start games at 7 in the morning? Do these money grubbing idiots realize that people work all week and rising at 4:30 on a Sunday to drive an hour across the state for a start time just after dawn is a little bit of a pain in the ass? Do they do this so they can play a championship game at 1 p.m.? How about starting at 10 and playing the title game at 4 or even 5? Soccer is great and all but getting a teen to rise and play at this time is foolish. Youth sports are the only sports who demand their teams to play at this time. Start it later and maybe you'll sell a few more tee-shirts.
              Don't be cheap and get a hotel room. Sounds like you got a long drive or put on a lot make up in the morning. If it takes over 90 mins and you have a early game get a room.
              Days are shorter as we move into the fall it gets dark sooner not much you can do.

Much worse things than that like Manhattan Kick off Classic.

Comment

Nothing better than a 7:30am start on a bluebird day with a hot cup of coffee. On the other hand, an 11 am start on a rainy day is pretty much the suck.

Comment

Don't be cheap and get a hotel room. Sounds like you got a long drive or put on a lot make up in the morning. If it takes over 90 mins and you have a early game get a room.
                  Days are shorter as we move into the fall it gets dark sooner not much you can do.

Much worse things than that like Manhattan Kick off Classic.
                  or the godawful NEFC preseason thing

Comment

I'm usually hitting it at 6:00 am, so I am good to go for 7:00 am kick off. nothing stuck in the chamber to hold me back

Comment

Yes you are done at 6:02 AM

Comment

Couldn't agree more, this whole thread is ridiculous. The OP is a whiny, entitled man who will raise whiny, entitled children and this will perpetuate itself for generations. I'm sure his old man whined incessantly as well. He's also spouting incorrect info, there are no 7:00 start times, there are however 7:30 start times. A whiner may say "same difference", but how about you just start the thread with the correct facts? That's what people like him do, they create false narrative.

Also, instead of crying about your early start time of 7:30, how about being happy that you'll likely end early on Sunday and get to enjoy the afternoon with your family, or watch football or do yard work, or go whine all afternoon about something else that's ridiculous?

Here's another tip for the ulittle, whiny OP - don't have your kid play indoors this winter, because you may have some 7am games. Don't have your kid go to HS either because they start too early. Also, don't have your kid take SAT's in the future because on test day they lock the doors at 7:45.

My suggestion is that you should just sleep in, go to the later games and spare all the other parents from your nonstop sideline griping!

Wow, you're a tough guy. Must roll out of bed at noon in your wannabe soccer sweats, eh bloated 3k2play boy?

Comment

Yes you are done at 6:02 AM
                          Your momma don’t seem to mind as I strap a saddle on her

Comment

Your momma don’t seem to mind as I strap a saddle on her
                            Aren't you funny and predictable

Comment

Next time she wanted a bit in her mouth

Comment

Now there's an answer based in reality. Thank you. But what doesn't add up is that championship games are played early in the afternoon, at least what I have seen.
                                They don't have the luxury of a Monday championship day or day off like labor day or memorial day. Most have to work Columbus day so teams and families traveling in appreciate being back at a reasonable time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X