Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    $100 you've done your fair share of complaining over the years.

7am is absurd. If you have to start that early you've gone cheap on the number of fields and have to cram more games in
    Now there's an answer based in reality. Thank you. But what doesn't add up is that championship games are played early in the afternoon, at least what I have seen.

Comment

I've been saying this for years. We have had Sat or Sunday games at 7-7:30 which are silly, when you consider getting everyone up at 5/5:30 to factor in the commute, warmups, etc. The kids are all sleeping during the game. Also many times not everyone is or has the luxury to rent hotels. I hear usually to accommodate all the other games/team conflicts, fields, bla-bla, but to me still makes no sense.

Comment

I've been saying this for years. We have had Sat or Sunday games at 7-7:30 which are silly, when you consider getting everyone up at 5/5:30 to factor in the commute, warmups, etc. The kids are all sleeping during the game. Also many times not everyone is or has the luxury to rent hotels. I hear usually to accommodate all the other games/team conflicts, fields, bla-bla, but to me still makes no sense.
        Simple solution.
        Have the children go to bed earlier.

Comment

Simple solution.
          Have the children go to bed earlier.
          Or be logical and start the games later...

Comment

Agreed, and we know when we stay in hotels everyone sleeps half as much.

Comment

Or be logical and start the games later...
              Nope. Children should learn and accept that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Comment

Nope. Children should learn and accept that the world doesn't revolve around them.
                Why should the apples fall far from the entitled trees they came from? My youngest and 3rd kid still pops out of bed for tournaments as do I. I love the car rides, breakfast after an early game and just spending time with them. This is my last one and I am terrified that it is going to be over all too soon. I will miss it and it just can't be replaced with golf, yard work, or weekend mini-trips to the Cape with the old lady.

Comment

Entitled? Nope just reality from a working class American. 7 am is a start time made by bloated morons who think they can never be called out on anything, including price gouging. Charging 3k2play youth sports is price gouging. Failing to recognize unreasonable tournament start times is bas business. The question was reasonable, your responses are moronic. Any insight you can provide on why tournaments start at 7 a.m. would suffice.

The question was reasonable, how you phrased it was whining.

Can't tell the specifics, but I agree 7:00 is early. I have never seen that before. But...there's a lot of games to fit into a small space generally. If you have to travel, stay overnight before.

Comment

Why should the apples fall far from the entitled trees they came from? My youngest and 3rd kid still pops out of bed for tournaments as do I. I love the car rides, breakfast after an early game and just spending time with them. This is my last one and I am terrified that it is going to be over all too soon. I will miss it and it just can't be replaced with golf, yard work, or weekend mini-trips to the Cape with the old lady.
                    Couldn't agree more, this whole thread is ridiculous. The OP is a whiny, entitled man who will raise whiny, entitled children and this will perpetuate itself for generations. I'm sure his old man whined incessantly as well. He's also spouting incorrect info, there are no 7:00 start times, there are however 7:30 start times. A whiner may say "same difference", but how about you just start the thread with the correct facts? That's what people like him do, they create false narrative.

Also, instead of crying about your early start time of 7:30, how about being happy that you'll likely end early on Sunday and get to enjoy the afternoon with your family, or watch football or do yard work, or go whine all afternoon about something else that's ridiculous?

Here's another tip for the ulittle, whiny OP - don't have your kid play indoors this winter, because you may have some 7am games. Don't have your kid go to HS either because they start too early. Also, don't have your kid take SAT's in the future because on test day they lock the doors at 7:45.

My suggestion is that you should just sleep in, go to the later games and spare all the other parents from your nonstop sideline griping!

Comment

I grew up playing travel hockey and 6:00 games were common enough.

Comment

Entitled? Nope just reality from a working class American. 7 am is a start time made by bloated morons who think they can never be called out on anything, including price gouging. Charging 3k2play youth sports is price gouging. Failing to recognize unreasonable tournament start times is bas business. The question was reasonable, your responses are moronic. Any insight you can provide on why tournaments start at 7 a.m. would suffice.
                        7AM is too early of a start time. Especially at this time of year. I remember we had an 8AM game and there was frost on ground until the sun rose above the trees. However, since games will need to end by 6PM they can not push back to later. Remember these tournaments are fund raisers for clubs and they try to get as many teams as possible to take in as much money as possible.

Comment

I grew up playing travel hockey and 6:00 games were common enough.
                          Hockey is definitely in a class of its own. Limited playing facilities cause for exceptional time management of these facilities.

Comment

7AM is too early of a start time. Especially at this time of year. I remember we had an 8AM game and there was frost on ground until the sun rose above the trees. However, since games will need to end by 6PM they can not push back to later. Remember these tournaments are fund raisers for clubs and they try to get as many teams as possible to take in as much money as possible.
                            Again, there are no 7am start times, 7:30 for some. I remember one time we had a playoff game in November and there were snow flurries, it was awful and I felt so bad for the poor kids and spectators. They should start the season earlier to prevent such future calamity.

Comment

And as someone pointed out you can make more money by renting fewer fields.

Comment

Again, there are no 7am start times, 7:30 for some. I remember one time we had a playoff game in November and there were snow flurries, it was awful and I felt so bad for the poor kids and spectators. They should start the season earlier to prevent such future calamity.
                                Snow flurries are awful? Put on some warm clothing. I will take snow flurries over 7 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X