Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Development academy and the real money grabbers.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are poor. Are there any scholarships out there so my daughter can play at a higher level?
    Only out there in chat forums. In reality, no.

Comment

We are poor. Are there any scholarships out there so my daughter can play at a higher level?
      Yes there are. If your asking, your daughter is likely not good enough for a scholarship. Those kind of players have people approach their parents all the time. Does that not mean your daughter can't play at level but the kids offered Scholarships need to be game changers, at least top 20% of team she would be joining.

It's pay to play for all but the best of the best regardless of your financial situation.

Comment

Yes there are. If your asking, your daughter is likely not good enough for a scholarship. Those kind of players have people approach their parents all the time. Does that not mean your daughter can't play at level but the kids offered Scholarships need to be game changers, at least top 20% of team she would be joining.

It's pay to play for all but the best of the best regardless of your financial situation.
        Some of the best also prefer to pay their own way. Taking a hand out is a double edged sword.

Comment

League fees and tournament fees? How much does USSF charge you vs ED or ECNL showcase fee's. Video does not cost much why doesn't CFC offer it free.

Referee fee's?

League fees , tournament fees and referee fees easily add up to 6-10K per team per year.

That's not chump change across all teams.
          About 5K per year. But the question is how many events is the DAP offering? If it's 1-2 per year, then that isn't any great shakes. Think about it. 2M per year from USSF divided by 80 clubs and then 3 age groups is about 8K per team. That's about 2.5 scholarships. I'm going to guess each premier club gives that many per team in the NPL or ECNL.

I'm just not seeing it. Everything costs money. Fields. Indoor. Coaching. No one is going to donate their time for free nor should they. Who is US Soccer to try and dictate the marketplace? Maybe all members should get to vote on their salaries? Lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X