Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID2 Boys and Girls Rosters

Not a single player from CT for boys or girls invited. What gives. 2004 and 2003 girls were just up Mass not a single boy or girl. DA players can't go so BS and Oakwood get a pass.

FSA for boys and girls and CFC for girls (simply shameful). You have the talent and the raw numbers but appears you don't know how or not willing to invest in player development.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not a single player from CT for boys or girls invited. What gives. 2004 and 2003 girls were just up Mass not a single boy or girl. DA players can't go so BS and Oakwood get a pass.

FSA for boys and girls and CFC for girls (simply shameful). You have the talent and the raw numbers but appears you don't know how or not willing to invest in player development.
    Could it be because no one gives a crap about that hooey program? And I just love people who talk about development as if they know what they're talking about. Lol. Get a clue.

Comment

Could it be because no one gives a crap about that hooey program? And I just love people who talk about development as if they know what they're talking about. Lol. Get a clue.
      ID2 is a decent program, certainly better than ODP. It's a good option for non ECNL or DA players. But it does speak to a broader issue that CT does not have a strong presence on the national soccer stage. Few high level players, no teams going far in national events. This is true of ALL levels of play in CT. A team here or there, a player here or there, that is all. I'm sure a CFC intern will quickly post about their college placement record, which clubs and parents think is a test of performance.

Comment

Two Sporting boys (2004) went last year, one of which got signed by the NY Red Bulls soon after.

Comment

If you look list of ID2 alumni it's pretty impressive. I would not call it hooey. Past trips the final groups took are legitimate chances to measure yourself against highest level of play all at no cost to the player. So it's not a money grab.

I don't think ID2 is development but is a measure of it. Its the culmination of years of hard-work by program, coaches and most importantly players.

So based on the amount of money and pool of talent these programs that they can't produce players who are getting identified in programs like this on a consistent basis it's my opinion it's a significant indicator of lack players development

I would love to hear or see you definition of development. Please post it here. Just as I would love to see CFC's curriculum. It's shameful that a organization so large with so many players and collecting so much money talent and full of so many college coaches can't develop and more importantly implement a curriculum.

broken in 5 principles here is a sloppy stab at it.
          -Technical
          Attacking What you can do with the ball
          Passing, shooting, dribbling, trapping receiving
          Defensively
          Execution of different types of tackles

-Tactical

Principles of Attack
          Principles of Defense
          Their are at least 12 principle for each. Every club at the coach should know these principles have a consistent definition and language used. Every coaching session and the drills used should be clear with respect to the purpose toward what principle(s) your work towards.

-Physical
          speed
          power
          balance
          recovery
          injury prevention

-Social
          emotional
          friendship
          team chemistry
          love of the game
          on field team communication

-Mental
          Competitiveness
          mental toughness grit
          visualization

Comment

Two Sporting boys (2004) went last year, one of which got signed by the NY Red Bulls soon after.
            "Got signed" to what. a contract?

Comment

"Got signed" to what. a contract?
              With DA you sign a commitment contract with your club but no it's not a contract-contract with $ attached. You just agree to the terms and conditions of participating in DA. The poster shouldn't imply he got discovered via ID2, but it does show that the program has some quality players.

Comment

If you look list of ID2 alumni it's pretty impressive. I would not call it hooey. Past trips the final groups took are legitimate chances to measure yourself against highest level of play all at no cost to the player. So it's not a money grab.

I don't think ID2 is development but is a measure of it. Its the culmination of years of hard-work by program, coaches and most importantly players.

So based on the amount of money and pool of talent these programs that they can't produce players who are getting identified in programs like this on a consistent basis it's my opinion it's a significant indicator of lack players development

I would love to hear or see you definition of development. Please post it here. Just as I would love to see CFC's curriculum. It's shameful that a organization so large with so many players and collecting so much money talent and full of so many college coaches can't develop and more importantly implement a curriculum.

broken in 5 principles here is a sloppy stab at it.
                -Technical
                Attacking What you can do with the ball
                Passing, shooting, dribbling, trapping receiving
                Defensively
                Execution of different types of tackles

-Tactical

Principles of Attack
                Principles of Defense
                Their are at least 12 principle for each. Every club at the coach should know these principles have a consistent definition and language used. Every coaching session and the drills used should be clear with respect to the purpose toward what principle(s) your work towards.

-Physical
                speed
                power
                balance
                recovery
                injury prevention

-Social
                emotional
                friendship
                team chemistry
                love of the game
                on field team communication

-Mental
                Competitiveness
                mental toughness grit
                visualization

A nice list of terms. I'm sure you are great at cut and paste, as evidenced here.

This is hardly what I call a curriculum. Maybe the 30,000 foot view.

A proper curriculum for player development takes hundreds of hours to develop and has to consider not just this season but project out some 4-5 years.

Get to work on that.

Comment

A nice list of terms. I'm sure you are great at cut and paste, as evidenced here.

This is hardly what I call a curriculum. Maybe the 30,000 foot view.

A proper curriculum for player development takes hundreds of hours to develop and has to consider not just this season but project out some 4-5 years.

Get to work on that.
                  Nah, instead I think I play the horses!!! Or maybe I will dig/pour another foundation for my 10th field (build it they will come with money philosophy)

I agreed the list is a quick dirty macro view it was given to responded to the poster who blew off my criticism implying I know nothing about development and therefor criticism was baseless.

Sounds like you know what it takes do develop a curriculum instead of posting here and defending your gold mine why don't actually invest in the players you have been entrusted with.

How can you defend a club like with CFC size and amount of money they bring in not have a curriculum? How many hours to the parents invest, players spend in car to from games and practices, sacrifices families make to be at training, games tournaments. And.. your defense is it's hard... And furthermore your your point about development is a process over years well beyond 1-2 years a particular coach has make a impact on her/her players is just furthers my point the importance of a proper and actually implemented curriculum to lift players along.

How can you defend a club like CFC size and amount of money they bring in not have a curriculum? Your best response is it's hard, that's sound hooey to me. Club size CFC the amount of money they bring in and number level players they are responsible for to not have a curriculum?

Comment

Nah, instead I think I play the horses!!! Or maybe I will dig/pour another foundation for my 10th field (build it they will come with money philosophy)

I agreed the list is a quick dirty macro view it was given to responded to the poster who blew off my criticism implying I know nothing about development and therefor criticism was baseless.

Sounds like you know what it takes do develop a curriculum instead of posting here and defending your gold mine why don't actually invest in the players you have been entrusted with.

How can you defend a club like with CFC size and amount of money they bring in not have a curriculum? How many hours to the parents invest, players spend in car to from games and practices, sacrifices families make to be at training, games tournaments. And.. your defense is it's hard... And furthermore your your point about development is a process over years well beyond 1-2 years a particular coach has make a impact on her/her players is just furthers my point the importance of a proper and actually implemented curriculum to lift players along.

How can you defend a club like CFC size and amount of money they bring in not have a curriculum? Your best response is it's hard, that's sound hooey to me. Club size CFC the amount of money they bring in and number level players they are responsible for to not have a curriculum?
                    Ummmm, what?

Comment

I haven't offered up a single word of defense on CFC. What is your evidence that they don't have any sort of club development and training curriculum?

I do not coach at CFC, and I assure you that my team in my club trains under a specific curriculum. And at another program that I lead, we have a curriculum for all levels that all our coaches sieve in and follow.

Comment

Trying to determine if this is an OW/Pro GDA Koolaid drinker, or FSA intern. If the former, good luck with GDA. It won't live up to the hype, especially at OW. If FSA, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Comment

Trying to determine if this is an OW/Pro GDA Koolaid drinker, or FSA intern. If the former, good luck with GDA. It won't live up to the hype, especially at OW. If FSA, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
                          It's not FSA, they don't have a curriculum either.

Comment

It's not FSA, they don't have a curriculum either.
                            So it must be OW. A curriculum is great, ideal in fact, IF it is a good curriculum, IF it is followed, IF coaches know how to teach it. Not sure any of that applies at OW.

Comment

So it must be OW. A curriculum is great, ideal in fact, IF it is a good curriculum, IF it is followed, IF coaches know how to teach it. Not sure any of that applies at OW.
                              Curriculum is over rated in club soccer. You should have a philosophy and a style of play. you should have certain requirements as well. After that you should train your team to play its best together.

I have been around trainers that have a "curriculum". They spend to much time with the lesser players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X