Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Soccer Coaches (NSCAA) HS Coach of Significance

United Soccer Coaches, formerly known as NSCAA, has announced Scotty McCarty as CT's HS Coach of Significance for his impact on player's lives. Having played for him formerly over 20 years ago on his first Northwest Rovers team, I can say he taught me to play, he helped me and my teammates through teenage problems, he supported us and pushed us to follow our dreams. He inspired me to coach and to focus on doing the best for the kids first and the game second, made a positive impact on their lives that would last. He's an inspiration and I consider myself blessed to call him a friend, mentor, and former coach. Congrats to USC for recognizing not the coach who won the most games but a tremendous coach who has won hearts and shaped character and made a significant positive impression on hundreds of kids. 21 years later and I can say when I think of Scotty, I think of someone who loves kids, embodies honor and integrity, demonstrates teamwork and strong character, relentless optimism, and always thinks dreams are attainable. In tough times, he has been a confidante, a guide, a source of humor and hope, and an advocate. And for those who know him, the crazy things he would say! Lol, cheers to you Scotty! Well done, well deserved, and thank you.
    Nicki Pereira

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    United Soccer Coaches, formerly known as NSCAA, has announced Scotty McCarty as CT's HS Coach of Significance for his impact on player's lives. Having played for him formerly over 20 years ago on his first Northwest Rovers team, I can say he taught me to play, he helped me and my teammates through teenage problems, he supported us and pushed us to follow our dreams. He inspired me to coach and to focus on doing the best for the kids first and the game second, made a positive impact on their lives that would last. He's an inspiration and I consider myself blessed to call him a friend, mentor, and former coach. Congrats to USC for recognizing not the coach who won the most games but a tremendous coach who has won hearts and shaped character and made a significant positive impression on hundreds of kids. 21 years later and I can say when I think of Scotty, I think of someone who loves kids, embodies honor and integrity, demonstrates teamwork and strong character, relentless optimism, and always thinks dreams are attainable. In tough times, he has been a confidante, a guide, a source of humor and hope, and an advocate. And for those who know him, the crazy things he would say! Lol, cheers to you Scotty! Well done, well deserved, and thank you.
    Nicki Pereira
    Np....your children will be playing for Fsa ecnl in the future

Comment

That is a horrible thing to wish on a nice person

Comment

Douche post of the week

Comment

Nicki Pereira
          Is he still coaching?

Sounds like someone I would like my daughter to play for.

Comment

Is he still coaching?

Sounds like someone I would like my daughter to play for.
            Not me....sounds creepy that a middle age guy is helping young teen girls with teenage problems,

Comment

Not me....sounds creepy that a middle age guy is helping young teen girls with teenage problems,
              Not necessarily ...depends on how he is helping them. A couple words of advice on how to deal with certain issues can be helpful . Coaches are role models, or can be.

Comment

Nicki Pereira
                Hi Nicki,

Do you know if this gentleman is still coaching on the club side anywhere?

I did a google search and found the Northwest Rovers website but it was not clear to me whether they are an active club. I have a daughter who would like to make the move to premier and we live in Northwest Connecticut

Comment

Not necessarily ...depends on how he is helping them. A couple words of advice on how to deal with certain issues can be helpful . Coaches are role models, or can be.
                  Haven’t met a coach in ct that I would want giving my daughter teenage advice to. Soccer, fitness, balancing sports and athletics, recruiting process, all good things for coach to discuss with my daughter. Teenage problems like underage drinking, premarital sex, acne, etc....not appropriate. Parent, school counselor,etc are better choices

Comment

Haven’t met a coach in ct that I would want giving my daughter teenage advice to. Soccer, fitness, balancing sports and athletics, recruiting process, all good things for coach to discuss with my daughter. Teenage problems like underage drinking, premarital sex, acne, etc....not appropriate. Parent, school counselor,etc are better choices
                    what is the difference between sports and athletics?

I haven't met a school counselor I would want my kids to go to for advice on anything

Comment

Many kids won't talk to their parents. Counselors barely know the kids they are assigned to as they often have 200-300 kids. It's natural for a player to feel comfortable talking to a coach who they see 3-5 times a week. If my child was struggling with something but talking to a trusted adult vs her peers? I'm OK with that. But I will qualify that with "depends on the coach"

Comment

what is the difference between sports and athletics?

I haven't met a school counselor I would want my kids to go to for advice on anything
                        you must be from Shelton

Comment

Hi Nicki,

Do you know if this gentleman is still coaching on the club side anywhere?

I did a google search and found the Northwest Rovers website but it was not clear to me whether they are an active club. I have a daughter who would like to make the move to premier and we live in Northwest Connecticut
                          He hasn't been coaching since winning American Idol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X