• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is PDP? I know what ODP is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      what is PDP? I know what ODP is.
      Player Development Program run through US Club Soccer. There's actual training vs ODP. There a talent Id component as well but we did it for the training, which was very good.

Comment

Pdp

There is a lot of misinformation bout PDP here. Someone's feelings got hurt because PDP is NOT a money grab. In fact it is FREE for NYCSL NPL in Westchester. My daughter made the team for the last few years and the training has been great. Total focus on player development and that is it. Zero money involved. Just some time and driving. If your kid is good enough, it is a great program. Ignore the idiots and liars here.

Comment

There is a lot of misinformation bout PDP here. Someone's feelings got hurt because PDP is NOT a money grab. In fact it is FREE for NYCSL NPL in Westchester. My daughter made the team for the last few years and the training has been great. Total focus on player development and that is it. Zero money involved. Just some time and driving. If your kid is good enough, it is a great program. Ignore the idiots and liars here.
          Not entirely no. If you're selected for the ID portion it's free. There is also a training program that isn't free but is high quality

Comment

PDP tryout was a waste of time..about 4 coaches, 100 kids roughly, they were missing player names, 1.5hrs of just scrimmaging, not paying attention, one would never know the quality of the training. The tryout was poorly run.

Comment

2 things:

When a parent says their kid was the best one out there I have to laugh. Tell me oh parent, what do you know about talent identification?

The only acronyms that mean anything in youth soccer are DA and ECNL. All others are a J-O-K-E.

Comment

2 things:

When a parent says their kid was the best one out there I have to laugh. Tell me oh parent, what do you know about talent identification?

The only acronyms that mean anything in youth soccer are DA and ECNL. All others are a J-O-K-E.
                pompous mean anything to you?

Comment

2 things:

DA and ECNL are sitting the bench behind NPL in college-too funny
                  heres an acronym for you STFU

Comment

2 things:

Agreed. Parents rarely can accurately assess talent overall, let alone be unbiased when it comes to their kids. When you hear that kind of statement almost always it should be dismissed (unless your Pulisic's dad)

DA and ECNL merely capture the bulk of talent. The ability of many clubs to train and develop those players to their potential is a bit of a J-O-K-E. Nor do the two leagues capture all the talent. ECNL and DA are easier pathways but they are not the only ones. What works varies from player to player depending on which clubs in the area they have to chose from. And other poster is right - plenty of those players are warming benches in college

Comment

PDP tryout was a waste of time..about 4 coaches, 100 kids roughly, they were missing player names, 1.5hrs of just scrimmaging, not paying attention, one would never know the quality of the training. The tryout was poorly run.
                      The coaches in this program are some of the best around and JC has an excellent reputation. I am sure these 4 coaches could easily determine who was a good fit for the program in the 1.5 hour tryout. My kid tried out and unfortunately did not make it. No excuses and no problem. He will keep working at it and come back for the next one.

Comment

Interesting. I thought only those nominated got invited so how did a non premier player show up?
                        The vast majority are invitedoing or nominated by their clubs. You can request a tryout but if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Great coaches who do know what they are doing.

Comment

The vast majority are invitedoing or nominated by their clubs. You can request a tryout but if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Great coaches who do know what they are doing.
                          JC is the man.

Comment

The coaches in this program are some of the best around and JC has an excellent reputation. I am sure these 4 coaches could easily determine who was a good fit for the program in the 1.5 hour tryout. My kid tried out and unfortunately did not make it. No excuses and no problem. He will keep working at it and come back for the next one.
                            Good luck to him. That's a great attitude from both player and parent.

Comment

At what point does PDP become free? Why is this one charging a fee? Not complaining. Just trying to understand the program which I think offers excellent opportunity for quality training. I think JC is awesome!!

Comment

At what point does PDP become free? Why is this one charging a fee? Not complaining. Just trying to understand the program which I think offers excellent opportunity for quality training. I think JC is awesome!!
                                You have to be chosen. The rest is paid training. Very good training, but it costs. Was worth it for us. My kid improved a lot (along with work on his own) and was able to move up to a higher level team. We didn't do it for talent ID, just better training. Website info states:

NYCSL PDP Training Groups U12-U18
                                (Identification & Development) There is no cost associated for involvement in the NYCSL PDP Training Groups. Training Groups consist of approximately 30 of the most talented, carefully selected players from the NYCSL NPL region. Players are identified from the NYCSL Centers of Excellence and nominated to NYCSL PDP directors by club coaches and DOC's.

NYCSL PDP Select Squads U9-U18
                                (National team, id2, Professional Soccer Club & College exposure)
                                Select Squads consist of approximately 18 members who have demonstrated that they are one of the most promising players in their age group from within the entire NYCSL territory. Select Squads are formed to represent the NYCSL in various high level competitive events throughout the year, including professional and collegiate showcasing and inter PDP competition. Select squad members can be recommended by the Technical Director for inclusion into the id2 program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X