Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ct boys edp teams

How are CT boys EDP teams going to fare? Seems like some tough competition with very good New York teams.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are CT boys EDP teams going to fare? Seems like some tough competition with very good New York teams.
    It depends on what division. EDP 1 and 2 are tough competition. Anything over .500 would be decent in those leagues

Comment

Except some of the stronger clubs who used to play in the top brackets have left to play ECNL. So it remains to be seen if those brackets are quite as tough.

Comment

Except some of the stronger clubs who used to play in the top brackets have left to play ECNL. So it remains to be seen if those brackets are quite as tough.
        Yeah a few it will have a slight impact

Comment

Stamford's boys U13 team lost their first league game. Must be strong competition. They rarely lose.

Comment

Stamford's boys U13 team lost their first league game. Must be strong competition. They rarely lose.
            I thought their top two players left? That would change their team dramatically.

Comment

I thought their top two players left? That would change their team dramatically.
              Don't know but They won a strong out of state Labor Day weekend tournament.

Comment

In CT the only club that left for ECNL was FSA. CFC was in NEP. There will probably be some shuffling with EDP but the competition will remain worlds better than CJSA (assuming top 2 brackets )

Comment

they did.. playing for NYCFC

Comment

In CT the only club that left for ECNL was FSA. CFC was in NEP. There will probably be some shuffling with EDP but the competition will remain worlds better than CJSA (assuming top 2 brackets )
                    Yes but edp isn't limited to CT teams, so some NY and NO teams that played in EDP have moved, it's not a matter of only one club leaving.

Not saying how much of a change this will be, I don't know that.

Comment

Yes but edp isn't limited to CT teams, so some NY and NO teams that played in EDP have moved, it's not a matter of only one club leaving.

Not saying how much of a change this will be, I don't know that.
                      It could us a little re-working. Unfortunately they don't have quite enough quality teams for the top 2 brackets, almost like 1.5. But I'll take that over CJSA all day long

Comment

Hmm, tough one - my prediction - FSC (Foundation/New Britain) does well but stays in the lower tier 2nd level Premier end (comparable to CJSA or CCSL) but not NY Metro or NPL level and Sporting (CT/Middletown) struggles 1 level up in NY Metro division but still not in NPL level division.

Comment

Oh wait, original question was EDP - not sure if NYCSL is EDP - or not - sorry not trolling or stirring up a nest just not up on whether NYSCSL is considered EDP. :-(

Comment

Oh wait, original question was EDP - not sure if NYCSL is EDP - or not - sorry not trolling or stirring up a nest just not up on whether NYSCSL is considered EDP. :-(
                            They are competing leagues, both have NPL level divisions carded under US club soccer. EDP is based in NJ been around longer covers a larger region from Northern VA to CT. NYCSL is based out of LI it's younger but fast expanding league.
                            I would give the edge to EDP depth of talent but your going to drive more. Also EDP is also dominates the tournament circuit in the area, Turf farm, fort dix they hold ton of tournaments and have some the highest ranked tournaments in the east coast. May help for bracket seeding to be in the EDP league.
                            US club soccer lets their various affiliated leagues use the term NPL (EDP, NYCSL, North East pre-academy league all have NPL divisions. NPL is US club soccers highest level of play brand before ECNL came to town but that is whole other can of worms. (mention GDAP and ECNL in the same sentence and it's like throwing a grenade in room)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X