Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What does this say for UCONN recruiting in state? Why would you send your kid there if you knew some kid from Germany is going to take his spot?
    Seriously? It’s college soccer, there’s always someone gunning to take your spot regardless of where they’re from.

Comment

That’s D1 men’s college.. it’s worlds game and only the best play. There’s only 9.9 scholarships to divvy out.

UCONN has been doing this for years. Most of their best players in recent years have been international players. Connecticut isn’t a player in big time soccer
      It's the reality of many top programs where 5-8 international players are common, some rosters even more than that. They're players who weren't quite good enough to go pro but often are more skilled than our players. Many hope to get picked up by an MLS squad here. It's not as big on the women's side but growing quickly. the internationals get the money, leaving even less for the rest.

Comment

Seriously? It’s college soccer, there’s always someone gunning to take your spot regardless of where they’re from.
        Seriously would you send your kid there?

Comment

Seriously would you send your kid there?
          Not the op but if you need to grasp that at that level your kid is competing for his/her spot each and every day with players from around the world. Welcome to the big show.

Comment

NP goes to St John’s why? Any know.

Comment

NP goes to St John’s why? Any know.
              His slick hair works better in Queens

Comment

Not the op but if you need to grasp that at that level your kid is competing for his/her spot each and every day with players from around the world. Welcome to the big show.
                Yes Lifes a Bitch then you die, I get it. But I ask you again being from/living in CT. Knowing what you know about the UCONN program. Are you sending your kid there?

Comment

Yes Lifes a Bitch then you die, I get it. But I ask you again being from/living in CT. Knowing what you know about the UCONN program. Are you sending your kid there?
                  ray reid is an alligator. he's turned uconn into southern. he needs to go. there are a number of ex uconn players that have done really great jobs as head coaches. bring one in that gets that it's about more than just soccer. there's no care at uconn for the program any more

Comment

Not sure what your angle/issue is? Knowing what you know? Let me ask you, why wouldn’t you “send your kid” to Uconn if the academic fit was right, they liked the campus and the soccer fit was right for them? I don’t really understand your point I guess.

Comment

There’s very few CT based players that can play at UConn, even fewer that will get a full ride, so it’s a moot point for most of us.

Players going to UCONN need to go in with eyes wide open. It’s a top tier program with intense competition. Good thing about UConn is if it doesn’t work out you get a great education at instate rates.

Comment

Not sure what your angle/issue is? Knowing what you know? Let me ask you, why wouldn’t you “send your kid” to Uconn if the academic fit was right, they liked the campus and the soccer fit was right for them? I don’t really understand your point I guess.
                        The only "Soccer fit" for CT players at UCONN is on the bench. Go for in state tuition but not for Soccer.

Comment

No. Storrs is too quiet for all my kids. It was never even in the consideration set for location and academic interests. With good grades you can pay less at many other great schools vs what they charge in state residents now ( highest in state tuition in the US). RR isn't a veey good coach and a bit of a dik.

Comment

ray reid is an alligator. he's turned uconn into southern. he needs to go. there are a number of ex uconn players that have done really great jobs as head coaches. bring one in that gets that it's about more than just soccer. there's no care at uconn for the program any more
                            SCSU is a good school with good soccer. So, if this is true, well done RR!

Comment

No. Storrs is too quiet for all my kids. It was never even in the consideration set for location and academic interests. With good grades you can pay less at many other great schools vs what they charge in state residents now ( highest in state tuition in the US). RR isn't a veey good coach and a bit of a dik.
                              Uconn isn’t the highest in state cost in the US. Many are higher, Penn State, Vermont, Virginia, New Hampshire to name a few.

Comment

he is a dik for sure

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X