X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Showcase

Hi All,

Our Dec 8th Indoor boys event is shaping up to be a great Showcase. Here is our coaching list so far:

UVM
    UNH
    BC
    Holy Cross
    WPI
    NEC
    Assumption
    Bates
    Franklin Pierce
    Regis
    St Joe's
    Maine Maritime

We are going to go indoors so we don't have to brave the December weather. We still have a few coaches to add, but register now as we are filling up quickly.

https://elitecollegecombine.com

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi All,

Our Dec 8th Indoor boys event is shaping up to be a great Showcase. Here is our coaching list so far:

UVM
    UNH
    BC
    Holy Cross
    WPI
    NEC
    Assumption
    Bates
    Franklin Pierce
    Regis
    St Joe's
    Maine Maritime

We are going to go indoors so we don't have to brave the December weather. We still have a few coaches to add, but register now as we are filling up quickly.

https://elitecollegecombine.com
    OMG, I have to hurry and call in with my credit card handy! I need to waste $175 ASAP to get my kid to play for 45 minutes in front of a bunch of D3 coaches indoors (and a handful of low D1's that still wont have any money for my kid .... they wouldnt even come if they didnt get paid). HURRY, HURRY, HURRY BEFORE IT SELLS OUT!!!!

Comment

OMG, I have to hurry and call in with my credit card handy! I need to waste $175 ASAP to get my kid to play for 45 minutes in front of a bunch of D3 coaches indoors (and a handful of low D1's that still wont have any money for my kid .... they wouldnt even come if they didnt get paid). HURRY, HURRY, HURRY BEFORE IT SELLS OUT!!!!
      No need to be a dbag about it.

I'm not associated with it, but the previous sessions were sold out...and gave many families unfamiliar with the process a chance to gain some knowledge.

Comment

1. It is 3 hours, but math is not your strong suite
        2. The first 4 coaches are DI and one is DII, but knowledge is not your strong suite
        3. If you want to play in college, what is wrong with looking at DIII, but thinking is not your strong suite

Comment

For anyone new to Talking Soccer, this what a TSD (Talking Soccer Douche) looks like

Comment

1. It is 3 hours, but math is not your strong suite
            2. The first 4 coaches are DI and one is DII, but knowledge is not your strong suite
            3. If you want to play in college, what is wrong with looking at DIII, but thinking is not your strong suite
            Wow. Amazing. Play at a decent club and far more and far more prestigious coaches will come to your tournament games for free ..... many times. This is a cattle call and very podunk one at that. There are far better cattle calls that are closer (and actually cheaper). This one blows, save your money.

Comment

PS - "a bunch of D3 coaches indoors (and a handful of low D1's ...)" ..... but reading is not your strong suite. Sorry I pissed on your crappy little event. I am like Sir Robin of TS .... saving all of our kind readers from robbers like yourself. If it was an amazing event, you would have better coaches coming in from Northern New England .... the boys list isn't great, but the girls list it absolutely pathetic.

Comment

It is "strong suit", not "suite", but spelling is not your strong suit.

Comment

PS - "a bunch of D3 coaches indoors (and a handful of low D1's ...)" ..... but reading is not your strong suite. Sorry I pissed on your crappy little event. I am like Sir Robin of TS .... saving all of our kind readers from robbers like yourself. If it was an amazing event, you would have better coaches coming in from Northern New England .... the boys list isn't great, but the girls list it absolutely pathetic.
                  So UNH, UVM, BC all suck...where is your kid going to play...if they add providence and umass would you change your mind!

Comment

So UNH, UVM, BC all suck...where is your kid going to play...if they add providence and umass would you change your mind!
                    A bunch of low paid assistant coaches making a short trip for a paycheck. What aren't you getting about this money grab?

Comment

A bunch of low paid assistant coaches making a short trip for a paycheck. What aren't you getting about this money grab?
                      Assistant coaches do a lot of the pre-screen work for head coaches. Yes a player would still have to go through more steps but this one of the many branches you can take to college soccer. No need to crap all over it. Why do you care since obviously you have no interest?

Comment

For those interested, here is the finalized list of coaches for our indoor boys showcase. I think we have a great lineup and plan a 4:1 player/coach ratio. Check out our site at elitecollegecombine.com

- University of Vermont
                        - University of New Hampshire
                        - Boston College
                        - Southern New Hampshire University
                        - Holy Cross
                        - Maine Maritime
                        - WPI
                        - Emerson College
                        - Regis College
                        - Saint Joseph's
                        - Franklin Pierce
                        - Assumption
                        - Bates
                        - New England College

Comment

I brought my son to one of those combines a couple of years ago and 3 of the coaches wanted him and contacted me further. He is playing for college now, not to one of those schools but I was interested to see how legit they were. It certainly is a good starting point if you have a player, contact the coach after to see if there is any interest then they will ask when you are playing next with your current team. Head coaches in general don't do the scouting it is all up to the assistants. Yes they make money, but if they see a player they will pursue you. If you play Academy they will pursue harder.

Comment

I brought my son to one of those combines a couple of years ago and 3 of the coaches wanted him and contacted me further. He is playing for college now, not to one of those schools but I was interested to see how legit they were. It certainly is a good starting point if you have a player, contact the coach after to see if there is any interest then they will ask when you are playing next with your current team. Head coaches in general don't do the scouting it is all up to the assistants. Yes they make money, but if they see a player they will pursue you. If you play Academy they will pursue harder.
                            Congratulations. The biggest question is did you have any idea what you were doing before hand because this same thing could have been accomplished at a high school pre-season jamboree.

Comment

I mostly concur. You need to fully evaluate these showcases before spending the $. If you go at the right time (of age/grade).....and your child is reasonably interested in the schools, they are a fantastic way to get introduction to the coaches. However, it is important for the child to follow up with the coach and keep the dialogue going. The best showcases are the ones that move the players in small groups through various skills/drills stations.....then spend the afternoon (or next day) playing games while getting coached by two or three of the coaches. Yes...the coaches are coaching...but they are really evaluation ALL playersr (not just the players on their own team). They get a chance to watch the other games while their team is not playing.

On the other hand.....some are more cash cows for the organizers. You need to be mindful of the itinerary as well as the player to coach headcount.

Like anything....you need to do some homework before buying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X