Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm confused...A club pays to rent fields and works around the schedule of the town in which those fields are based, and that's illegal? I'm not very well versed in law, how is a civil issue illegal?
    Innocent bystander here.

I would imagine that the town club has the field permits. One question would be if the town club has the authority to sublet that permit. This could be an instance where a civil suit could occur by the town recouping any monies the club collected by sub leasing.

Other issues ccould be be town charter and by-laws which may give first consideration to community based organizations.

Comment

Innocent bystander here.

I would imagine that the town club has the field permits. One question would be if the town club has the authority to sublet that permit. This could be an instance where a civil suit could occur by the town recouping any monies the club collected by sub leasing.

Other issues ccould be be town charter and by-laws which may give first consideration to community based organizations.
      different towns handle it differently but yes many have to give preference to town organizations first, then whatever times are left can be rented to outsiders. It's usually handled by the town. I've never heard of a town program subletting but I suppose it's possible; weird, but possible.

Comment

Innocent bystander here.

Hmm, OK, thanks for the response. I was legitimately asking because my kid plays for Susa, played for ISA before and has always played at Baymen. I know we had trouble rescheduling a game once and the coach explained it was because Bayport had the fields and they got first priority. No biggie, I was just trying to figure out how it was illegal and how it would affect my kid since it hasn't thus far. I thought something had changed, but I guess it was just an attempt at deflection.

Comment

Hmm, OK, thanks for the response. I was legitimately asking because my kid plays for Susa, played for ISA before and has always played at Baymen. I know we had trouble rescheduling a game once and the coach explained it was because Bayport had the fields and they got first priority. No biggie, I was just trying to figure out how it was illegal and how it would affect my kid since it hasn't thus far. I thought something had changed, but I guess it was just an attempt at deflection.
          The baymen are not following the terms of their lease on the Cherry Ave fields, but unless the local bureaucrats get involved, nothing is going to change.

Comment

The baymen are not following the terms of their lease on the Cherry Ave fields, but unless the local bureaucrats get involved, nothing is going to change.
            So how does it work? The town of Islip owns the fields and they supply the permits to clubs? And they Baymen sub-lease it to Susa? Honestly, just curious, interested in how it all works...

Comment

Many towns give permits to town/village parks as well as schools on the restriction that at least 50% of the players on any team utilizing the fields be from the tax district that maintains the fields. The 50% is just an example number, and a number I know to be true for a couple village maintained parks on the south shore of Nassau.

Clubs get the permits with that clause in their "contract". Technically if they field teams with too few players from the area, they are in breach of contract, which would be civil law. Albeit, the town needs to prove financial loss to recover anything other than cancelling the "contract".

Do you see a town investigating the number of non-resident players and possibly forfeiting future fees? Don't ask, don't tell is pretty much the standard used. Unless, a local club wants the fields and decides to complain the town really doesn't care, unless the check doesn't clear.

Comment

so now that we are almost at the end of the inaugural season, any insight, thoughts?

Comment

so now that we are almost at the end of the inaugural season, any insight, thoughts?
                  Their records are mostly awful. But with new teams being shoved immediately in high divisions, that was to be expected. The question is did the kids get anything out of it.

Comment

Valencia got winter training at Alley Pond in Queens, 3 hours per week over the winter. Heard about it from an old Rough Rider parent my kid use to play with. I got a hold of them and the price is much cheaper then the ones being advertised on BOTN.

Comment

Valencia got winter training at Alley Pond in Queens, 3 hours per week over the winter. Heard about it from an old Rough Rider parent my kid use to play with. I got a hold of them and the price is much cheaper then the ones being advertised on BOTN.
                      heard it was $999 for training no games

Comment

They are playing league in the second half of winter. Tournament first half. 16 weeks of training.

Comment

heard it was $999 for training no games
                          Basically $20 per hour which is $10-$15 cheaper then the others.

Comment

Basically $20 per hour which is $10-$15 cheaper then the others.
                            How is Alley Pond? Has anyone trained there?

Comment

How is Alley Pond? Has anyone trained there?
                              Queens. Feel sorry for players from Suffolk, that’s a hike.

Comment

I did a jigs camp at Alley Pond before and the facility is basically the same size Mitchell Field and a little smaller then Hofstra Bubble. I went on the Valencia FB page to check it out and it looks like they are pushing it pretty hard. They are saying UEFA training 3 hours a week over the winter and if that’s true it’s more then anybody else on the Island. I guess it’s far for families in Suffolk but The same can be said for Nassau county residents commuting to Susa, Surf, or Barça for training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X