Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOC salary

What should a full time DOC of a premier club of approx 20 teams expect to be paid?
    (fully qualified professional)

Re: DOC salary

What should a full time DOC of a premier club of approx 20 teams expect to be paid?
    (fully qualified professional)
    I believe a former DOC of a rather large club on the South Shore was 40K

Comment

If the DOC is also the owner of the non-profit club it can be hard to determine unless there is an inpendant board that oversees the finances of the club. In that case, coach and DOC salaries would be reviewed approved by the board. There also would be a level of transparency.

Comment

One well known metro west club paid it's doc (girls & boys) about $10,000 in the about 1994 and another (combined girls & boys) about $20,000 in about 2002. They were only responsible for guiding teams (maybe coaching one team as well) - no summer camps or clinics.

Comment

Thanks,
          A clarification: What should you have to pay a qualified outsider after a nationwide search?

A person with technical, conceptual, leadership and administrative skills overseeing club training, recruiting, coaching assignments, fundraising, sponsorship and marketing etc...

$40K doesn't seem bad for the right DOC.

Comment

I'd need a 1 in front of that $40,000 to take on the full responsibility of a large Club, especially if a few of the crazy T-S parents, like myself, had kids in the program.

Comment

I'm a sucker for doing bocephus' research, but I know this question has been posed before and it interests me.

The NSCAA (you can look that one up) offers these general guidelines:

Youth Club Director of Coaching
              Responsible for club curriculum development, hiring and training of staff, fundraising, budget, competitive calendar,
              parent education, etc.
              Reports to: Usually a board of directors comprised of club members either chosen by the president or elected by the club.
              Terms of Service: Negotiable.
              Salary Range: $10,000 - $120,000 plus benefits (depends on the size of the club).
              Recommended Qualifications: NSCAA National Youth Diploma, NSCAA Premier Diploma.

The Dallas News had an informative article that was discussed on the old Touchline: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 0346e.html

The DOC of Serono in Arizona who infamously scratched a player from a state cup tournament, as recently discussed on this forum, was making $75K base salary: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/content/ ... ion/992692.

By the way, whatever happened to all the formatting tools and emoticons on this forum? Why is the BBCode turned off?

Comment

MYSA has some good information available on club structure, hiring a DOC, DOC qualifications and duties, DOC salaries and how to fund them.

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/download/1 ... manual.pdf

According to this a salary $35,000 and $50,000 is a realistic range to consider. A parttime DOC (20 hours/week), would range between $18,000 and $25,000 depending on qualifications. MYSA also recommends a fulltime person should be given health insurance, disability coverage, and some form of retirement fund.

Comment

That is quite a range of salaries. I imagine the most qualified will want the higher range. Then there is retention (even if in this economy someone comes in a more reasonable salary).

if a club has 300 players $40K breaks down to about $133 per head, per year. Should be doable.

Has anybody heard of incentives on top of salary If the DOC grows the club, is effective at fund raising, runs tournaments etc...?

The links and info are much appreciated,
                  Thanks

Comment

I find it hard to believe that this thread actually exists on this forum. If someone had a legitimate question here as they were in the market, what could you possibly be thinking about that would lead you to believe you'd get any real sense of reality here? And why would you expose the world to this discussion? Maybe we should be discussing whether the coach of your child's team is being paid sufficiently at the moment and lets see if they could get a better paying job at another club....... Please...... use some sense.

Comment

I asked this question on several forums and was flamed on several. Here I did receive some useful information.

Thanks again.

Comment

I asked this question on several forums and was flamed on several. Here I did receive some useful information.

Thanks again.

Normally, you'd get flamed here too. The trolls must have been in a relatively good mood.

Comment

"Maybe we should be discussing whether the coach of your child's team is being paid sufficiently at the moment and lets see if they could get a better paying job at another club....... Please...... use some sense."

While where on the subject, what does a division one coach on a preimier team usually get paid. How would you determine how much they get paid.

As far as incentives for DOC There are some clubs out there that will do it. Depending on how many the DOC recruits for the Club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X