Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer hits and misses 2009

What do folks think were the soccer hits and misses of the past year. To get the ball rolling I would say Catholic Memorial winning D1 H.S. Was a surprise. MA showing at regionals and nationals was a definite miss.

Originally posted by FATHER TIME View Post
    What do folks think were the soccer hits and misses of the past year. To get the ball rolling I would say Catholic Memorial winning D1 H.S. Was a surprise. MA showing at regionals and nationals was a definite miss.
    ??? You may want to take a little history lesson. Massachusetts has never had particularly great success at Regionals or Nationals. One or two teams with a win is above normal - and that is what we had this year. We probably had the greatest success in the R1 Prmeier League with more teams qualifying for the play-offs than ever before. We also have more players in NPs than ever before. By all accounts we are moving up to a spot right behind NJ and ENY in terms of R1 performance. Not bad.

Comment

This whole thread is a miss!!

Comment

Time will tell but I think the biggest hit/miss will be the formation of the NEFC club. It will be interesting to see next week how many of their club coaches are scoruing around the Marlboro and Norfolk tournaments looking for players from the other clubs.

Comment

Nationals up at Lancaster. Hit or miss? NEFC I have to agree. Time will tell. AB not winning the state title a miss but Algonquin winning it was a definite hit. Played their best soccer at the right time. D1 boys state final (sorry CM) but a major miss. One of the worst state finals ever. CC was a hit. The mere fact of more and more clubs showing up on the landscape is a another major miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Time will tell but I think the biggest hit/miss will be the formation of the NEFC club. It will be interesting to see next week how many of their club coaches are scoruing around the Marlboro and Norfolk tournaments looking for players from the other clubs.
            Let the poaching begin at NEFC Marlboro and NEFC Norfolk!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X