•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bingo.
    Fact is....
    There were approx 100+ club applications to be a part of ECNL and from that a lot of clubs in Florida applied. All those clubs here in FL that crapped all over ECNL were probably the ones trying to get in too. ECNL is doing it right and not just opening their doors. The time to be a part before it's to late is tryouts coming up. Ya I might sound like Joe bandwagon here but ECNL, boys for us,² is here to stay and gaining popularity.
    My son has never played DA and I understand it is the highest level but this is his first year playing ECNL and the experience has been good.

I was most impressed with the showcases. They actually have college scouts there. We played 3 games and there were scouts at 2 of those games. If you want your kid to have a chance at playing college then this is a really good option.

Comment

My son has never played DA and I understand it is the highest level but this is his first year playing ECNL and the experience has been good.

I was most impressed with the showcases. They actually have college scouts there. We played 3 games and there were scouts at 2 of those games. If you want your kid to have a chance at playing college then this is a really good option.
      Not only college but also the chance to play with top level players against elite teams and not against the same old league play year after year. Agree with above poster the up coming tryouts are a must if top players are looking to join ECNL.

Comment

Did I miss the "impressive list" in that article? I see a list of decent/good clubs but I could not find the "impressive" list of clubs.

ECNL probably needed a travel partner in south Florida. I wonder who else applied and didn't get in?

Comment

ECNL probably needed a travel partner in south Florida. I wonder who else applied and didn't get in?
          My understanding with top people running the ECNL, they wont allow just like DA to everyone to have it. There were lots of applications and going by the market share and within boundaries of other clubs to make it interesting and share the market value why i believe Boca United received it, Since there are like 4-5 clubs within that distance it makes sense to grab the population within itself and market it better instead of so many within a 25 mile radius like DA.

Miramar appears to have had the upper hand which makes sense. Hope it turns good as will be good here in South Florida to challenge DA considering MLS DA now has the upper hand. Would not surprise to see within the next 2 years the tide shifts like in the Western part of the country.

For those in DA, good luck and wish you the best!

Comment

Not only college but also the chance to play with top level players against elite teams and not against the same old league play year after year. Agree with above poster the up coming tryouts are a must if top players are looking to join ECNL.
            Please... It's just another title and $$$ grab. Our boys recently played a FL ECNL team in tournament play. Not impressed if this is supposed to be an elite level.

Comment

Please... It's just another title and $$$ grab. Our boys recently played a FL ECNL team in tournament play. Not impressed if this is supposed to be an elite level.
              have you seen DA level of play and how they play? Have you not seen the costs of DA pay to play? I am on a DA team and not impressed at all. Hope it changes for the well being of the players.

Comment

Top level? yeah right. Have you seen FL Elite and KKK ECNL boys teams. Nothing there but average talent. Just because PB got ECNL doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to put together top level teams.

Comment

Top level? yeah right. Have you seen FL Elite and KKK ECNL boys teams. Nothing there but average talent. Just because PB got ECNL doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to put together top level teams.
                  We are from Boca, lets hope they can manage to take some from the DA which suck and put together better practices which number 1 parents want, and 2 better development for the players. Winning will come after, just need better products on the field to follow.

Comment

Hope this is a better outcome and better managed then the DA here in Palm Beach/Boca. Because the DA they put out here between some clubs, simply suck. They need better coaches and more focused practices on tactics of the game and player awareness.

Comment

I hear that term 'money grab' thrown around by non-ecnl or non-da teams and I am wondering who you think is grabbing the money? We have boys ecnl and it costs maybe $100 more per year in fees to be on the ecnl team rather than the next level competitive team. You may not be all that impressed, but without question, ecnl and da teams get a ton more looks from college coaches.

Comment

Hope this is a better outcome and better managed then the DA here in Palm Beach/Boca. Because the DA they put out here between some clubs, simply suck. They need better coaches and more focused practices on tactics of the game and player awareness.
                        Palm Beach United is the same dude that ran the DA out of Palm beach. Went from FC to Surf to Palm Beach United and then Predators in a period of like 2 years. Should be the same quality!

Comment

Palm Beach United is the same dude that ran the DA out of Palm beach. Went from FC to Surf to Palm Beach United and then Predators in a period of like 2 years. Should be the same quality!
                          We at Boca have been getting details that would be bringing better coaches for Boca ECNL and also a lot of DA players in the area are not happy with the DA's within a 50 mile radius and want to try something else.

Comment

We at Boca have been getting details that would be bringing better coaches for Boca ECNL and also a lot of DA players in the area are not happy with the DA's within a 50 mile radius and want to try something else.
                            Time will tell...

Comment

Well, that sounds like b.s. "we are getting details" what does that even mean? What "details" and from whom. "Better coaches" you mean better than the suck aZZ ones you have now? So what? That's not very difficult with the bottom feeders currently coaching that club. "Not happy with the DA's within a fifty mile radius" that's basically Weston. Bottom line, this sounds like more malarkey from the guys who run Boca United. Nothing will change. USSF should yank the patch and give GDA to someone located in central or nothern palm beach county - so that kids all over Palm Beach County can participate. Having Boca and Weston makes no sense from a demographic or competitive point of view - the two teams and simply scavaging the same group of players.

Comment

I don't know but we played a KKK ( assume FKK) team last weekend and there was very good talent on that boys team and well above average.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X