Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCSL vs EDP

Another battle looming for Connecticut soccer. CJSA died off as a Premier League faster than anyone could have imagined. Now they are back with a new partner, EDP. Where will everyone go?...

Where the best competition is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Another battle looming for Connecticut soccer. CJSA died off as a Premier League faster than anyone could have imagined. Now they are back with a new partner, EDP. Where will everyone go?...
      still same clowns running cjsa. can't imagine too many are headed that way

Comment

took a look at ccsl spring schedules, there are WAY too many town premiers in that league now. It was a good concept when they first started out in that it was generally the strong traditional CT premier clubs, but now it's all over the place (CJSA-like).

Comment

took a look at ccsl spring schedules, there are WAY too many town premiers in that league now. It was a good concept when they first started out in that it was generally the strong traditional CT premier clubs, but now it's all over the place (CJSA-like).
          Those same town programs will be key into EDP. FUSA, Shelton, Trumbull....clubs will be divided and everything will be watered down.

Comment

Those same town programs will be key into EDP. FUSA, Shelton, Trumbull....clubs will be divided and everything will be watered down.
            really need to return to the sane days of strong travel town programs with tryouts, etc. and stop with this $$$premier ridiculousness.

Comment

really need to return to the sane days of strong travel town programs with tryouts, etc. and stop with this $$$premier ridiculousness.

In my town, town travel soccer is freaking joke. A bunch of idiot dads running the program thinking they know everything. You may have one or two quality players but the rest just suck. Thank god for premier. My son was asking to play with better players. Now, do I think premier is perfect? Hell no. The amount of travel is borderline insane at times. But at the end of the day I can say no to it all but for now it works.

On top if it all...Im tired of hearing from you overweight out of shape "back in the day" bull**** ex players on the sideline. No one cares about your past so shut up about it.

Comment

On top if it all...Im tired of hearing from you overweight out of shape "back in the day" bull**** ex players on the sideline. No one cares about your past so shut up about it.
                eh, you get that in premier too....maybe even moreso.

Comment

I agree the costs are getting out of hand and something needs to be done. But we are never going back to town vs town programs for the strongest players. Our culture is too competitive and the landscape has changed too much. I think the best we can hope for are clubs that provide a good service and work on keeping prices down. The new EDP/CJSA partnership will be cheaper than CCSL. Maybe the clubs in that league will pass the savings along?

Comment

That ship sailed a long time ago. Too many leagues wanted a piece of the $ action. Now travel is so watered down it's all but rec level. Without a complete restructuring of the entire youth soccer industrial pyramid parents have to wade through the bog as best they can.

Comment

I agree the costs are getting out of hand and something needs to be done. But we are never going back to town vs town programs for the strongest players. Our culture is too competitive and the landscape has changed too much. I think the best we can hope for are clubs that provide a good service and work on keeping prices down. The new EDP/CJSA partnership will be cheaper than CCSL. Maybe the clubs in that league will pass the savings along?
                      They won't. On a per player basis the difference is practically a rounding error. Plus as long as others are charging the same and they can get away with charging market rates, why would they want to lessen their profit margin?

The only way to really save is to reduce travel. Both CCSL and CJSA are in state so no real difference there either. The costs go up once you start doing regional leagues. Gas and tolls add up. Out of state tournaments you can drive to; out of state tournaments you have to fly to. The higher up you go up the soccer ladder the bigger your travel budget gets.

Comment

That ship sailed a long time ago. Too many leagues wanted a piece of the $ action. Now travel is so watered down it's all but rec level.
                        my town is one that went the town premier route, and they've annihilated the non-premier side of the club by doing so.

Comment

my town is one that went the town premier route, and they've annihilated the non-premier side of the club by doing so.
                          Ours does this at some age groups to keep the premier kids playing in town .... Since they can only be on one premier team almost all of them left our town program and that watered it down even more! They really over-calculated when they made the decision to do this.

Comment

Ours does this at some age groups to keep the premier kids playing in town .... Since they can only be on one premier team almost all of them left our town program and that watered it down even more! They really over-calculated when they made the decision to do this.
                            I think in my town's case it was a lot of short-term thinking, and not considering the long-term ramifications. Sounds like your town was the same.

Comment

Totally agree ! my daughters travel team finally held tryouts in 7th grade, now we play premier and routinely beat mid to low level premier clubs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X