WPU what’s going on?

What’s happening now?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s happening now?
    Irrelevant unless you are BT daughter paying 10k to play girls DA at Weston

Comment

Heard of an email

Comment

Not much to add to this story. U8 and U9 parents run away. Everyone else has been pretty much warned for several years at this point.

Comment

The email says it all. Oh well.

Comment

The email says it all. Oh well.
            Please share email

Comment

Please share email
              Dear Membership,

I am writing this letter with the deepest sadness in my heart because of my love for West Pines United F.C.
              I have been part of this club for over 10 ten years as a parent, team manager, board member and in the last 3 years as an employee working in the main office of the club.
              Unfortunately, the board members of West Pines United F.C. fired me through the Director of Operations without giving me a clear reason or explanation and to this date, they refuse to give me a simple letter stating why I have been fired.
              On March 5th, 2019, (the date I was fire), I requested directly to the 7 members of the BOD headed by Mr. Tuffin the President of the club, the reason why they made that decision. Today is March 18th and I still have not received official communication about it. This is the modus operandi of the current board of directors as many of you already known; they are always hidden and never saying the truth. I saw how this club flourished and grew for many years becoming one of the most important clubs in South Florida.
              While I was part of the board, I saw how the club used to have 20 teams and became a powerhouse with over 50 teams and over 850 players. I saw how the club used to have only 220 teams for the West Pines Tournament and became the second largest tournament in South Florida with over 500 teams spread over 11 parks. I saw how the club was bankrupt and in debt then turn around to be one of the most organized and well-run clubs in Florida with a budget that reaches $1.3 million dollars a year and had over $250 thousand dollars in reserves.
              I saw how the club won important tournaments at the state level and dominate every single tournament that they went. West Pines United used to be a club that other teams were afraid of to play. I saw how the club went from having 2 parks to having 5 parks. I saw how many coaches will send their resumes because they wanted to be part of this club. I saw how transparency was important and elections were done every year where parents were asked to participate and be part of the board, open board meetings were available for members and the bylaws were public to all the members on its website.
              But now, I have to sadly say that under this new administration and the last two years of the board, I have seen how the club has felt apart and now West Pines United United became a club that lost more than 20+ teams and over 400+ players. I have seen how the reserves of the club have disappeared and that maybe before the end of the season the club might not even have enough money to cover Club expenses.

Under this new administration, I have seen how the club went from having 22 girls’ teams to only having 8 girls’ team. Under this Board of Directors of the last two years, I have seen how coaches have been fired unjustly or have left to other clubs taking players and parents with them because of the lack of leadership in the club. I have seen how elections have been hidden to members not following the club’s bylaws which by the way, they changed for their own convenience. For the last 2 elections period, the BOD used unsigned bylaws, For those members with over 2 seasons in the Club, elections for 2017 the Board of Directors added 2 more seats for a total of 9 Board of Directors and those changes never were signed in the bylaws. Last year during the new elections the candidates asked for the current bylaws and they never received the signed document only a paragraph with the information, this time showing only 7 seats as original bylaws (attached signed document for you to review). As a member, you should request the bylaws to understand how the club should run.

During all these years, I have given my best to the West Pines United. I have worked overtime hours, answering countless emails, phone calls to help members or coaches resolve any issues at any time of the day. I love West Pines because has been my home for many years so to have to leave this way is extremely sad for me. West Pines United has a special place in my heart.

I have received so many phone calls and emails from members, team managers and coaches giving me their support because they understand the level and quality of my service and knowledge to the club during all these years. For those "thank you"... Be sure I am going to fight to clear my name if the reason for their decision is no truth because I am not going to let anyone destroy my reputation that I have worked hard to build. At the same time, I will ask you to open your eyes if you care about West Pines United because the club does not belong to the board of directors or the president, the club belongs to the players, belongs to the members that paid for the registration. If you are going to continue in the club, I will encourage you to nominate yourself to a board position or vote for anyone that is not part of the current board that is if the current board follows the bylaws and has an election. West Pines United needs board members that don’t think on their interest or child but thinks about the entire club and players. If you are not satisfied with the current board members please do something about it. I will encourage you to contact the City of Pembroke Pines to the Park Directors Christina Sorensen to let her know what is happening in the club but only you the members can do something. The club was turned around once in the past so it can be done again so don’t let West Pines United disappear.

Sincerely,

Comment

If West Pines Parents dont demand change, they deserve whatever they get

Comment

Sofia Miranda basically said everything every other board member wants to say with the exception of Brian and Hector.

Comment

Thank you Sofia. You were were the only decent person working in this club’s administration

Comment

Your welcome, whats happening is a travesty. If you dont agree with everything they say, they remove you.

Comment

Funny how she starts to speak up after she’s fired and doesn’t collect a paycheck anymore. She knew this was happening for at least a year but didn’t say a word because she was getting paid. Now she wants to clear her name? Hahaha they are all useless. As a parent, we will do something, leave the club. Moron is the one who stays when better options available.

Comment

Whats going on West pines

I agree this club is going from bad to worst amd all because of bad administrator. We were members at one point and left because of it, not the coaches or players but the main administrators who think they can buy there kids skills. We saw in decrease in team and how money was spend without reserves. Its sad how a budget was spend and not for good on the children. The board of directors who ever gets elected should have an extensive background check and recommendations before being in place.

Comment

Funny how she starts to speak up after she’s fired and doesn’t collect a paycheck anymore. She knew this was happening for at least a year but didn’t say a word because she was getting paid. Now she wants to clear her name? Hahaha they are all useless. As a parent, we will do something, leave the club. Moron is the one who stays when better options available.
                            You're talking BS.

She's been fighting Brian for 3 years. She used to be allowed in Board Meetings and Brian had her removed. She kept that club afloat when Brian, Hector and their DOC's had no idea on how to run a club.

Comment

I agree this club is going from bad to worst amd all because of bad administrator. We were members at one point and left because of it, not the coaches or players but the main administrators who think they can buy there kids skills. We saw in decrease in team and how money was spend without reserves. Its sad how a budget was spend and not for good on the children. The board of directors who ever gets elected should have an extensive background check and recommendations before being in place.
                              Brian and Hector are the worst thing to ever happen at this club. They hired guys like Felix the rat and Cunningham the clown.
                              How many kids has Hector put in college in the 3 years he's been there? I'm guessing the answer is 0.
                              Brian will be gone now that he paid his way into Weston. Time for someone decent to step up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X