Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Based on teams added for next year, GDA is going towards glorified NPL as well. Should work for NYSC. Not sure NYCFC players would go there and settle for the training at NYSC unless they have no other options.
    Some won't have many options. If they want ECNL not all can go to WC. If they want to stay in DA some clubs won't be geographically feasible for some, and Alby and LISC are just horrifically bad.

Comment

I don't think that NYSC invested any money into it. I think one of their board members did and he rents to them
      You mean the board member whose kid starts every single game without question? I’m sure he’s a fantastic player though.

Comment

You mean the board member whose kid starts every single game without question? I’m sure he’s a fantastic player though.
        you mean the owner? his kid is actually pretty good.

Comment

you mean the owner? his kid is actually pretty good.
          Yes, correct, that’s exactly who I was referring to, in response to someone who said “board member”. I haven’t seen the kid play, I’m sure he’s good, but not really a great look in my opinion to start him every single game without fail. Not even MK does that. To each his own.

Comment

Yes, correct, that’s exactly who I was referring to, in response to someone who said “board member”. I haven’t seen the kid play, I’m sure he’s good, but not really a great look in my opinion to start him every single game without fail. Not even MK does that. To each his own.
            he's fine but does not stand out. Should be in the mix but not playing 100% minutes in every game.

Comment

he's fine but does not stand out. Should be in the mix but not playing 100% minutes in every game.
              I believe he has 2 kids in the program

Comment

Most clubs have some politics, some are just much worse than others. If the club is getting a good facility out of it then it's minimal downside- as long as other layers are still getting in deserved PT as well. Some players are bench warmers regardless of who is on the field

Comment

Most clubs have some politics, some are just much worse than others. If the club is getting a good facility out of it then it's minimal downside- as long as other layers are still getting in deserved PT as well. Some players are bench warmers regardless of who is on the field

I agree. We are very happy with NYSC and the facilities are amazing. I bet MK wishes he had someone willing and able to pay for a new field for BS.

Comment

We have our kids at NYSC. one plays on his son’s team. The kid does not come off the field and coach kisses his *****. We play $5000 a player plus uniforms, plus every training session at Ophir that we are “recommended” to participate in. This guy is making a fortune off my family alone. We are fortunate enough to be able to afford it, but after this past fall, we see how the favoritism on some teams can ruin team unity

Comment

We have our kids at NYSC. one plays on his son’s team. The kid does not come off the field and coach kisses his *****. We play $5000 a player plus uniforms, plus every training session at Ophir that we are “recommended” to participate in. This guy is making a fortune off my family alone. We are fortunate enough to be able to afford it, but after this past fall, we see how the favoritism on some teams can ruin team unity
                      Which age group is this?

Comment

This club is terrible. Are we really congratulating them for adding what is destined to be another mediocre team with a losing record. Bad coaching. Terrible management/directors. Non existent college placement. More politics than most clubs.
                        Other than the new facility they are just awful.

Comment

Politics is very bad at this club on both boys and girls sides. Typical rich westchester people who are constantly using money to try to get their kid preferential treatment, positions and playing time. Half of them are completely delusional about their kid's abilities.

Comment

This club is terrible. Are we really congratulating them for adding what is destined to be another mediocre team with a losing record. Bad coaching. Terrible management/directors. Non existent college placement. More politics than most clubs.
                            They've had great college placement for years! Stop the BS!

Comment

I am sure experiences can vary with coaches. Our experience has been very good and the coaching is great. I have not noticed the politics but maybe I am just not paying attention. I will try and spend less time in the parking lot idling for an hour and more time gossiping with the parents

Comment

Politics is very bad at this club on both boys and girls sides. Typical rich westchester people who are constantly using money to try to get their kid preferential treatment, positions and playing time. Half of them are completely delusional about their kid's abilities.
                                That doesn't happen at BS, ever.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X