Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it just me..... or is there a different in getting paid to do something and it being ALL about the money?

Thank you...well said!

Comment

"....yet they still brought the same players back...." They had to bring the same players back because no players of higher quality wanted to come to the club. It's not like they turned down new, better, players. They went with what they had to in order to fill the rosters.
      Thank you for reassuring that you are about quantity not quality(filling rosters). Players were picked before tryouts started. It has nothing to do with talent at WFF, it is about getting in good with US NT Scout YY. "Can you pay the fee without questioning anything? Great you're in!"

Comment

Just proves what everyone says. Most da teams are no better than the better npl, fspl, cdl teams. Of course there are exceptions. The top da/ecnl teams are better but most da/ecnl teams can be beat by non da/ecnl teams.

No, just WFF and certainly not everyone.....just the haters, ill informed and wannabe's that didn't make it.

Comment

No, just WFF and certainly not everyone.....just the haters, ill informed and wannabe's that didn't make it.
          Sad that a non DA team wants to get on here and brag about victories in a scrimmage. The purpose of a scrimmage is to try players at different positions and to test strategies. It is posts like these that keep DA and ECNL teams from giving you scrimmages because while you are all about puffing your chest the DA/ECNL team is in need of what a scrimmage provides.

Since I don’t believe anyone from WFF would get on here and brag about this I can only assume that a Rush parent is responsible, in which case I will point to the week before when you scrimmaged those other DA teams. Would you care to let everyone know how that went for you?

My advise would be to be grateful for the opportunity in the future, as everyone knows that giving such scrimmages can lead to this. Not from WFF, but bravo to the leadership for allowing this scrimmage even though the conventional wisdom would be not to.

Comment

Sad that a non DA team wants to get on here and brag about victories in a scrimmage. The purpose of a scrimmage is to try players at different positions and to test strategies. It is posts like these that keep DA and ECNL teams from giving you scrimmages because while you are all about puffing your chest the DA/ECNL team is in need of what a scrimmage provides.

Since I don’t believe anyone from WFF would get on here and brag about this I can only assume that a Rush parent is responsible, in which case I will point to the week before when you scrimmaged those other DA teams. Would you care to let everyone know how that went for you?

My advise would be to be grateful for the opportunity in the future, as everyone knows that giving such scrimmages can lead to this. Not from WFF, but bravo to the leadership for allowing this scrimmage even though the conventional wisdom would be not to.
            This thread wasn’t started by Rush parents, it was started by that same group of 05 parents that have done nothing other than complain about every coach their little princesses have had since their glory days of RH. Now that they are competing against real teams on a week to week basis and they aren’t winning U.S.A. league trophies and Sarasota Cup medals, they don’t know how to react, other than blame the coach for something different every week. If you haven’t noticed, this weeks theme is ‘greedy coaches’. Is it a coincidence that this was also the week that SS sent out his email about his 2 day camp? I think not.

Go ahead and follow through on your threats of taking your girls to TBU next year (if they even make the TBU team). I can’t wait to see your reactions when DSB strongly suggests that your girls enroll in her Future 50 camp or whatever else she will have throughout the year to raise some extra money. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              this thread wasn’t started by rush parents, it was started by that same group of 05 parents that have done nothing other than complain about every coach their little princesses have had since their glory days of rh. Now that they are competing against real teams on a week to week basis and they aren’t winning u.s.a. League trophies and sarasota cup medals, they don’t know how to react, other than blame the coach for something different every week. If you haven’t noticed, this weeks theme is ‘greedy coaches’. Is it a coincidence that this was also the week that ss sent out his email about his 2 day camp? I think not.

Go ahead and follow through on your threats of taking your girls to tbu next year (if they even make the tbu team). I can’t wait to see your reactions when dsb strongly suggests that your girls enroll in her future 50 camp or whatever else she will have throughout the year to raise some extra money. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.
              Preach brother! Preach! Can I get an amen?

Comment

This thread wasn’t started by Rush parents, it was started by that same group of 05 parents that have done nothing other than complain about every coach their little princesses have had since their glory days of RH. Now that they are competing against real teams on a week to week basis and they aren’t winning U.S.A. league trophies and Sarasota Cup medals, they don’t know how to react, other than blame the coach for something different every week. If you haven’t noticed, this weeks theme is ‘greedy coaches’. Is it a coincidence that this was also the week that SS sent out his email about his 2 day camp? I think not.

Go ahead and follow through on your threats of taking your girls to TBU next year (if they even make the TBU team). I can’t wait to see your reactions when DSB strongly suggests that your girls enroll in her Future 50 camp or whatever else she will have throughout the year to raise some extra money. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.
                The fact of the matter is there are a handful of kids on the GDA '05 who aren't DA (or ECNL) level. They're on the team because of their parents kicking up a fuss when they didn't get DA invitations in the first rounds and the coaches caved. Most of the losses are down to that. TBU won't solve that problem, friends.

Comment

The fact of the matter is there are a handful of kids on the GDA '05 who aren't DA (or ECNL) level. They're on the team because of their parents kicking up a fuss when they didn't get DA invitations in the first rounds and the coaches caved. Most of the losses are down to that. TBU won't solve that problem, friends.
                  Truth. We all know who they are. I wonder if the same strategy will work when it comes to making the college team.

Btw who would want to be on the bottom 3rd of a DA roster anyway?

Comment

Maybe she isn't at the DA level. Maybe she should not of made the DA team. Which makes it easier to believe these coaches are all about the money.
                    Serious question: How much roughly do these coaches make per year? Coaching salary + camps etc.? I bet its not nearly enough to even make a credible argument that any of them are "in it for the money" (at WFF, TBU or wherever)

Comment

Truth. We all know who they are. I wonder if the same strategy will work when it comes to making the college team.

Btw who would want to be on the bottom 3rd of a DA roster anyway?
                      This is obviously your first rodeo.

05s are 8th graders! Why would you not want to be at the bottom 1/3 of a roster? They still have 2 more years before college coaches even start caring, and plenty of time to develop and rise before then. Half the girls you now think are your 'stars' will either have quit by that time or will barely see any playing time. There is nothing wrong with being at the bottom third at this young age.

Comment

Serious question: How much roughly do these coaches make per year? Coaching salary + camps etc.? I bet its not nearly enough to even make a credible argument that any of them are "in it for the money" (at WFF, TBU or wherever)
                        For real. It is a silly argument isn’t it? I don’t think any coach is making what the parents who can afford this sport at the highest levels are.

Comment

Will the 2 day camp include screaming, yelling, belittling and criticizing? Or is that reserved just for the 12 and 13 year old GDA players? That will definitely inspire the players.

Can we pay extra for bouts of rage and temper tantrums?

Comment

It’s all very vague. As for straight coaching, it’s not too much and depends on the coaching license and amount of teams (a neighborhood club we used to be at paid coaches $8-12k per team). Once additional titles are involved, ex.- director of this, head trainer of that- it’s anybody’s guess.

Adding in the camps may seem simple (100 kids for $100 each should equal $10,000), but then the additional coaches need to be paid, a possible fee on field rental and any extras the coaches may supply.

So realistically, there’s way too many variables that need to be identified.

Comment

05s are 8th graders! Why would you not want to be at the bottom 1/3 of a roster? They still have 2 more years before college coaches even start caring, and plenty of time to develop and rise before then. Half the girls you now think are your 'stars' will either have quit by that time or will barely see any playing time. There is nothing wrong with being at the bottom third at this young age.
                              This is obviously your first rodeo and you have a bottom 3rd child. By 13 any coach worth his/her salt can separate the wheat from the chaff. If your daughter is on the the bottom third at this age you may as well save your money, nothing is going to change. She is slow and unskilled now and nothing is going to change that in the future. When the age merge comes in two years she will be relegated to the NPL team and no college coaches will be seeing her.

There is a reason that some kids are verbally committed in 8th and 9th grade. The cards have already been dealt. The only variable is how much more will that kid develop.

The kids that loose interest do it at 13. It is a fact. The stars at 13 tend to be commited by the end of their 9th grade year. Tell me/show me I am wrong.

Sadly the bottom 3rd of any team DA or not, have a hard time finding a soccer home after high school. Your daughter may as well play somewhere she can get some field time.

Comment

I heard this from another coach

This at least the second time that I've heard this statement. What you are saying is that average players will great in a few years and great players now will not be that good in a few years. Tell me again how this will happen?
                                Great players play and average players watch from the bench. How will they all of a sudden get better than the great players? It's not from playing. Do you just think that they will get faster, better skilled and understand the game from the sidelines?
                                It just blows my mind to think that you tell these less talented kids that they will one day be great at something that they don't have the skill set for now.

I can tell you this. My kid was good from the moment they stepped on the soccer field. They are good now and will be till they finish playing. That is because they were blessed with speed, agility, strength, height, weight and quickness. Nothing that can be trained into a player. Tell me all you want about how an average player at 12 will be great by 16 with nothing more than a growth spurt. There are factors that make a good player. The easiest is athleticism. You don't wake up one day and have it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X