Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where do you go for those tryouts? My son is a 05 goalie and we do not see or get information emailed to us when they are in the area for those tryouts. He has played club and started for his middle school team.
    Exactly!

Comment

What new kids are they bringing in? Where do these highly talented kids come from? Surely you arent referring to the Ecnl talent pool they keep pulling kids from?
      Not at all. They are externals who have been training with them and another 04 kid who finally got on the roster. So they will have 2 04 players. Which will remove the 06 players

Comment

Exactly!
        If your kid was as good as you say, you would hear from the DA coaches.

Comment

Not at all. They are externals who have been training with them and another 04 kid who finally got on the roster. So they will have 2 04 players. Which will remove the 06 players
          So they trade out above average 06 players for below average 04 players and bring in one kid that lives over 2 hours away and this is making the team better?

Comment

Oc da u14

So they trade out above average 06 players for below average 04 players and bring in one kid that lives over 2 hours away and this is making the team better?
            Just one simple question from an outsider to this club, how do people who do not have kids on this team know or get all this information about these kids? Is this an upset parent or what. I have never heard anything about this age group or team(not Orlando City but this particular team) but with all these responses I must be missing something.

Comment

Just one simple question from an outsider to this club, how do people who do not have kids on this team know or get all this information about these kids? Is this an upset parent or what. I have never heard anything about this age group or team(not Orlando City but this particular team) but with all these responses I must be missing something.
              Everybody knows this stuff. TS provides a platform to discuss it publicly.

Comment

the 04 players are not below average. you must think you kid is a messi I guess, the 06 players are good but 1 rotates and the 1 that has been there for all season is good. he would be better served on the 06 team. this team has like 10 kids for center mid

Comment

the 04 players are not below average. you must think you kid is a messi I guess, the 06 players are good but 1 rotates and the 1 that has been there for all season is good. he would be better served on the 06 team. this team has like 10 kids for center mid
                  If the 04 players are so good why are they playing down in 05?

Comment

OC da u14

Can someone answer how they get the invites or notices for the US national camp? I can not find anything online to register for the updates.

Comment

Can someone answer how they get the invites or notices for the US national camp? I can not find anything online to register for the updates.
                      Players are scouted and invited to national team camps. It is not an open tryout.

Comment

Players are scouted and invited to national team camps. It is not an open tryout.
                        Adding to the above.
                        Players are scouted through the DA and ECNL programs. Another possible path is through ODP.

Comment

Adding to the above.
                          Players are scouted through the DA and ECNL programs. Another possible path is through ODP.
                          The players being referred to in this thread all got scouted through DA.

Comment

The players being referred to in this thread all got scouted through DA.
                            That's fine, that is the top avenue, but not the only avenue.

Comment

Oc da u14

That's fine, that is the top avenue, but not the only avenue.
                              So they do not allow kids to have a fair opportunity to walk on and win the spots from those precious selected few? That is BS! Our kids deserve to have a fair chance!!!

Comment

So they do not allow kids to have a fair opportunity to walk on and win the spots from those precious selected few? That is BS! Our kids deserve to have a fair chance!!!
                                These kids are scouted by US scouts at DA league games and recommended by coaches and academy directors to participate. There is no walk on's or crazy parent involvement allowed. This is the major draw for playing DA especially in a non MLS academy. It is a selection process to get to a larger tryout and then possibly a call up to an official team camp.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X