Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    On the girls side our coach sent several girls down to prime to make sure they were developed to their full potential. Seems a shame for people to have to travel so far to participate in DA/ECNL.
    The 2003 girls coach is also the academy director. He is notorious for sending his and other players to MLS clubs. He has continually moved girls off his team to give them better opportunities. Two of the girls made the national team as a result. Good for the players, bad for the team and club!

Comment

The 2003 girls coach is also the academy director. He is notorious for sending his and other players to MLS clubs. He has continually moved girls off his team to give them better opportunities. Two of the girls made the national team as a result. Good for the players, bad for the team and club!
      How is that bad for the team or the club? The team is playing in SUFYSA, and is doing o.k.ish - not great. The players who stayed are great kids, hardworking, and have a good time. I don't see how this bad for anyone other than a parent fixated on winning SUFYSA medals/trophies. Once the player reaches a certain level of development, you have to move them into a more challenging set of circumstances.

Comment

I don’t think notorious is the word you are looking for in this situation.

Comment

How is that bad for the team or the club? The team is playing in SUFYSA, and is doing o.k.ish - not great. The players who stayed are great kids, hardworking, and have a good time. I don't see how this bad for anyone other than a parent fixated on winning SUFYSA medals/trophies. Once the player reaches a certain level of development, you have to move them into a more challenging set of circumstances.
          100%

But, it’s bad for the club cause you can’t post as many Facebook trophy pictures. Those are important. I need the likes.

Comment

100%

But, it’s bad for the club cause you can’t post as many Facebook trophy pictures. Those are important. I need the likes.
            Lol you right on that one 😢

Comment

Lol you right on that one 😢

Gardens is a great travel club. They are not that great and everyone makes it. Their best players have been leaving for years which is what every club should promote. Most of you get worked up with a better opportunity(DA's or encl) and I just cannot figure it out. The toxic environment you create at these other clubs is simply not good for the club the parents or the players.

Comment

Gardens is a great travel club. They are not that great and everyone makes it. Their best players have been leaving for years which is what every club should promote. Most of you get worked up with a better opportunity(DA's or encl) and I just cannot figure it out. The toxic environment you create at these other clubs is simply not good for the club the parents or the players.
                What are you talking about?They stack their teams with too many players and get mad when kids leave because they play everyone to bring in the most kids and money. This year Jupiter are the culprits. Prior to that Wellington ,Boynton....A small step above rec. everybody leaves who is really good because the top players play the same as the lower. Every age group,girls and boys loses top players every year as soon as the parents can see that the approach tis to suggest that it is competitive,but the only competition is to be the biggest most average club around.

Comment

What are you talking about?They stack their teams with too many players and get mad when kids leave because they play everyone to bring in the most kids and money. This year Jupiter are the culprits. Prior to that Wellington ,Boynton....A small step above rec. everybody leaves who is really good because the top players play the same as the lower. Every age group,girls and boys loses top players every year as soon as the parents can see that the approach tis to suggest that it is competitive,but the only competition is to be the biggest most average club around.
                  Who is better in North Palm Beach County? Central Palm Beach County? DA and ECNL aren't interested in this part of South Florida, so you do the best you can with SFYSA, and your better players make the hour and a half drive to Broward. That's just South Florida Soccer.

Comment

Who is better in North Palm Beach County? Central Palm Beach County? DA and ECNL aren't interested in this part of South Florida, so you do the best you can with SFYSA, and your better players make the hour and a half drive to Broward. That's just South Florida Soccer.

Jupiter is on rebound. Elite has smaller turnout but more competitive. Also Petrov has good coaching. At least the players will have more travel ability and the coaching is aggressive and strong.

Comment

It is so funny that the guy they are talking about EA the ex head coach of the surf is under scrutiny. This coach works with smoke and mirrors. All of his experince is smoke and mirrors

Well, let's see
                      With the help of his financial backing of unlimited funds by TD. He was the general manager AND was the head coach of the now defunct Surf, which was expelled from the PDL league for cheating , violence , and thinking just because they have money they can do what they want.

They spent millions of dollars luring kids from all over providing Job's, Housing, Travel expenses, medical staff, trainers, ...... you named it and they provided it.

What have they won ?
                      NOTHING

Where did it get them ?
                      NO WHERE

If this team of "A" licensed coaches at PBG can not make college players and foreign players into a successful team with unlimited resources .....

What can they do with the youth ???????? Where it's pay to play

It's a travesty.....

NOW .... They transferred they defunct team to Port St Lucie as the treasure coast Triton's where again EA is the Assistant coach with TD flipping the bill ----. No expense spared. Beautiful facilities, fields , restaurant etc. All super chic.....

But, what's going to be the difference this year ?
                      If it walks like a duck
                      Talks like a duck
                      Quacks like a duck .....

It's a duck in a Triton's uniform

Good luck to everyone at the gardens hope you read and understand that money and license doesn't guarantee you results.

Hard work
                      Dedication
                      Knowledge and
                      Soccer experience makes development happen
                      Not American Express or smoke and mirrors coach.

Becuase sooner or later money train will end and he'll be moving out of Florida to find a new job.
                      Time will tell

Comment

It is so funny that the guy they are talking about EA the ex head coach of the surf is under scrutiny. This coach works with smoke and mirrors. All of his experince is smoke and mirrors

Well, let's see
                        With the help of his financial backing of unlimited funds by TD. He was the general manager AND was the head coach of the now defunct Surf, which was expelled from the PDL league for cheating , violence , and thinking just because they have money they can do what they want.

They spent millions of dollars luring kids from all over providing Job's, Housing, Travel expenses, medical staff, trainers, ...... you named it and they provided it.

What have they won ?
                        NOTHING

Where did it get them ?
                        NO WHERE

If this team of "A" licensed coaches at PBG can not make college players and foreign players into a successful team with unlimited resources .....

What can they do with the youth ???????? Where it's pay to play

It's a travesty.....

NOW .... They transferred they defunct team to Port St Lucie as the treasure coast Triton's where again EA is the Assistant coach with TD flipping the bill ----. No expense spared. Beautiful facilities, fields , restaurant etc. All super chic.....

But, what's going to be the difference this year ?
                        If it walks like a duck
                        Talks like a duck
                        Quacks like a duck .....

It's a duck in a Triton's uniform

Good luck to everyone at the gardens hope you read and understand that money and license doesn't guarantee you results.

Hard work
                        Dedication
                        Knowledge and
                        Soccer experience makes development happen
                        Not American Express or smoke and mirrors coach.

Becuase sooner or later money train will end and he'll be moving out of Florida to find a new job.
                        Time will tell
                        Actually, we won a game today. That's something.

Comment

Word is gee is on the way out of PBG? True?

Comment

Yes, well put. Lived this for a while, so glad not to be involved with this incestous ‘club’ anymore

Comment

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=154500&page=4

Sadly, a parent of one of my players texted this to me this morning on my drive to work. This could possibly be one of the most shallow things I have ever seen. I have no problem breaking it down for you and putting my name behind it though;

1. All my experience is smoke in mirrors...I didn't know the person posting this was by my side throughout my career but if you'd like to discuss my experiences, lets have a coffee and I can tell you what some things look like that most will never see in this game. I have not seen it all, but definitely a lot more than most. I am sure you can do the same for me with your profession as well.

2. Unlimited funds by TD...we are a business and we do have limited funds. I have actually saved this man over $1M a year by reducing costs, increasing efficiency and creating revenue streams. What have you done for him? Do you even know him?

3. Kicked out of the league? We are still in the league for the 4th consecutive year in a row. Actually, the USL approached us about advancing the franchise this year. Something they apparently do for all of the cheaters, liars, and violent teams.

4. Millions of dollars "luring" kids away? Away from what? We run our team like a professional team (you would have had to actually work for one like I did to know what the inside of that looks like). We give them jobs, housing, cover travel expenses, doctors, trainers, etc. We give them a platform to succeed. Somehow, you assume that every kid should succeed - the percentage is below 0.25%. We just had our 12th player in 3 years sign a professional contract. Not too bad for a defunct organization. The best part is, its TD's hobby. It's his money, he can do whatever he wants and all people do is judge him. He doesn't care about the opinion of others. Everyone has terrible things to say about him but everyone wishes they had what he has. He is no con-artist, he is a business man...a very wealthy one. He likes to have fun and give something back to the game as an avid supporter.

5. The players that play for my teams personally in Gardens are happy. If they aren't, they leave at their own leisure...I am not for everyone, no hard feelings. I have the 2003 GW team and oversee the Development Academy. I do advise players to move on each year and those players still update me with how they are doing and are progressing in their new clubs (Kat Rader, Emmy Schleifer, Michelle Berndt, Enasia Colon, Riley Fazio, Summer Sinclair). Not everyone advances, but I am sure that everyone wishes they would. Thats never going to be the case, not every player has a happy ending. Life doesn't always have a happy ending. As for the DA, in our first year we had 8 players go on trial and moved 3 of them to MLS residency programs. In addition, 8 more players moved to Boca United and Weston (I personally brought them there). 11 of our 18 moved on in year one...pretty sure those results are better than W's on the weekends.

6. As for the "money train", my parents taught me to never put all my eggs in one basket - i'll be just fine if TD decides to sell the team tomorrow. I don't want to leave Florida, I grew up here. I also have three degrees supporting my college education, I will be perfectly fine if TD chooses to spend his money elsewhere. Until then, I will continue to work everyday like I do. I am a happy person, I love my work and I care about every player I get to work with. I don't have time for negativity...I barely made time for this.

To the person who posted this, I do not expect you to put your name behind it. If I was you, I'd remain a coward behind a screen too. You definitely wont talk **** to my face when you can spread lies behind my back. I'd never make false claims about people because I am not jealous of anyone. I respect people and their work - regardless of what it is. My advice to all of the people who read the nonsense on this site...don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.

Eric Arbuzow

Comment

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=154500&page=4

Sadly, a parent of one of my players texted this to me this morning on my drive to work. This could possibly be one of the most shallow things I have ever seen. I have no problem breaking it down for you and putting my name behind it though;

1. All my experience is smoke in mirrors...I didn't know the person posting this was by my side throughout my career but if you'd like to discuss my experiences, lets have a coffee and I can tell you what some things look like that most will never see in this game. I have not seen it all, but definitely a lot more than most. I am sure you can do the same for me with your profession as well.

2. Unlimited funds by TD...we are a business and we do have limited funds. I have actually saved this man over $1M a year by reducing costs, increasing efficiency and creating revenue streams. What have you done for him? Do you even know him?

3. Kicked out of the league? We are still in the league for the 4th consecutive year in a row. Actually, the USL approached us about advancing the franchise this year. Something they apparently do for all of the cheaters, liars, and violent teams.

4. Millions of dollars "luring" kids away? Away from what? We run our team like a professional team (you would have had to actually work for one like I did to know what the inside of that looks like). We give them jobs, housing, cover travel expenses, doctors, trainers, etc. We give them a platform to succeed. Somehow, you assume that every kid should succeed - the percentage is below 0.25%. We just had our 12th player in 3 years sign a professional contract. Not too bad for a defunct organization. The best part is, its TD's hobby. It's his money, he can do whatever he wants and all people do is judge him. He doesn't care about the opinion of others. Everyone has terrible things to say about him but everyone wishes they had what he has. He is no con-artist, he is a business man...a very wealthy one. He likes to have fun and give something back to the game as an avid supporter.

5. The players that play for my teams personally in Gardens are happy. If they aren't, they leave at their own leisure...I am not for everyone, no hard feelings. I have the 2003 GW team and oversee the Development Academy. I do advise players to move on each year and those players still update me with how they are doing and are progressing in their new clubs (Kat Rader, Emmy Schleifer, Michelle Berndt, Enasia Colon, Riley Fazio, Summer Sinclair). Not everyone advances, but I am sure that everyone wishes they would. Thats never going to be the case, not every player has a happy ending. Life doesn't always have a happy ending. As for the DA, in our first year we had 8 players go on trial and moved 3 of them to MLS residency programs. In addition, 8 more players moved to Boca United and Weston (I personally brought them there). 11 of our 18 moved on in year one...pretty sure those results are better than W's on the weekends.

6. As for the "money train", my parents taught me to never put all my eggs in one basket - i'll be just fine if TD decides to sell the team tomorrow. I don't want to leave Florida, I grew up here. I also have three degrees supporting my college education, I will be perfectly fine if TD chooses to spend his money elsewhere. Until then, I will continue to work everyday like I do. I am a happy person, I love my work and I care about every player I get to work with. I don't have time for negativity...I barely made time for this.

To the person who posted this, I do not expect you to put your name behind it. If I was you, I'd remain a coward behind a screen too. You definitely wont talk **** to my face when you can spread lies behind my back. I'd never make false claims about people because I am not jealous of anyone. I respect people and their work - regardless of what it is. My advice to all of the people who read the nonsense on this site...don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.

Eric Arbuzow
                                Damn Coach! Give 'em hell!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X