Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Clubs for Goalkeeper Trainings and Development?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FSA had supplemental tryouts last Saturday and have heard no news about our kid, who is a keeper. I am thinking as they get older trying to get into a club for the first time, the harder it us. While FSA has good training, it is only for the kids who are already part of the program. It is hard to get in if you are new.
    Best hope anyway is that the C team picks him up so that FSA has another check to cash. Not worth it IMO. He'll move from C only when the A and B keepers leave and they're desperate.

Comment

Best hope anyway is that the C team picks him up so that FSA has another check to cash. Not worth it IMO. He'll move from C only when the A and B keepers leave and they're desperate.
      Very difficult to move up the FSA ladder. They tend not to want to risk the wrath of parents.

Comment

Good information, thank you!!! So wish I knew this before we bothered trying out. I heard that they never formed the 06 CT team for some reason too. Surprised because I would think they are losing $$.
        Do not do an FSA C team. You're better off going to another decent club and getting your kid some strong supplemental GK training. If he's any good you might be able to find a team that's desperate for a good GK and comp your fees. Have him work really hard and try out again next spring.

Comment

Do not do an FSA C team. You're better off going to another decent club and getting your kid some strong supplemental GK training. If he's any good you might be able to find a team that's desperate for a good GK and comp your fees. Have him work really hard and try out again next spring.
          It would be cheaper to burn your fee $ ..... at least you will save on travel expenses, so it will actually cost you less ..... with same result ..... little to no training for a really bad travel B team.

Comment

It would be cheaper to burn your fee $ ..... at least you will save on travel expenses, so it will actually cost you less ..... with same result ..... little to no training for a really bad travel B team.
            If i was a goal keeper i would try to find the worst club possible. Look at current standings and pick the lowest team in the standings.

There would be lots of practice in games with people taking real shots.

Comment

If i was a goal keeper i would try to find the worst club possible. Look at current standings and pick the lowest team in the standings.

Then FSA NPL and C teams would be a good call for your kid. Their keepers get peppered almost every game.

Comment

But not GK training either. It isn't just about game time but proper training and development. That said, FSA B or C teams aren't worth the trade off. Save your money and time for private or semiprivate training/camps and play elsewhere, possibly for free if they are short a GK.

Comment

how much is a FSA CT team anyway for a 2006?

Comment

how much is a FSA CT team anyway for a 2006?
                    Anything more than $5 is too much

Comment

Agree that LO at Everton is terrific. A number of goalies work with him even if they are not at the club.
                      dfdfasdfasd

Comment

FSA has strong keeper training.

Comment

Fairfield County- LO and MW at Everton (or their separate camps and clinics are open to anyone)

FSA up Hartford way

CFC but only with United, no branches

Comment

FSA has strong keeper training.
                            Certainly for the girls teams (every level). They can't pass the ball well and keep turning it over to their opponents quickly so the FSA keepers get tons of work and experience. It is rumored that FSA keepers get the equivalent of 5 seasons worth of saves every 2 months. It's like a driving range for keepers with an endless bucket!

Comment

Certainly for the girls teams (every level). They can't pass the ball well and keep turning it over to their opponents quickly so the FSA keepers get tons of work and experience. It is rumored that FSA keepers get the equivalent of 5 seasons worth of saves every 2 months. It's like a driving range for keepers with an endless bucket!
                              This pathetic know-nothing doesn't realize that FSA has the best youth coaches in the Northeast: MD, CC, and AD. Stay at Sporting you wannabe.

Comment

This pathetic know-nothing doesn't realize that FSA has the best youth coaches in the Northeast: MD, CC, and AD. Stay at Sporting you wannabe.
                                Nearly choked on my lunch I was laughing so hard

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X