Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just wanted to make sure the Yankee NLI"e" was on the right thread. Shameful that JN perpetrated a fraud when he had a mock NLI signing for a Yankee player who also played for him at St Joes. Discussed on the signing day thread for all who want to know the truth about a coach who is all about himself and his image. MM, the asst coach is also guilty by association although his true involvement is unknown. You cant play robin to batman and claim to not know who bruce wayne really is.
    you are a bitter old fool

where she is going and the circumstances are not secret (you seem to have the details)
    its a nice thing for the kid and her parents-good for them

seriously -all that hate will get you sick-lighten up Francis

Comment

yankee failure

you are a bitter old fool

where she is going and the circumstances are not secret (you seem to have the details)
      its a nice thing for the kid and her parents-good for them

seriously -all that hate will get you sick-lighten up Francis
      I think this is an epic failure by Yankee. As a multi year all American, Yankee should have been able to help her navigate the process and get a scholarship at UCONN. I personally think UCONN is cheap in comparison to out of state schools and I think their womens soccer program is going to have some very good years ahead of them with the recent signings and some verbal commitments that I have seen/heard about. So unlike other posters, I have no issues with the players choice of school or the D1 program.

My real issue is the Yankee failure to help their player get a scholarship

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

Comment

I think this is an epic failure by Yankee. As a multi year all American, Yankee should have been able to help her navigate the process and get a scholarship at UCONN. I personally think UCONN is cheap in comparison to out of state schools and I think their womens soccer program is going to have some very good years ahead of them with the recent signings and some verbal commitments that I have seen/heard about. So unlike other posters, I have no issues with the players choice of school or the D1 program.

My real issue is the Yankee failure to help their player get a scholarship

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/
        Okay, Yankee hater, we get your false sense of indignation. The problem with getting this particular player a scholarship was that her family is blindingly wealthy. Just extremely wealthy, with zero chance of getting any kind of free ride, or near free ride, anywhere, period.

Nice problem to have, the issue does not affect the family whatsoever, and there was nothing YU, or anyone else, could have helped alleviate.

But keep up the hate, hopefully it kills you.

Comment

It has been mentioned on more than one thread (which are buried god knows where now in "pharmacy" threads) that she was set to go to Fordham then switched late in the game. It's very likely it was too late at that point for her to get a spot or any money (especially in light of girls' recruitment being earlier than boys this is plausible). We don't know what Yankee did or didn't do to help her after that.

There may be a huge list of reasons why she switched from academics/area of study, team/ coach compatibility, or finances (even with some merit and other aid you'll pay more to go to Fordham than paying full board as an in-state UCONN student. But now she has switched and hopefully she can land a spot and a scholarship next year.

Comment

It has been mentioned on more than one thread (which are buried god knows where now in "pharmacy" threads) that she was set to go to Fordham then switched late in the game. It's very likely it was too late at that point for her to get a spot or any money (especially in light of girls' recruitment being earlier than boys this is plausible). We don't know what Yankee did or didn't do to help her after that.

There may be a huge list of reasons why she switched from academics/area of study, team/ coach compatibility, or finances (even with some merit and other aid you'll pay more to go to Fordham than paying full board as an in-state UCONN student. But now she has switched and hopefully she can land a spot and a scholarship next year.
            ok I didn't know about the family wealth, so I take the scholarship part back. But she can still get a spot down the road.

Comment

wait

Okay, Yankee hater, we get your false sense of indignation. The problem with getting this particular player a scholarship was that her family is blindingly wealthy. Just extremely wealthy, with zero chance of getting any kind of free ride, or near free ride, anywhere, period.

Nice problem to have, the issue does not affect the family whatsoever, and there was nothing YU, or anyone else, could have helped alleviate.

But keep up the hate, hopefully it kills you.
              So yankee is now saying because someone is wealthy they can not get an athletic scholarship?

Comment

So yankee is now saying because someone is wealthy they can not get an athletic scholarship?
                Do you not read? She switched late in the game, for whatever reason(s). Probably no spot or money left.

Besides, full rides are few and far between anyway. I know a top MLS DAP team player that is only getting half-ride D1 scholarship and the family is anything but wealthy. So yes if you can write a check most schools will use that money for athletes need it. That's how it works.

Comment

I can read

Do you not read? She switched late in the game, for whatever reason(s). Probably no spot or money left.

Besides, full rides are few and far between anyway. I know a top MLS DAP team player that is only getting half-ride D1 scholarship and the family is anything but wealthy. So yes if you can write a check most schools will use that money for athletes need it. That's how it works.
                  Here is the quote I responded too.
                  "The problem with getting this particular player a scholarship was that her family is blindingly wealthy. Just extremely wealthy, with zero chance of getting any kind of free ride, or near free ride, anywhere, period."

Does that say anything about a change of mind? Or does that imply that rich=no scholarship? Lets see if you can read.

Did DD get any money? She changed her commitment.

Comment

Here is the quote I responded too.
                    "The problem with getting this particular player a scholarship was that her family is blindingly wealthy. Just extremely wealthy, with zero chance of getting any kind of free ride, or near free ride, anywhere, period."

Does that say anything about a change of mind? Or does that imply that rich=no scholarship? Lets see if you can read.

Did DD get any money? She changed her commitment.
                    Here's a thought - it's a combination of both! Changing commitment (my comment) AND the family's financial status (another poster). Ever think of that?

Comment

You're really quite stupid, aren't you?

Comment

Fool

Do you realize that not a single person other than the girl (her family) & the coach know the amount of athletic/academic package they receive? Y

Comment

actually, you are the fool

Do you realize that not a single person other than the girl (her family) & the coach know the amount of athletic/academic package they receive? Y
                          If she didn't sign a NLI, then he received 0 athletic aid this year.

Comment

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of college athletic scholarships, but wouldn't it be in a college's best interest to give an athletically qualified player from a wealthy family a nominal scholarship that will encourage the player to attend? Once the NLI is signed, the parents can make a big donation if they choose to. Seems logical. Is it kosher?

Comment

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of college athletic scholarships, but wouldn't it be in a college's best interest to give an athletically qualified player from a wealthy family a nominal scholarship that will encourage the player to attend? Once the NLI is signed, the parents can make a big donation if they choose to. Seems logical. Is it kosher?
                              Yes. Coach needs to decide how much he wants a player and how much $ it will take for him to get her. A well-off family is less likely to change schools for more money, but giving them a little money to allow them to do a real NLI signing is still probably a good idea. However, if the coach has already committed all his money for the year, there may not be anything to give.

Comment

Um, that's totally not kosher.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X