Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes, one of the worst things for soccer players is being big and fast at young ages. Those kids rarely realize how far behind everyone else they are until it is too late. And since most parents don't know much they don't realize it either. It is rare you get the big strong kid who is super technical, too. Its better to be just slightly undersized and rely on technique, skill and IQ and then hope to catch up enough physically later on.
    I know what you mean. Our kid's above average strength and speed have been a real burden. Would have been much better off being on the small/slow side.

Comment

I know what you mean. Our kid's above average strength and speed have been a real burden. Would have been much better off being on the small/slow side.
      How old is your kid? By this response I bet you have a U11 superstar.

Comment

He is short and fat like his Dad

Comment

17. D1 commit.

Comment

Can you even read? Rarely =/= never.

Comment

17. D1 commit.
              This has cfc written all over it. D1 commit could mean university of Hartford or Fitchburg state or UNC or UCLA.

Comment

This has cfc written all over it. D1 commit could mean university of Hartford or Fitchburg state or UNC or UCLA.
                It may or may not be. Oakwood and FSA also have D1 commits.

2% of all high school age soccer players in CT will set foot on a Division 1 college soccer field. Whether it’s Hartford, QU or UCLA, it’s a big accomplishment. Those throwing stones are the parents of kids who would never be in the discussion

CFC crowd is quick to throw it in your face but it’s impressive nonetheless

Comment

The chances of some parent trolling TS from Jefferson Cup are about 0.

Comment

Cfc boys

Does cfc care about the boys teams

Comment

Does cfc care about the boys teams
                      No. Im sure they care but not a lot of talent

Comment

No. Im sure they care but not a lot of talent
                        Tough with two DA teams (and more in n NY) and FSA having a better boys program. CFC also doesn't put much of an effort into their younger boys teams which bites them in the butt later on. FSA's boys teams (well, the top teams) are consistently solid.

Comment

Tough with two DA teams (and more in n NY) and FSA having a better boys program. CFC also doesn't put much of an effort into their younger boys teams which bites them in the butt later on. FSA's boys teams (well, the top teams) are consistently solid.
                          CFC United boys teams aren’t as bad as some would like to make them out to be on this site (for whatever reason). You’re correct in that it’s tough with two DA programs in state, and I’ll admit that FSA is definitely better overall on the boys side. However, last weekend the u16 and u18 boys both tied FSA at FSA. CFC United will improve (already are starting to) and even now I’d say they’re 4th best in the state on the boys side...no shame in that. They clearly need to fix the issue of not necessarily aggregating their own top talent from certain branches to get the top branch and NPL players onto all of the ECNL teams. Not happening now.

Comment

CFC United boys teams aren’t as bad as some would like to make them out to be on this site (for whatever reason). You’re correct in that it’s tough with two DA programs in state, and I’ll admit that FSA is definitely better overall on the boys side. However, last weekend the u16 and u18 boys both tied FSA at FSA. CFC United will improve (already are starting to) and even now I’d say they’re 4th best in the state on the boys side...no shame in that. They clearly need to fix the issue of not necessarily aggregating their own top talent from certain branches to get the top branch and NPL players onto all of the ECNL teams. Not happening now.
                            Olgert at CFC Valley flat out refuses to send any players to United. I sat and listened to him ridicule the United program. Was asking why anyone from his program would want to travel farther, pay more money to be on a weaker team. If you can’t get your own damn directors to buy into your program how are you going to get others to?

Comment

Olgert at CFC Valley flat out refuses to send any players to United. I sat and listened to him ridicule the United program. Was asking why anyone from his program would want to travel farther, pay more money to be on a weaker team. If you can’t get your own damn directors to buy into your program how are you going to get others to?
                              He probably orated all this at the top of his lungs standing at midfield. Total a$s

Comment

That’s hilarious since his program is awful. LOL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X