Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He won’t be there long. He is only trying to climb the ladder. Never seen a single d-3 coach spend so much time st ecnl and DA events all over the country trying to recruit. Has basically no chance of getting these girls. Just building his recruiting roster for his next job.
    Master office needs first rate and then you pick the correct address

Comment

He is the best

Comment

Hope he has a great time recruiting at the orange classic. Watch out girls don’t let him sucker you in. Be careful he is a good car salesman.
        I bought a car from the garage door salesman the other day the car fit in the t!

Comment

D3 coaches at small liberal arts and sciences schools located in the southeast have to work thirty times harder to recruit the right freshmen.

Comment

Not sure what this is
            This guys a real piece of work. Beware of playing for him

Comment

Attrition rate meaning those that quit playing soccer and not those leaving the school entirely. The two variables are independent of each other.

This does bring up a point, though. I have two kids that are collegiate athletes now. A girl that plays soccer and a boy that plays basketball. I have a third , a girl, that is a sophomore in high school and wants to play soccer in college. The point that I have made to all of them is that the school they choose is the school that they want to be at regardless of if they play a sport or not. I emphasized that if they were to get injured and couldn't play any longer, if they quit due to loss of interest or whatever, the school they are attending should be the school they want to stay at. Don't pick a school based solely on a sport. Playing sports may open doors to certain schools that were not previously considered but shouldn't be the sole determinant of choosing a school.
              I would add not to be tempted to use soccer to get your child into a better academic school than their academic abilities. Many also drop out or transfer because they can’t handle the academic rigor or they can only get a degree in basket weaving or something which won’t help them get a career after college.

Comment

Matt is a really good coach. He runs a good camp and he is looking for players. I’ve seen him around at many camps at large d-1 schools. He has s good reputation in the industry. He is at a smaller school right now but he is climbing the ranks quickly.
                Heard he has been fired from Huntingdon

Comment

Heard he has been fired from Huntingdon
                  Wow- when did this happen? They renewed his contract last year.

Comment

Yes .... His nickname is Gill the Thrill after midnight.
                    Oh my

Comment

Oh my
                      I’ve heard that- only on this site.

Comment

Yes .... His nickname is Gill the Thrill after midnight.
                        100% true this phrase but is unrelated to coaching.

He was being pressured out because amount of poor reviews and a lot of girls quitting. Apparently a lot of questionable tactics said to parents from players. A good salesman with getting kids but the environment apparently was “toxic” (whatever that may detail)
                        A shame too since that program looked so promising but behind the scenes.. just a Scrooge and cry baby if you ask me.

But looks like he’s now the assistant coach in Illinois with Tom Aganost and if you know about that story.... phew. So wasn’t fired I guess but was but was coming soon and found his way out

Comment

100% true this phrase but is unrelated to coaching.

He was being pressured out because amount of poor reviews and a lot of girls quitting. Apparently a lot of questionable tactics said to parents from players. A good salesman with getting kids but the environment apparently was “toxic” (whatever that may detail)
                          A shame too since that program looked so promising but behind the scenes.. just a Scrooge and cry baby if you ask me.

But looks like he’s now the assistant coach in Illinois with Tom Aganost and if you know about that story.... phew. So wasn’t fired I guess but was but was coming soon and found his way out
                          He actually wasn’t too great of a salesman. Nice guy on the surface. My daughter had a friend go there and she quit - your story holds true from her experience.

Comment

Yeah, he's an assistant at University of Illinois at Chicago. That's a hard gig. They've only had a soccer program for something like 5 years and any startup program, especially at the D1 level, is pretty tough. I hope Gill is a good recruiter. Recruiting in the Chicago area and throughout the Midwest is cutthroat.

So what is the story with Aganost?

Comment

Yeah, he's an assistant at University of Illinois at Chicago. That's a hard gig. They've only had a soccer program for something like 5 years and any startup program, especially at the D1 level, is pretty tough. I hope Gill is a good recruiter. Recruiting in the Chicago area and throughout the Midwest is cutthroat.

So what is the story with Aganost?
                              Gill was definitely one of the hardest working recruiters but if you oversell and under deliver- what he is famous for- your reputation follows you.

Comment

Gill was definitely one of the hardest working recruiters but if you oversell and under deliver- what he is famous for- your reputation follows you.
                                Great promotion to D1 assistant but great loss for the players left behind at Huntingdon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X