X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined forces

Jacksonville United and First Coast Soccer Association Join Forces

FCSA & JUFC have joined forces and created a binding partnership to attract and motivate the most talented youth soccer players in the Jacksonville metropolitan area. Jacksonville United FC (JUFC) will service the associations State Cup level cup teams while the First Coast KYX association will service all the Regional Cup level teams in competition. Both organizations have combined their resources to provide its members with the best coaches, facilities, trainers and the most advanced organizational and strategic planning available.
    Tryout Registration:
    Current FCSA player’s trying-out in the U13-U18 age groups will need go to your Blue Sombrero registration account and select one of the following levels you wish to participate in.
    · JUFC (State Cup Level) Ages: U13-U18
    · First Coast Kyx (Regional Cup Level) Ages: U13-U19
    · First Coast Academy Ages: U6-U12
    · Recreational Soccer Ages: U5-U18

For all players outside the club wishing to try-out please register here. https://clubs.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?tabid=84266
    Please note that volunteers along with the club director’s staff will be on hand to help assist each player in trying out for the appropriate level team they desire. The organization will also be conducting information meeting for its current members at scheduled times and for its new members on the night of the tryouts.
    Program Information:
    For more information about FCSA go to www.firstcoastsoccer.com. To find out more information about JUFC please visit the website at www.jacksonvilleunited.com.

When are the coaches going to be announced?

Comment

Just got this in my inbox.

Great, but I wonder why it took so long since the agreement was made last year in May?

I'm just happy that there are several great choices around the north florida area now for all the players.

Comment

How a club without rising U13 - U15 boys or girls teams gets U13 - U15 boys and girls team when needed, i.e., Florida Premier League club:

1. Solicit the soccer community, conduct trials and select players.
        2. Merge with a club that has its own rising U13 - U15 boys and girls teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          How a club without rising U13 - U15 boys or girls teams gets U13 - U15 boys and girls team when needed, i.e., Florida Premier League club:

1. Solicit the soccer community, conduct trials and select players.
          2. Merge with a club that has its own rising U13 - U15 boys and girls teams.
          You got it!
          Last edited by thebes20; 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Just got this in my inbox.

Great, but I wonder why it took so long since the agreement was made last year in May?

I'm just happy that there are several great choices around the north florida area now for all the players.
            Several choices, yes. Several "great" choices, no.

The FCSA/JUFC/KYX merger does'nt increase the number of choices: JUFC simply "swallowed" FCSA/KYX U13 - U18 boys and girls State Cup level teams.

Comment

When are the coaches going to be announced?
              And...

What will FCSA/KYX Region Cup level teams' costs and fees be?

What will JUFC State Cup level teams' costs and fees be?

Comment

Several choices, yes. Several "great" choices, no.

The FCSA/JUFC/KYX merger does'nt increase the number of choices: JUFC simply "swallowed" FCSA/KYX U13 - U18 boys and girls State Cup level teams.
                Completely agree with you.
                But because of this, it clarifies things a bit. I think the confusion and ugliness that has gone over at fcs has caused our other clubs to clarify their goals and visions and to bring in strong staffs.

We don't buy in to the "call it a great club and everyone will run there" philosophy. We believe great clubs are the result of many years of hard work, cooperation between clubs and teams, and ultimately mergers of players, talent and histories. The secret agreement that has lived in murky waters and is now finally out in the open has only lead to mistrust and confusion around north florida, and we would not consider rejoining the group that is running fcs/jufc. But our choices at other places are now better! With coach lists coming out, and players talking about where/what they are doing, it is all going to be okay.

Comment

what great choice

it`s just fcsa plus a couple hundred bucks for the same crap...why do you people want to throw your money and for that matter your kids away

Comment

Completely agree with you.
                    But because of this, it clarifies things a bit. I think the confusion and ugliness that has gone over at fcs has caused our other clubs to clarify their goals and visions and to bring in strong staffs.

We don't buy in to the "call it a great club and everyone will run there" philosophy. We believe great clubs are the result of many years of hard work, cooperation between clubs and teams, and ultimately mergers of players, talent and histories. The secret agreement that has lived in murky waters and is now finally out in the open has only lead to mistrust and confusion around north florida, and we would not consider rejoining the group that is running fcs/jufc. But our choices at other places are now better! With coach lists coming out, and players talking about where/what they are doing, it is all going to be okay.
                    Well, the ugliness came from JYS .... remember? We at FCSA just stick to what we started even if it means we have to tread through murky waters to get there. Never quit! We cleaned the cow poo off our boots and we are ready to rumble! However, I can't say the same for JYS. Boo hoo!

Comment

Well, the ugliness came from JYS .... remember? We at FCSA just stick to what we started even if it means we have to tread through murky waters to get there. Never quit! We cleaned the cow poo off our boots and we are ready to rumble! However, I can't say the same for JYS. Boo hoo!
                      I have to believe you are sincere in your understanding of the circumstances. You sound like a really nice person.

But the ugliness did not start with JYS, no matter what you have been told.

Good luck with the venture, and enjoy the alliance.

Comment

A "homeless" club can:

1. invest in land acquisition and development of facilities.
                        2. merge with a club which already has access to a well-developed facility.

par·a·site   /ˈpærəˌsaɪt/
                        [par-uh-sahyt]

–noun
                        1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

THE Brown-headed Cowbird is a stocky blackbird with a fascinating approach to raising its young. Females forgo building nests and instead put all their energy into producing eggs, sometimes more than three dozen a summer. These they lay in the nests of other birds, abandoning their young to foster parents, usually at the expense of at least some of the host’s own chicks. Once confined to the open grasslands of middle North America, cowbirds have surged in numbers and range as humans built towns and cleared woods.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Comment

Glad to see people know how to use online dictionaries. At least we now know how smart you are OR how smart you think you are.

Comment

A "homeless" club can:

1. invest in land acquisition and development of facilities.
                              2. merge with a club which already has access to a well-developed facility.

par·a·site   /ˈpærəˌsaɪt/
                              [par-uh-sahyt]

–noun
                              1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

THE Brown-headed Cowbird is a stocky blackbird with a fascinating approach to raising its young. Females forgo building nests and instead put all their energy into producing eggs, sometimes more than three dozen a summer. These they lay in the nests of other birds, abandoning their young to foster parents, usually at the expense of at least some of the host’s own chicks. Once confined to the open grasslands of middle North America, cowbirds have surged in numbers and range as humans built towns and cleared woods.
                              funniest thing i've seen on ts in some time. couldn't have been better said.

Comment

Working...
                              X