Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forekicks-Marlboro

Is anybody playing at the new Forekicks in Marlboro? My child plays on a club team up here in Central Mass and I have never been to the facility in Norfolk. How is it run down in Norfolk? Is it nice? Are the people friendly?

Re: Forekicks-Marlboro

Norfolk Forekicks is www.forekicks.com. Lots of info on their web site. Looking forward to the facility in Marlborough.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      Norfolk Forekicks is http://www.forekicks.com. Lots of info on their web site. Looking forward to the facility in Marlborough.

I saw the website. I also heard their prices are outrageous. Someone told me they charge like $1500 a session??????

Comment

And club parents will pay without thinking twice about.

Comment

And club parents will pay without thinking twice about.
          Sounds like a place not for your local town team?

Comment

I saw the website. I also heard their prices are outrageous. Someone told me they charge like $1500 a session??????
            Sounds like a place not for your local town team?
            And do you have a suggestion for where local town teams might go?!

Enough already! Please give yourself a rest!

Comment

It sounds nice. It will just be really interesting how much the Central Mass club teams that go there get along with the staff, seeing as it is mostly New England Eagles coaches.

Comment

It sounds nice. It will just be really interesting how much the Central Mass club teams that go there get along with the staff, seeing as it is mostly New England Eagles coaches.
                Why is this "interesting"? Coaches from different clubs play in Norfolk.

Comment

Know Forekicks in Norfolk very well. I've been involved with several other facilities and it is the best run around. Place is clean and well maintained. My experience has been that they do what they say they are going to do and they don't have anywhere near the god complex some of the other facilities in the area have. That said, they are not exactly the most personable group and if there is a nickle on the table, rest assured that they will demand it be a dime.

Comment

I coach for CRU. I've used Norfolk over the past several years to enhance training with a weekly indoor league game.

I started there to get away from boarded soccer as much as possible. Typically get 2/3 of the games on the fields with no boards.

A bit pricey but you must factor in that you are playing 11 weeks + with playoffs. I believe that the price has been about $800.00 for 6v6. I believe that the $1500.00 fee is for 9v9 on the two turf fields opened to provide a larger playing area. The 9v9 also seemed to get fewer games.

We have always played in divisions of both "town" and "club" teams and as we got older there were teams of high school players as well.

The Forekicks support and referees have been very good. I'm looking forward to continuing at Marlborough.

ei8htyeight

Comment

Great topic!

BTW, I'm watching the Island Soccer League (ISL) All-Star game from Bermuda on FSC. They play a 6v6 games very similar to what Forekicks provides in Norfolk. I am finding if a very entertaining game.

I bet Forekick's Marlborough facility will do very well. Although I'd love to play for free I do not think that the pricing is so bad. After all "town" and club teams have been playing $500.00 + to play in tournaments that offer only three or four games.

Comment

That said, they are not exactly the most personable group and if there is a nickle on the table, rest assured that they will demand it be a dime.
                        thats probably one reason they are still in business, and its a tough business, so good for them for making it work.

Comment

I coach for CRU. I've used Norfolk over the past several years to enhance training with a weekly indoor league game.

I started there to get away from boarded soccer as much as possible. Typically get 2/3 of the games on the fields with no boards.

A bit pricey but you must factor in that you are playing 11 weeks + with playoffs. I believe that the price has been about $800.00 for 6v6. I believe that the $1500.00 fee is for 9v9 on the two turf fields opened to provide a larger playing area. The 9v9 also seemed to get fewer games.

We have always played in divisions of both "town" and "club" teams and as we got older there were teams of high school players as well.

The Forekicks support and referees have been very good. I'm looking forward to continuing at Marlborough.

ei8htyeight
                          How come everyhing I have been told is it costs $1,500 for 6 vs 6 and $1,800 for 10 vs. 10 which when I look on their website is on a square field? What's the point of playing on that? Can anyone from MPS confirm what is going on in Bellingham? If that is built, forget Norfolk, BCL will be the place to be!!!!!

Comment

I stand corrected. It si closer to $1500.00. I found a confirmation from two falls ago.

Subj: Order Confirmation
                            Date: 10/1/2006 9:32:34 AM Eastern Standard Time

To: crupanther@cs.com

Received from Internet: click here for more information

Thank you for your payment!

Merchant: Fore Kicks Sports Complex
                            Order ID: VLCA0BF88FE4
                            Order Placed: Sunday, October 1, 2006 6:31:51 AM PDT
                            Amount of Transaction: $1,345.00
                            Payment Type: Visa

BILL TO
                            --------

Comment

I stand corrected. It si closer to $1500.00. I found a confirmation from two falls ago.

Subj: Order Confirmation
                              Date: 10/1/2006 9:32:34 AM Eastern Standard Time

To: crupanther@cs.com

Received from Internet: click here for more information

Thank you for your payment!

Merchant: Fore Kicks Sports Complex
                              Order ID: VLCA0BF88FE4
                              Order Placed: Sunday, October 1, 2006 6:31:51 AM PDT
                              Amount of Transaction: $1,345.00
                              Payment Type: Visa

BILL TO
                              --------
                              OUCH!!!!! Thanks, but I think I will just rent out a local town gym and have my kids practice futsal. That is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X