GPS Dissolving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t have a player with GPS so no skin in the game, but there are worse dead ends; look at many of the clubs in the NSL...

Comment

My daughter's friend plays for GPS. We were at a birthday party and her parents were asking me if they should leave GPS now before there is a mad dash for the door and the remaining open roster spots at other clubs are taken for the year. I don't know what to tell her. I just told her from my perspective things are looking bleaker now more than ever at GPS.

Comment

One of my good friends at GPS , the one with the English accent and horrible teeth told me the raid was real.

Seemed like a fact finding raid with more information to come out in the coming months, years... those who signed up this year should be ok.... should.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          One of my good friends at GPS , the one with the English accent and horrible teeth told me the raid was real.

Seemed like a fact finding raid with more information to come out in the coming months, years... those who signed up this year should be ok.... should.
          English accent and horrible teeth? Really narrowing it down there buddy.

Comment

No kidding. That describes about 80% of their staff. I'd add foul breath to the list as well. It does seem that the talk about the ICE raid has legs though. I've heard from a surprising number of people. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Comment

No kidding. That describes about 80% of their staff. I'd add foul breath to the list as well. It does seem that the talk about the ICE raid has legs though. I've heard from a surprising number of people. Where there's smoke there's fire.
              After 11/15, there will be a big demand for daddy coaches.

Comment

Though many of us wish it would. GPS is going nowhere fast.
                This is such a strange comment to me... "Though many of us wish it would. GPS is going nowhere fast". I believe that this is your view, but please explain why this would be the case. Clearly, you don't have a player with GPS. Cool. So, why would you care so much about where other players play or what their clubs are like? Why the vested interest? We have had good luck with GPS, but at the end of the day if GPS falters and another club takes hold of my child's area/club, that would be ok too. That other club would also probably annoy me at times too (as they all can). The haters on this board are too much. STARS stink. Revs stink. NEFC stinks. XYZ Director is a fraud. XYZ College or College Coach is a criminal. And on and on we go. I wonder sometimes if this board isn't stacked with coaches/directors of clubs and only scattered parents here and there. Many of you seem way too overly invested in CHILDREN'S soccer programs. Get a hobby.

Comment

This is such a strange comment to me... "Though many of us wish it would. GPS is going nowhere fast". I believe that this is your view, but please explain why this would be the case. Clearly, you don't have a player with GPS. Cool. So, why would you care so much about where other players play or what their clubs are like? Why the vested interest? We have had good luck with GPS, but at the end of the day if GPS falters and another club takes hold of my child's area/club, that would be ok too. That other club would also probably annoy me at times too (as they all can). The haters on this board are too much. STARS stink. Revs stink. NEFC stinks. XYZ Director is a fraud. XYZ College or College Coach is a criminal. And on and on we go. I wonder sometimes if this board isn't stacked with coaches/directors of clubs and only scattered parents here and there. Many of you seem way too overly invested in CHILDREN'S soccer programs. Get a hobby.
                  My club *** pays me a full time salary to comment on this forum. Please leave me alone and let me do my job.

Comment

The anti-GPS posts have to come from other clubs' leadership. Makes no sense otherwise.

Think about it...

Say GPS players were good. Then parents on other teams wouldn't want extra talent out and about in fear Mia will lose her place.

Say GPS players were bad. Then parents on other teams could care less what happens to them as it doesn't affect them.

Do GPS parents really want their club to be disbanded so Mia needs to go find a place to play? Not likely.

Does GPS directly want so much bad press? Not likely.

The only ones who gain from the negative press initiative are other clubs. That puts thousands of players in the market, and their competition would LOVE to build more secondary and tertiary teams to put their players on. They get all the tuition fees.

Follow the money. Always follow the money.

Comment

The anti-GPS posts have to come from other clubs' leadership. Makes no sense otherwise.

Think about it...

Say GPS players were good. Then parents on other teams wouldn't want extra talent out and about in fear Mia will lose her place.

Say GPS players were bad. Then parents on other teams could care less what happens to them as it doesn't affect them.

Do GPS parents really want their club to be disbanded so Mia needs to go find a place to play? Not likely.

The only ones who gain from the negative press initiative are other clubs. That puts thousands of players in the market, and their competition would LOVE to build more secondary and tertiary teams to put their players on. They get all the tuition fees.

===
                      Do you really think thousands of kids will leave GPS based on nonsense chatter on this forum!

Comment

===
                        Do you really think thousands of kids will leave GPS based on nonsense chatter on this forum!
                        Do I think that will happen? No, I surely hope not.

Do I think that why there is all this activity, in the hope they do? Yes, absolutely.

Comment

Think about it...

Agreed. Many of the posts in this thread have to be from competing clubs. Sounds pretty desperate to me. And then you get these posts (such as #19 in this thread) who claim to be sooooo concerned and worried about the poor children and families? Awwww.... That's so cute. You are just so empathetic to others, aren't you? Please... just go away and worry about your own club.

Comment

===
                            I just called my CC and put on a hold on any future charges. I'll wait until 11/15 to see how this plays out. I'm not scared, just cautious.

Comment

I just called my CC and put on a hold on any future charges. I'll wait until 11/15 to see how this plays out. I'm not scared, just cautious.
                              So you are holding off payment of a signed contract due to anonymous commentary from the Internet? Really?

Comment

I just heard there is going to be a bank holiday next month. Trump's next plan to pump the economy again. Nobody needs to make your November mortgage payment.

Go for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X