• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some of the bigger programs cut club soccer players
    NPL Level Players on our HS JV team

Comment

Ecnl ,sit the bench mostly for our Npl high school players.

Comment

Ecnl ,sit the bench mostly for our Npl high school players.
        Actually have seen this happen. I recall Natick having multiple ecnl level players a couple years ago coached by the beloved James Blackwell. They did ok. Club coaches can screw it up also. Norwell high last year had an all American that now starts at Providence and another commit to Wake Forest. My point is that NPL level teams don’t typically have the top talent of some of the better teams in high school across the state. Hard to make the comparison with club soccer due to the large swings of talent. The better teams with high level talent would be bottom of ecnl. Majority of teams nep level of play.

Comment

Actually have seen this happen. I recall Natick having multiple ecnl level players a couple years ago coached by the beloved James Blackwell. They did ok. Club coaches can screw it up also. Norwell high last year had an all American that now starts at Providence and another commit to Wake Forest. My point is that NPL level teams don’t typically have the top talent of some of the better teams in high school across the state. Hard to make the comparison with club soccer due to the large swings of talent. The better teams with high level talent would be bottom of ecnl. Majority of teams nep level of play.
          Good point about HS having greater diversity from all-americans to pretty raw players. Club is more consistent, but top HS teams are very good. Top = 5 maybe 6 teams

Comment

Our HS coach benches Ecnl player cuz the town rec & low level club players can’t find space to receive a pass from her. It’s ridiculous. We havent scored in 4 games. Can’t wait for club season to come

Comment

Good point about HS having greater diversity from all-americans to pretty raw players. Club is more consistent, but top HS teams are very good. Top = 5 maybe 6 teams
              Definitely more consistent in club. I have seen in some cases where HS will get the athletes that play other sports 1st. There’s a kid at Wachusett, KS , that is one of the best forwards in the area. Going to play baseball in college. Never has stepped on a club field. Yes plenty of terrible teams/coaches out there, but some of the top schools will get really strong athletes from other sports that the clubs never see. Technically raw but athletically can hang with most club kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X