Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't see any need to disguise posts. That's a BTNT tactic, replete with fake names, fake accounts, false narratives.
    Sorry my bad... I was agreeing with you, meant "he" not "you"...

Comment

I don't see any need to disguise posts. That's a BTNT tactic, replete with fake names, fake accounts, false narratives.
      That is not BTNT and the OP knows it. This is THEIR modus operandi. They start all of these stupid threads and then by page 2 they are blaming everything on BTNT and then proceed to bash away at him for pages upon pages.

Comment

That is not BTNT and the OP knows it. This is THEIR modus operandi. They start all of these stupid threads and then by page 2 they are blaming everything on BTNT and then proceed to bash away at him for pages upon pages.
        LOL. Do you find it odd that everytime someone writes something like the above that BTNT is posting on 3 or 4 different threads at the very same time. Remarkable, lotteryesque coincidences. No one else is so talented and creative as him to keep coming up with scenarios almost no one else would dream up....like U10 STEM future-neurosurgeons.

Comment

I'm taking this question on because I hear a variation of this sentiment too often on the sidelines, at school, among friends. Your daughter is still very young. Her interests will change or strengthen with exposure to new things, and that's a good thing. Balance is important. The arts and humanities are just as important as the STEM subjects. I know a music major who became a doctor. I know a pre-med bio major who became an elementary school teacher. Kids who love soccer at 10 may discover a love for field hockey or swimming, who knows. At this age, don't limit, expand and allow them to explore. Let them choose their future and be there to support it.
          Such common sense parenting isn't allowed here.

Comment

All, My child is almost 2 and can already eat solid foods. She loves soccer and the Coney Island Hot Dog Contest. Should I plan on her being a 2 sport athlete or should she stick to eating contests as we project that to be an NCAA sport by the time she is 18.

Comment

What does BTNT stand for?

Comment

What does BTNT stand for?
                The usual translation is narcissistic DB.

Comment

I think this is a really good question (I get his kid is pretty young but whatever). I have a U16 daughter thinking about engineering and op is right. Other than the tech schools, you don’t see many soccer players majoring in engineering (haven’t looked at science, premed, etc). Is it too much to play d1 soccer and major in stem? Anyone have any idea?

Comment

I think this is a really good question (I get his kid is pretty young but whatever). I have a U16 daughter thinking about engineering and op is right. Other than the tech schools, you don’t see many soccer players majoring in engineering (haven’t looked at science, premed, etc). Is it too much to play d1 soccer and major in stem? Anyone have any idea?
                    Yeah, it depends on the kid. Premed, successful premed, is very difficult regardless.

Comment

According to one notorious poster D1 actually is easier for med school than D3....24/7 academic support with special tutors and accommodations, a med school guarantee along with the scholarship package, and a strategy involving taking all premed courses during the summer at a community college. So yeah, go for it.

Comment

I would not recommend it but again it depends on the kid. If she has her heart set on both and is extremely disciplined and is science and math wizard, maybe she could handle it all well.

Comment

My D is a stem major, a junior, and not at a tech school but one with a good engineering program. She has 8 other teammates who are also in engineering related majors and a few in biotech. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline but it can absolutely be done.

Comment

According to one notorious poster D1 actually is easier for med school than D3....24/7 academic support with special tutors and accommodations, a med school guarantee along with the scholarship package, and a strategy involving taking all premed courses during the summer at a community college. So yeah, go for it.
                            If you have never been involved at the D1 how would you ever know what is available on the pre-med route for a properly motivated, highly successful D1 student athlete. You seem bitter that your kid didn't have the options that other kids clearly do.

Comment

If you have never been involved at the D1 how would you ever know what is available on the pre-med route for a properly motivated, highly successful D1 student athlete. You seem bitter that your kid didn't have the options that other kids clearly do.
                              You seem bitter that people would ask questions and consider a route or choose options other then what your kid did or would do. Who is the bitter one?

Comment

Yeah, it depends on the kid. Premed, successful premed, is very difficult regardless.
                                Not to get into the whole D1 vs D3 debate, but there are many top D3 schools that are great for STEM programs and for the student athlete. It can be done D1, but much harder to pull off

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X