Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regional ECNL aka use to be northeast NPL

What is the draw of the newly created ECNL REGIONAL teams?

I thought they were originally sold as playing more locally. As Stars 3rd and 4th teams at each age group they are still traveling out of state frequently and as far as Maryland. What is the advantage of being on one of these teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the draw of the newly created ECNL REGIONAL teams?

I thought they were originally sold as playing more locally. As Stars 3rd and 4th teams at each age group they are still traveling out of state frequently and as far as Maryland. What is the advantage of being on one of these teams?
    It's literally the same league with a different name. Nothing to see here.

Comment

It's literally the same league with a different name. Nothing to see here.
      League maybe but not the level of play. The Northeast NPL WAS their 2nd ranked teams. These current year teams would essentially be what their United(3rd) and Athletic(4th) teams were just two years ago.

Comment

League maybe but not the level of play. The Northeast NPL WAS their 2nd ranked teams. These current year teams would essentially be what their United(3rd) and Athletic(4th) teams were just two years ago.
        No... Stars has had 2 ECNL teams in every age group since they left GDA. The 3rd team has been in NE NPL since then (and I believe they finished top 3 in pretty much every age group last year, but I'm not positive). The addition of a second team in ECNLR is new this year, however, Stars is pretty deep at most age groups--like 10 or 11 teams per age group for U12 and below.

Comment

Are both Stars ECNL teams equal? I don't mean which one perfoms better, i mean in the way Stars sells it. As in, are they both A teams and the new regional teams are B teams? Or are they truly A, B, C, and D?

Comment

Are both Stars ECNL teams equal? I don't mean which one perfoms better, i mean in the way Stars sells it. As in, are they both A teams and the new regional teams are B teams? Or are they truly A, B, C, and D?
            Conflicting stories. I was under the impression there was an A and a B. Some felt they were equal. Some felt they were not.

And, also, was under the impression C feeds A, and D feeds B. And are talented accordingly.

AmIright?

Comment

Blue #1 and White #2

Comment

No... Stars has had 2 ECNL teams in every age group since they left GDA. The 3rd team has been in NE NPL since then (and I believe they finished top 3 in pretty much every age group last year, but I'm not positive). The addition of a second team in ECNLR is new this year, however, Stars is pretty deep at most age groups--like 10 or 11 teams per age group for U12 and below.
                Ok but that's silly. Last year is the first year since they left GDA. Their second ECNL teams were what used to be their NPL. Etc etc. Don't make it sound like these are brand new teams with all new kids and a higher level of play. Just not true.

Comment

Conflicting stories. I was under the impression there was an A and a B. Some felt they were equal. Some felt they were not.

And, also, was under the impression C feeds A, and D feeds B. And are talented accordingly.

AmIright?
                  They play in the same division and in all of the same showcases, but Blue is considered the "better" team. Last year, in some age groups, they were very close in the standings--1st and 3rd, 3rd and 5th, etc. Others, there was a bigger difference. Like any other club, it varies by age group.

Comment

Ok but that's silly. Last year is the first year since they left GDA. Their second ECNL teams were what used to be their NPL. Etc etc. Don't make it sound like these are brand new teams with all new kids and a higher level of play. Just not true.
                    ECNL gets a percentage for the brand. Who owns the brand is the question. They realized with DA there was a desire to pay for “top” team. They doubled their “elite” teams and must have doubled earnings and this year well.... it’s looking good.

Comment

Depends on the age group. Other than a couple of the older age groups, both the Blue and White ECNL teams were in the top half of the division. They seem to be keeping the level of play as high as the rest of the league. Similar situation with PDA.

Comment

For the most part, their GDA and ECNL teams ended up forming the 2 current ECNL teams (because... math) and the NPL teams remained similar to what they were. Of course, there is always movement between teams and kids coming in from outside of the club...

If your kid doesn't play at Stars, I'm not sure why you are so worried about it.

Comment

If your kid doesn't play at Stars, I'm not sure why you are so worried about it.

Maybe they are thinking about it?

Comment

2016 ECNL - NPL
                            2017 +GDA - ECNL - NPL
                            2018 ECNL east - ECNL west - NPL
                            2019 ECNL blue - ECNL white - RECNL 1 + RECNL 2

Over the past three years doubled their elite teams and eliminated paying league fees to GDA, and NPL. And they opened and expanded their own facility. Well played

Comment

Yes and no, some Npl kids and many new kids from outside the club. The ECNL teams of last year were absolutely better than the old npl teams. Level of play was higher. We can argue that the level of play is not that great to begin with but the teams are better. In some cases the 2nd ecnl performed very well and were competitive in league play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X