Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We were one of those Westchester families that left a good situation at NYSC, for a much better one at WCFC. My daughter made the jump at u15, so the post above has some validity, but it should in no way be the deciding factor. If I were you, just go check-out WCFC, and see if you like the atmosphere better, as at younger ages its more important. However at u14 and above, you would be nuts to stay at NYSC. NYCFC/World Class ECNL will be the club of choice for many years to come....
    and just remember that most of the players at NYCFC/WC are from North NJ, and Rockland county, and they have some tough and skilled players, much tougher than LI.

Comment

and just remember that most of the players at NYCFC/WC are from North NJ, and Rockland county, and they have some tough and skilled players, much tougher than LI.
      Westchester is not on LI.

Comment

Westchester is not on LI.
        some crazy people actually travel from Westchester to LI to train and play, ugh....

Comment

If you are moving to Rye go to FC Westchester. Club's U17s just made the DA playoffs. Coaching staff is very good.
          There are more players from NYC & Westchester playing for Worldclass than there are players from Rockland County and NJ & NYC playing for NYSC. For those from Westchester and So. Conn NYSC make sense until it doesn't.

Comment

some crazy people actually travel from Westchester to LI to train and play, ugh....
            Double ugh. that sounds horrible but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Comment

All I know is that world Class FC looks like they have the best teams at the 09, 08, 07, 06 and 05 ages for next year. The 07 and 09 group had some huge pick ups at tryouts this year. Making a roster in any of those age groups will require a player to be quite good

Comment

All I know is that world Class FC looks like they have the best teams at the 09, 08, 07, 06 and 05 ages for next year. The 07 and 09 group had some huge pick ups at tryouts this year. Making a roster in any of those age groups will require a player to be quite good
                And when you get to the older ages you’ll get Kaz and ossie as coaches and it’s downhill from there

Have fun

Good luck you’ll need it

Comment

Club decisions

Thank you all.

So much club animosity out there it seems, sounds like a good rivalry but all these players are brothers and sisters in the same cause right?

We have a saying at home....

Wat goed voor me is, is goed voor jou

It essentially means what solves my problems will solve yours as well. We're in this together and for the benefit of us all.

Deze site heeft zelfbedienende bijdragers

After speaking to NYSC, we'll be going there as a family. Thank you for all the words of wisdom.

Comment

And when you get to the older ages you’ll get Kaz and ossie as coaches and it’s downhill from there

Have fun

Good luck you’ll need it
                    Yep so my older daughter just graduated from a pretty decent D1 school debt free( cost me 0, by the way) and on her way back to start graduate school where she will be the assistant coach, and will not have to pay a penny towards her graduate degree. Thanks Kaz. My daughter’s “Downhill” journey from the moment she stepped on your field has been fantastic. Daughter #2 is coming through the ranks now

Comment

Thank you all.

So much club animosity out there it seems, sounds like a good rivalry but all these players are brothers and sisters in the same cause right?

It essentially means what solves my problems will solve yours as well. We're in this together and for the benefit of us all.

After speaking to NYSC, we'll be going there as a family. Thank you for all the words of wisdom.
                      Good luck to you and your family.

Comment

Yep so my older daughter just graduated from a pretty decent D1 school debt free( cost me 0, by the way) and on her way back to start graduate school where she will be the assistant coach, and will not have to pay a penny towards her graduate degree. Thanks Kaz. My daughter’s “Downhill” journey from the moment she stepped on your field has been fantastic. Daughter #2 is coming through the ranks now
                        Congrats but what about players with higher academic ambitions then "pretty decent"?

Comment

Yes. What exactly is pretty decent. Above average? 50 on a list of 100? What school?

Comment

Thank you all.

Nu komt de aap uit de mouw

Comment

Thank you all.

Best of luck. Yes, there is much animosity. Unfortunately mostly from parents who feel their kids have been slighted, cut, not made a team, or not gotten playing time. Or because they are just trolls on a bulletin board. They ignore that no single choice that is right for every kid and especially not for every family when multiple kids are involved.

Comment

Best of luck. Yes, there is much animosity. Unfortunately mostly from parents who feel their kids have been slighted, cut, not made a team, or not gotten playing time. Or because they are just trolls on a bulletin board. They ignore that no single choice that is right for every kid and especially not for every family when multiple kids are involved.
                                Don't forget the parents who think theirs, and their kids', shlt don't stink and have to pontificate how wonderful they and their club is while crapping on everyone else.

That's actually a major majority of the posts on here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X