Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does every single member of the WNT and MNT played HS? Can US soccer answer this? or are they just trying to sell there own BS brand of soccer?
    For the WNT, because there wasn't an alternative for them until recently

For the MNT, the next wave of players aren't consistent HS players.

Comment

when us soccer has funded academies for girls like the boys - then they can forbid the girls to participate in school sports. until then - no thanks

Comment

when us soccer has funded academies for girls like the boys - then they can forbid the girls to participate in school sports. until then - no thanks
        You get what you put into it.

Comment

You get what you put into it.
          not at the clubs available near me - gda included. maybe there are some locations where that is the case.

Comment

Long Island SC GDa

well the DA has been in existence for the men for 12 years now....So why do the current members have HS experience?

Now look at Rose Lavelle for the woman (think shes the youngest player for the WNT and could have been gda if she chose to since it was available). She played HS and played with her local Club through HS...The only difference between her and the other million plus girls currently playing is that growing up Rose was always ready to play no matter, who, what, when or where. she was always ready for a pick up game anywhere, anytime, against boys, girls, she (or her parents did not care about what levels or leagues) Rose Played!!!!! Her parents (or other parents of NT members) were definitely not on TS saying "my kid is better than yours" or "our league is better than yours"

They put the work in and achieved their goals....No BS.

Comment

well the DA has been in existence for the men for 12 years now....So why do the current members have HS experience?

Now look at Rose Lavelle for the woman (think shes the youngest player for the WNT and could have been gda if she chose to since it was available). She played HS and played with her local Club through HS...The only difference between her and the other million plus girls currently playing is that growing up Rose was always ready to play no matter, who, what, when or where. she was always ready for a pick up game anywhere, anytime, against boys, girls, she (or her parents did not care about what levels or leagues) Rose Played!!!!! Her parents (or other parents of NT members) were definitely not on TS saying "my kid is better than yours" or "our league is better than yours"

They put the work in and achieved their goals....No BS.
              MNT roster is very scant on HS players that aren't part of the old guard, and getting moreso.

GDA is in it's 3rd year. Lavalle is 24, graduated from HS after GDA started. In addition, even if she was at the tail end of her HS career, she likely wouldn't have stopped after being in it for already.

As for Rose and her playing...you are off on a tangent now. I for one am not saying my kid is better than anyone else, or that GDA is the best league (I personally think overall ECNL is a bit better). But, what does your replay have to do with anything I said?

Comment

I hate this arguement, it's quite tiring and ignorant. Do your research MOST of the WNT played HS AND CLUB BALL.

Morons on this site.

Comment

I hate this arguement, it's quite tiring and ignorant. Do your research MOST of the WNT played HS AND CLUB BALL.

Morons on this site.
                  That's because there was no GDA ya ding dong

Comment

Morons on this site.
                    Of course, chucklefvck. There wasn't a club conflict when they were in HS.

Keep up.

Comment

So then stop using the excuse morons. The idiocy.

Comment

So then stop using the excuse morons. The idiocy.
                        Not sure what you are getting at, simpleton. When someone tries to say "well the WMNT doesn't have any DA players" to try to make a point, it's a false argument because the league wasn't in existence.

It's like saying the British didn't use tanks in the Revolutionary War.

Comment

What did exist was the ecnl. Remember how ecnl used to go on and on and on about how many ecnl were on this NT or that NT? Just like the gda does now. Nothing changes except the letters on these leagues. Soon enough, another one will come along. The leagues come and go but loads of players will always be playing HS.

Comment

Long Island SC GDa

Morons on this site.
                            Agreed and fyi, for the last 25+ years the US Woman have dominated the womans game....they all played HS.....Now US soccer is starting there own brand (GDA) and they say HS is no good?

Sounds like biased and fake news to me.

Comment

Agreed and fyi, for the last 25+ years the US Woman have dominated the womans game....they all played HS.....Now US soccer is starting there own brand (GDA) and they say HS is no good?

Sounds like biased and fake news to me.
                              When it comes to the first team, us soccer gets its players from college or pro leagues , domestic and abroad. They could give a crap what the kid did at 15 if the player is who they want. And none of your players will be on the first team. Ever. Sorry.

Comment

When it comes to the first team, us soccer gets its players from college or pro leagues , domestic and abroad. They could give a crap what the kid did at 15 if the player is who they want. And none of your players will be on the first team. Ever. Sorry.
                                Recently suspended player looking for a roster spot. Will take spot #25

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X