Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03g

Can you hear the train coming down the tracks?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can you hear the train coming down the tracks?
    I can’t hear those tracks in Hillsboro. It’s too far away for me

Comment

I can’t hear those tracks in Hillsboro. It’s too far away for me
      That team is playing 02.

Comment

That team is playing 02.
        Can they play 02 in oysa league and then play 03 for state cup?

Comment

Why couldn’t they? If it is a 2003 age group team it shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Comment

Why couldn’t they? If it is a 2003 age group team it shouldn’t be a problem at all.
            I don't know. Maybe there is a rule that you have to play State Cup in the same age group you played league in. Why don't top teams do this more often if there's no problem dropping back down for State Cup? Smart to get better competition all league and then drop down for State Cup.

Comment

I don't know. Maybe there is a rule that you have to play State Cup in the same age group you played league in. Why don't top teams do this more often if there's no problem dropping back down for State Cup? Smart to get better competition all league and then drop down for State Cup.
              Westside boys 01 and 02 are doing the same thing.

Comment

Been done many times in the past. Not a problem.

Comment

Smart way to go about it.

Comment

TE's Salmon Crk girls aren't from Oregon and don't even play in OYSA (or any other Oregon league) and they play in State Cup, so my guess is you can do whatever you want.

Comment

Wish our team did that. Our club might be more concerned with league wins than development.

Comment

Wish our team did that. Our club might be more concerned with league wins than development.
                        For the very top team or two in an age group, playing them in an older age group league can be beneficial. For many teams, it can also backfire quickly. Every situation is different.

Comment

TE's Salmon Crk girls aren't from Oregon and don't even play in OYSA (or any other Oregon league) and they play in State Cup, so my guess is you can do whatever you want.
                          As long as you play in a US Youth Soccer qualifying league you're good. Doesn't matter which league or age group. Lot's of Vantucky teams play in OYSA and then WA State Cup, or WA Presidents Cup, which is about the same level as Oregon State Cup.

Comment

As long as you play in a US Youth Soccer qualifying league you're good. Doesn't matter which league or age group. Lot's of Vantucky teams play in OYSA and then WA State Cup, or WA Presidents Cup, which is about the same level as Oregon State Cup.
                            'Soccer without Borders'..Only in Oregon would this work. Thanks Portlandia for keeping us weird and out of step with our nation.

Comment

For many Oregon teams.......

Playing in the Oregon State Cup is equivalent to Presidents Cup in Washington

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X