Rush Making Move Into RI!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like RUSH fielding a whopping 5 teams this year.

Comment

Who cares

Comment

The Rush are having a little trouble with Connecticut town teams this weekend. The moves they're making right now mostly involve getting the ball out of the back of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Right. That's why this fall they'll field 8 teams in their first full season this Fall. By Fall 2017, they'll likely be at 15-20 teams... they have a great DoC now, so as long as they can put out a quality product, they'll continue to grow.
          So much for 15-20 teams. They have not been able to attract players or teams as they spider web their way across the state. Crap teams filled with town players and cast offs from other teams. The 6 teams that they have managed to scrape together are garbage, not one good team in the bunch.

Comment

JD's motto is to make money without being there. That is all this program is, just like ESPA.
            He is setting up anyone with a pulse all over Rhode Island and SE Mass. send in the checks boys. Who wants to run a clinic or 3v3 Tournament for me???

Comment

Rush:

1st year will have short numbers on rosters. The coaching staff will be weak. JD is a nice guy but as a coach is lower end of the spectrum. JD is a dreamer not a doer.
              I am rooting for Joe. He was always good to my kid. Not the best coach but a good guy who tries hard. What more can you ask.

Comment

Anyone who follows JD to a club just for JD is silly. Nice enough guy, but he will not stick in one place for more than 2 years. Total mercenary. Would never want to be on a Guinea pig team of a brand new club. Too risky all around.
                He will have a difficult time in Rhode Island. He has bounced around too many times and this is just another venture.

Comment

I thought BF was the DOC? It appears the DOC's performance at NEFC was sub par and not even mentioned on his Bio that Rush emailed out. I see a lot of staff with backward or lateral movement and none who changed to move up in their career. Looks to me like the coaches and staff are of the grass is greener crowd. 8 teams in 2 year combined age groups so 1/2 a team each birth year. The emails are still coming stating open slots on all teams from what I can tell. They haven't even filled out a roster. No matter how you look at it these teams will have too much depth to them. You are going to have your strongest higher age player on the same team with your weakest lower age player. Peer that with the need for cash to keep the lights on and you will have kids who should be practice players as starters. I give the families credit for being thick skinned enough to give this a shot. Add to all the usual issues of starting a new program the fact that the President is an out of shape former town coach and it all adds up to a rough year. We could use a few stronger clubs in the area to raise the bar all around so lets hope this turns around quickly. I just get the feeling the under on this one is 2 years. What I post here will not determine their fate. How long Rush wants to put up with non-development of a state will determine their fate. If they make it 2 years the club will surely look nothing like it does now with a complete turn of staff and players is my guess.
                  They have now been in existence for two years and what do we have? Shaky DOC, disappearing owner and multi age teams who struggle to compete in a B league. This club is not long for the dustbin. What appeal does this club have for any serious soccer player? Really weak staff, weak teams and no home of their own. I would love to hear their sales pitch.

Comment

They have now been in existence for two years and what do we have? Shaky DOC, disappearing owner and multi age teams who struggle to compete in a B league. This club is not long for the dustbin. What appeal does this club have for any serious soccer player? Really weak staff, weak teams and no home of their own. I would love to hear their sales pitch.
                    This club is perfect for the first time club player who doesn’t know what a strong club is. They are just eager to play “premier” for the first time, and the sales pitch is a bunch of bouquets tossed at their kid. The other target are those who get cut from a better club’s top team and they can’t deal with the idea of being on a “second” team even if it’s a stronger team, with better coach than the Rush “top” team.

Comment

Run away from this club! Coaches are awful and teams are not competitive. Complete waste of time and money.

Comment

Joe D is still trying to build a program that runs without him doing anything. He still hasn't figured out that you have to put the time in when building a program. Hiring lackeys especially ones that don't know what they are doing is not the way to build an empire. Parents are already figuring it out.

Comment

Joe D is still trying to build a program that runs without him doing anything. He still hasn't figured out that you have to put the time in when building a program. Hiring lackeys especially ones that don't know what they are doing is not the way to build an empire. Parents are already figuring it out.
                          RI Rush was doomed before it started.

Comment

RI Rush was doomed before it started.
                            Seems like they rushed it, no?

Comment

Seems like they rushed it, no?
                              Seems like there was no demand for it.

Comment

Seems like there was no demand for it.
                                I'll be damned if it's deemed there is no demand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X