Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are they being congratulated for? What’s so impressive about this list? Most everyone’s kids go to college these days. Are we just supposed to politely applaud them crossing the finish line? If that’s the case you’ve left a heck of a lot of kids off this list. Who on this list has accomplished something more than the masses of other high school graduates this coming spring. I’m sure that there are a few on this list that have so why aren’t they the focus? If you really want to congratulate someone why not congratulate someone who has actually done something?
    You are one of the nastiest people I've encountered in soccer. Sadly your nastiness prevents me from having any sympathy for whatever psychic injury caused so much pain to you that it drives you to lash out at others and continually put them down for years and years. Paul, look, it's clearly not working. Find another way to make yourself feel better about yourself.

Comment

You are one of the nastiest people I've encountered in soccer. Sadly your nastiness prevents me from having any sympathy for whatever psychic injury caused so much pain to you that it drives you to lash out at others and continually put them down for years and years. Paul, look, it's clearly not working. Find another way to make yourself feel better about yourself.
      therapy would be a good place for him to start. His family probably needs some too. Imagine what they suffer?

Comment

Interesting how some want to project illness on others and yet fail to see the glaring symptoms in their own actions. So tell us all, what exactly is this thread applauding, an accomplishment or merely crossing the finish line? If it’s just about crossing the finish line then shouldn’t the rosters of every active U18 team in the state be posted here along with where each kid is going? The lie behind threads like this is they don’t actually serve the families invoked with club soccer at all. It’s just feeding the delusion that club soccer has some special benefit and what that does is just feed the cash registers of the clubs.

Comment

Paul, you are not anonymous, you are universally reviled and viewed as pathetic. On some level that has to register. Stop. Just stop.

Comment

Go back and reread your thread from the beginning. The discussion hasn’t changed at all. You want to make a big deal out of ISL kids landing at some NESCAC and others pointing out that on a soccer forum that doesn’t impress all that much because that’s not about soccer. Obviously there has been a lot of the normal value discussion as a part of it. This thread is like this site, it’s caught in a endless loop. The interesting thing today is the fact that this is the only thread with any action at all in it shows just how dead this site has become. If it really were about soccer instead of your foolish agenda then there are about a half dozen new threads going because there is some actual discussion worthy things going on in the world of soccer that could be talked about instead. That’s clearly not happening. The bottom line is no one except you is actually interested in your views about education or rec soccer. Setting the bar as low as you do does nothing but make success and failure indistinguishable. That’s pretty sad.

Comment

Paul stop.

Comment

Go back ..That’s pretty sad.
                No you are sad. Go look in the mirror

Comment

And still waiting on opinions who the 4-5 kids on the list that are the real deal are. If you really want to talk about soccer and pat kids on the back, why aren’t you specifically pointing to the best of the best? Bet you don’t even know who is the most talented in the bunch and don’t even want to know what it took for them to be thought of that way

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    And still waiting on opinions who the 4-5 kids on the list that are the real deal are. If you really want to talk about soccer and pat kids on the back, why aren’t you specifically pointing to the best of the best? Bet you don’t even know who is the most talented in the bunch and don’t even want to know what it took for them to be thought of that way
                    People even on this silly board are smart enough not to engage in this vitriol. Do you even have a son? Or was your child overlooked?

Comment

Paul stop.
                      Why should anyone stop expressing an opinion on a discussion forum? Because you don’t agree with it? That’s pretty lame. Can’t help but notice that lack of intelligent rebuttals to the points made. Very sad how pathetic this site has become

Comment

Very sad how pathetic I've become
                        fixed it for ya

Comment

People even on this silly board are smart enough not to engage in this vitriol. Do you even have a son? Or was your child overlooked?
                          Ok what is the purpose of this thread then? Why is this one the only thread that has had any real activity in it? If you know the boys in the age group, who are the top 5 that we should be paying attention to? I get it you are afraid of the vitriol, well if the players are that good then their work on the field really speaks for itself and protects them from that. What’s the worst someone could write, that they think they suck? Are you really afraid of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            Ok what is the purpose of this thread then? Why is this one the only thread that has had any real activity in it? If you know the boys in the age group, who are the top 5 that we should be paying attention to? I get it you are afraid of the vitriol, well if the players are that good then their work on the field really speaks for itself and protects them from that. What’s the worst someone could write, that they think they suck? Are you really afraid of that?
                            Someone needs help. Yelling at an anonymous poster. - not the OP

Comment

Ok, so tell me which kids on this list you think have the potential to get drafted in 4-5 years?
                              I'll tell you one kid on this list that doesn't have the potential....my kid! There is no way he's getting anywhere near an MLS draft board. But right now he's as happy and confident as I've ever seen him and so are half a dozen of his buddies on this list. He's got no delusions of grandeur. He know's this is the last stop before he goes out to pasture with the rest of the old guys playing on Sunday mornings on our local pitch. Because he will never be a pro doesn't make it feel any less special.

Comment

Yelling? Seemed like questions to me. I guess if you are intimidated by questions because you don’t like the inevitable answers then you might shy away but that doesn’t constitute yelling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X