Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Other than UCONN women's basketball, when was the last time UCONN was discussed much in college athletics? Answer: not much in the last several years. Neither were the other schools listed.

UCONN women’s sports consistently in Capital One Cup top 10 for all around success in women’s sports. Seems pretty relevant to me.

http://www.capitalonecup.com

Comment

Oakwood definitely the club now for Uconn women. She's a Glastonbury resident, sends her own kid to Oakwood and is seen there often
      And yet not a single Glastonbury or Oakwood player from the most dominant Glastonbury team in a long time is playing at Uconn. How come. She was the asst no? Couldn’t scout them and throw enough coin to get them to Uconn? Something is rotten in Denmark

Comment

75th percentile for entering class SATs (which is where a non-diverse, non-recruited athlete student needs to be to get in) is 1300. Hardly a safety school.
        1300 isn’t top 25 percent at my kids school

Comment

1300 isn’t top 25 percent at my kids school
          1300 is valedictorian at st joes.....the high school, not the crappy philly school that a st joes player is going to. Hey....at least the kid can still wear the high school spirit wear in college. Get 5 or 6 more years out of it or whatever it takes to graduate

Comment

And yet not a single Glastonbury or Oakwood player from the most dominant Glastonbury team in a long time is playing at Uconn. How come. She was the asst no? Couldn’t scout them and throw enough coin to get them to Uconn? Something is rotten in Denmark
            Good point. As the AC she was the most involved with recruiting. Seems she wasn't shopping too much locally. As nothing has changed at OW except the uniforms I dobut she'll be seen much in Portland

Comment

Good point. As the AC she was the most involved with recruiting. Seems she wasn't shopping too much locally. As nothing has changed at OW except the uniforms I dobut she'll be seen much in Portland
              Maybe Kevin Ollie's kid will play there? She'd get free tuition and they wouldn't have to waste a scholarship.

Comment

You should chat with the u12 dad because apparently OW is now the Pipeline to Uconn?

Comment

You should chat with the u12 dad because apparently OW is now the Pipeline to Uconn?
                  U12 parents all think their kids are studs and will get college scholarships. Many won't even be playing by HS, and a fraction will play in college. But I'd expect OW parents to be more delusional than the average. Unless OW starts improving its product that relationship won't change. I don't see how that happens near term when they didn't get any good new players and the coaching is the same old same old

Comment

U12 parents all think their kids are studs and will get college scholarships. Many won't even be playing by HS, and a fraction will play in college. But I'd expect OW parents to be more delusional than the average. Unless OW starts improving its product that relationship won't change. I don't see how that happens near term when they didn't get any good new players and the coaching is the same old same old
                    OW kids get burnt out and don't move on to college. The only ones that make it are the one's showing up at the club at U17 and U18

Comment

UCONN hoops getting embarrassed at home by Villanova on National TV tells you everything you need to know about the state of affairs at Uconn athletics. These programs were on the same level just a few years ago.

Comment

UCONN hoops getting embarrassed at home by Villanova on National TV tells you everything you need to know about the state of affairs at Uconn athletics. These programs were on the same level just a few years ago.
                        No, UCONN was the better program. From 1990-2015, they were the top dog of the very best conference in the history of NCAA basketball. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

AAC is the beginning of the end for UCONN. They are better off in the A10

Comment

AAC is the beginning of the end for UCONN. They are better off in the A10
                            Except A10 doesn't have football ...

Until or unless they drop football A10 is a non starter ... at that point they could go Big East

Comment

Except A10 doesn't have football ...

Until or unless they drop football A10 is a non starter ... at that point they could go Big East
                              Uconn doesn’t have football either...oh wait, I think I heard something about my tax dollars supporting that pitiful program

Comment

No, UCONN was the better program. From 1990-2015, they were the top dog of the very best conference in the history of NCAA basketball. How the mighty have fallen.
                                once they broke up the big east all those programs deflated
                                cuse is the only decent team year in year out- what the hell happened to Gtown? it was a machine

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X