•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmos to move to Brooklyn?

http://www.metrosoccernation.com/sou...lyn-next-year/

Cosmos to move out of Hofstra?

I guess that means no more Cosmos game for me. If I'm going to go as far as Coney Island I think I'll go to a Man City game instead.

Comment

It's not official yet. Brooklyn MCU would be a far better situation for the Cosmo's men's side as attendance at Hofstra Shuart has been dwindling. Unfortunately, it does impact my ability to attend games with the family (similar to the Islanders move to Barclay's).

Is the Belmont park stadium project dead? It's unbelievable that the state would take this long to make a decision on that parcel of land.

I wonder how this would impact the Cosmos DA teams going forward. It would be unfortunate for Long Island to lose its pro boys DA option so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It's not official yet. Brooklyn MCU would be a far better situation for the Cosmo's men's side as attendance at Hofstra Shuart has been dwindling. Unfortunately, it does impact my ability to attend games with the family (similar to the Islanders move to Barclay's).

Is the Belmont park stadium project dead? It's unbelievable that the state would take this long to make a decision on that parcel of land.

I wonder how this would impact the Cosmos DA teams going forward. It would be unfortunate for Long Island to lose its pro boys DA option so quickly.
        My understanding is that the Belmont project isn't dead but it's slowed down greatly by state inaction. They should end up in Belmont

Comment

Maybe they should have Larry broker the deal.

Comment

My understanding is that the Belmont project isn't dead but it's slowed down greatly by state inaction. They should end up in Belmont
            I hope they stay in Nassau. Brooklyn would be a good temporary option, as it seems there are issues at Hofstra. Why not just move across the street to Mitchell?

Comment

The second NYCFC was announced the chances of the Cosmos building a stadium died. Without the prospects of becoming a MLS franchise there no fiscally responsible path to fund a new stadium.

Comment

http://libn.com/2016/08/09/halop-elm...al-at-belmont/

Comment

cosmos to move to brooklyn

The second NYCFC was announced the chances of the Cosmos building a stadium died. Without the prospects of becoming a MLS franchise there no fiscally responsible path to fund a new stadium.
                  Unfortunately that's the truth. There are some great retired players vested in the Cosmos too. Shep Messing is a historic goalie for the Arrows. If Long Island couldn't get funding for the Islanders hockey team they aren't doing it for the Cosmos. Please don't send another team to Brooklyn!!!

Comment

I hope they stay in Nassau. Brooklyn would be a good temporary option, as it seems there are issues at Hofstra. Why not just move across the street to Mitchell?
                    Mitchell is a HORRIBLE field! The surface is the worst and the facilities are terrible too. I think they should figure out a way to play at Icahn field on Randall's Island. Lots of soccer history there and would tweak NYCFC by playing right next to Manhattan.

Comment

Cosmos in Trouble

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmos...n-doubt-55932/

Comment

Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!

Comment

Kids in their DA program have to pay in January. So much for the free ride!
                          Car**y thing to do to families with such short notice. But I'm not surprised - running DA is costly let alone doing it for free. I think it's one reason why not all clubs are happily jumping on the GDA bandwagon. If clubs can't offer it for free they're pressured to at least reduce fees. Depending on a club's financials, how many profitable teams they have etc not everyone can afford to do that.

Comment

Car**y thing to do to families with such short notice. But I'm not surprised - running DA is costly let alone doing it for free. I think it's one reason why not all clubs are happily jumping on the GDA bandwagon. If clubs can't offer it for free they're pressured to at least reduce fees. Depending on a club's financials, how many profitable teams they have etc not everyone can afford to do that.
                            And the only way a club can offer GDA or Boys DA for free is to charge their lesser players more. Unless you're a profitable pro team, the way DAs have to work is that the weaker players at the club subsidize the more talented who pay zero.

Comment

And the only way a club can offer GDA or Boys DA for free is to charge their lesser players more. Unless you're a profitable pro team, the way DAs have to work is that the weaker players at the club subsidize the more talented who pay zero.
                              Yes so you have to have a massive , profitable club. Not many non MLS teams are free but most have reduced fees. I imagine they charge what they need to break even on a team as opposed to making a profit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X