• Show
Clear All

Ecnl team loses to space coast 04's. well done fkk

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ecnl team loses to space coast 04's. well done fkk
      FKK 04 ECNL team lost to a rec team? Hahaha

Comment

Because ECNL is not all we think it is. Those teams arenot necessarily better than the others.. it's pretty bad how complicated things have gotten with all these competing organizations.. it really hurts everything.

Comment

Disagree I feel ECNL for boys and DA for boys should be all we have and girls the same . The real issue is ECNL for girls is better then ECNL for boys and just the opposite for the DA programsfor now .

Comment

Remember this is first year for boys ECNL, growth and quality will come just like it did for girls. FKK's girls program is top notch and above the other clubs in Orlando. I would expect the boys side ECNL will improve too. There is some very good competition on the ECNL side. Stay playing regular club soccer or expand out, that's the beauty of it you have choices.

Comment

Yeah, that's my problem. Thanks Dr. Freud. You just highlighted the problem - you believe that your child's experience in ECNL is going to result in some higher level of positivety and growth beyond whatever league they participated in last year. Of course they'll enjoy playing and of course they'll grow as players - that happens by playing the game regardless of the league (in fact - most growth occurs in training environments). ECNL is the same soccer, just more travel and more expense. What frustrates me is that the Clubs that are offering ECNL know that its not a step up, its not worth the additional money and it won't create any new opportunities for the kids beyond what they already have. Teams from NPL go to the very same National Championship as the ECNL teams. Clubs are using Boys ECNL as a recruitment tool and to manipulate parents into thinking its something that its not. Just for once, I'd like to see the clubs forget about competing with each other for dues and do what's right for the kids.
              I agree re clubs competing for dues but as the kids get older it gets harder and harder to find like minded players and families when it comes to commitment. The NPL team my son played on last year had a bunch of families that would rather go in vacation than play a tournament. Doesn't make them bad people but was quite disappointing for the minority of kids that wanted to play. At least people signing up for ECNL know the level of commitment that is required going in. DA can't be the only option.

Comment

I agree re clubs competing for dues but as the kids get older it gets harder and harder to find like minded players and families when it comes to commitment. The NPL team my son played on last year had a bunch of families that would rather go in vacation than play a tournament. Doesn't make them bad people but was quite disappointing for the minority of kids that wanted to play. At least people signing up for ECNL know the level of commitment that is required going in. DA can't be the only option.
                If after DA, ECNL is the elite level soccer we can expect here, we are in trouble, no offense. There is no elite at all in ECNL, i know it will evolve, but so far the teams should be pretty elite...DA will evolve as well and maybe other options. i agree with your comment on parent commitment. It bothered me when a parent told me his kid was there just to get some exercise, comparing how important this was to mine. Then it bothered me even more to see that that kid was not even that good.. but it was on the team with kids that truly cared. I don't think there will ever be a perfect formula to this. I do think that we are making soccer so unmanageable and complicated. There should be DA, for kids with potential and talent to be professional players. Then there should be the rest of soccer , for kids that have aspirations to go to college, the best ones will be picked for that, and the rest is just fun.

Comment

If after DA, ECNL is the elite level soccer we can expect here, we are in trouble, no offense. There is no elite at all in ECNL, i know it will evolve, but so far the teams should be pretty elite...DA will evolve as well and maybe other options. i agree with your comment on parent commitment. It bothered me when a parent told me his kid was there just to get some exercise, comparing how important this was to mine. Then it bothered me even more to see that that kid was not even that good.. but it was on the team with kids that truly cared. I don't think there will ever be a perfect formula to this. I do think that we are making soccer so unmanageable and complicated. There should be DA, for kids with potential and talent to be professional players. Then there should be the rest of soccer , for kids that have aspirations to go to college, the best ones will be picked for that, and the rest is just fun.
                  Agreed on all counts.

Comment

FKK is big business where fees are padding the pockets of the execs. Listen to the sales pitches for leagues and college exposure and how great the club is but it's no different. Wake up and take a look at your registration and team fees and know you are part of scheme the FKK acheme

Comment

FKK is big business where fees are padding the pockets of the execs. Listen to the sales pitches for leagues and college exposure and how great the club is but it's no different. Wake up and take a look at your registration and team fees and know you are part of scheme the FKK acheme
                      How is this different than any other youth sports club. They exist to generate revenue, why else would they exist?

Comment

Maybe true but you are stating your opinion based on little facts to back up. Here is another example on you line of reasoning, Rush. Stop bad mouthing other clubs, if you are unhappy move.

Comment

Scores were respectable this past weekend. A 2-1 loss and a 2-0 loss. How did the games go and what did you think of the competition?

Comment

Remember this is first year for boys ECNL, growth and quality will come just like it did for girls. FKK's girls program is top notch and above the other clubs in Orlando. I would expect the boys side ECNL will improve too. There is some very good competition on the ECNL side. Stay playing regular club soccer or expand out, that's the beauty of it you have choices.
                            Agree on everything except for FKK girls program being top notch above all the other clubs in Orlando. Competing in low level soccer tournaments and winning in some age groups doesn't mean your teams are top notch.

Comment

Agree on everything except for FKK girls program being top notch above all the other clubs in Orlando. Competing in low level soccer tournaments and winning in some age groups doesn't mean your teams are top notch.
                              Huh? FKK girls program is most certainly top notch and above all other clubs in Orlando. Besides Orlando City what other club has a girls program even remotely close to as good as FKKs in the Orlando area?

Comment

Huh? FKK girls program is most certainly top notch and above all other clubs in Orlando. Besides Orlando City what other club has a girls program even remotely close to as good as FKKs in the Orlando area?
                                Lake County developes players

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X