Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bottom tier players from teams like SPOL were offered contracts for ECNL not DA. Top players from SPOL/Aztec/Seacoast etc teams were offered DA. In particular a couple top players from SPOL took the spot and another opted for NEFC DA. I realize that stars is not pushing DA, which is why the ecnl teams did not break up. However this 03 ecnl team was weak to begin with so it doesn't say much that top players remained.
    Quite right the '03 ECNL team was very weak. That's why they moved weaker players to DA. The new players signed to DA from other clubs weren't privy to the fact that the top tier Star players were in the ECNL. Good for Stars for getting them on the DA. That team looks like they will do well. If you're looking at the DA players on Stars '03 now I'm betting those Stars players from last years ECNL roster are not the tops on the DA team.

Comment

It has been clear for a long time that this is a new label on the same old same old. I only aware of one player that will playing in the gda that did not move over from an expensive ecnl or npl team. Maybe there are others but it really is the same players with new uniforms. It is fine but just a big disappointment from how it was originally described by us soccer.
      Yet many predicted that was how it would play out, and it largely has. Maybe over time if GDA can prove itself the shift will occur. But people these days are impatient and want instant results. With a tight recruiting window families are risk-averse to switching without substantive proof. They should have started smaller with U12-U15 and built from there but they were too busy trying to put ECNL out of business.

Comment

Quite right the '03 ECNL team was very weak. That's why they moved weaker players to DA. The new players signed to DA from other clubs weren't privy to the fact that the top tier Star players were in the ECNL. Good for Stars for getting them on the DA. That team looks like they will do well. If you're looking at the DA players on Stars '03 now I'm betting those Stars players from last years ECNL roster are not the tops on the DA team.
        Are you posting because your daughter didn't make da? There are 5 players on 03 ECNL that didn't make the da team. There is also a girl on 03 ECNL that was cut from Liverpool.
        It is the B team at stars now, the top ECNL players from last year were hand picked the left overs stayed on ECNL. I know it hurts to hear.

Comment

Are you posting because your daughter didn't make da? There are 5 players on 03 ECNL that didn't make the da team. There is also a girl on 03 ECNL that was cut from Liverpool.
          It is the B team at stars now, the top ECNL players from last year were hand picked the left overs stayed on ECNL. I know it hurts to hear.
          Although this back and forth is entertaining the only good players from last years ECNL team were the cbs who are both playing da and the tall forward who has dropped down to 04 ECNL.

Comment

Wow!! Stars parents are nuts!! I feel bad for your kids..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Wow!! Stars parents are nuts!! I feel bad for your kids..
              Most of the posts don't sound like they are coming from Stars. Nice try, BBA.

Comment

Stars da

Correct the stronger players are from outside clubs. It has been discussed to exhaustion, but the 03ECNL filled there open roster spots with even weaker players than last year. The 03 Aztecs Lost a top player to stars DA. Same is true for SPOL03. A player cut from SPOL was offered a roster spot on the ECnl team.

Comment

Girls da

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170825-d...-advisor-group

All women.

Tell me again how the USSF is the old boys network ?
                  Appears to be a step in the right direction. It's great that they hired all women. The bigger problem I see is not having qualified coaches. I'm not sure Stars have a coach with an A license. The focus initially should not be on the players, but with training these coaches. If they are running the same old practices they will have the same results. Does anyone agree with this? In my opinion the talent pool exists, just not the coaches to bring them to the next level.

Comment

Girls da

What's the point of labeling the team a or b? 04 stars ecnl is better than the 04DA. who cares....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Appears to be a step in the right direction. It's great that they hired all women. The bigger problem I see is not having qualified coaches. I'm not sure Stars have a coach with an A license. The focus initially should not be on the players, but with training these coaches. If they are running the same old practices they will have the same results. Does anyone agree with this? In my opinion the talent pool exists, just not the coaches to bring them to the next level.
                      Have you investigated what it takes to get a license? Coaching and a few classes. Kids get C licenses if they play in college. Look at the websites. The top coaches in all of the clubs have top licenses. This is such a bs red herring. It is not an indicator of a good coach anyway.

Comment

Girls da

Have you investigated what it takes to get a license? Coaching and a few classes. Kids get C licenses if they play in college. Look at the websites. The top coaches in all of the clubs have top licenses. This is such a bs red herring. It is not an indicator of a good coach anyway.
                        Of course it doesn't make a great coach. Who said it does? So why have a classification if they are all BS? It's an indication to a level of training. Just because you have a doctorate in surgery doesn't make you a great surgeon. we all know that....So are you saying the coaches don't need better training??

Comment

Of course it doesn't make a great coach. Who said it does? So why have a classification if they are all BS? It's an indication to a level of training. Just because you have a doctorate in surgery doesn't make you a great surgeon. we all know that....So are you saying the coaches don't need better training??
                          Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying, DB. What a dumb question. Half the BBA coaches don't have A licenses, and some of them are still good.

Comment

Girls da

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying, DB. What a dumb question. Half the BBA coaches don't have A licenses, and some of them are still good.
                            DB? Lol. My overall point was that coaches need to get better at there job. Part of that is getting to there highest level of certification in there field. If you can't, go coach in a program that doesn't require it.

Comment

Where's the rosters

Link to DA rosters please or is it a big secret ?

Comment

Are you posting because your daughter is in the bottom third of the DA team? I know it hurts to hear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X