Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The guy in an earlier post was correct. Team managers should only send info on practices and games. Everything else falls on the club and coach. Managers are most times a team mom, and they are the ones that start the most drama. They need the least amount of responsibility and power as possible.
    Boy do I have some nightmare stories of team managers in the past. The problem is they let the responsibility go to their heads. They start thinking they are part of the decision making and overstep. Clubs should just do away with parent managers

Comment

Boy do I have some nightmare stories of team managers in the past. The problem is they let the responsibility go to their heads. They start thinking they are part of the decision making and overstep. Clubs should just do away with parent managers
      I second that! Too much drama

Comment

The difficult part is getting all the parents to pay their team fees on time. When a payment plan is based on when funds are needed and parents are late the team is in trouble. When payments are higher in the beginning of the season to (to accommodate late parents based on experience) everyone complains. Everyone has a good excuse, but other bills get paid. The team manager should not have to put their relationship with the other parents at risk - this should be a club issue from the beginning.
        Even our town program didn't involve parents in the collection process - it was all done through the club and online. With three players we've been involved with several clubs and never once had to pay anybody but the club directly other than for a team dinner or coach gift. Even just from a liability and tracking perspective the fewer hands that touch money at a club the better. Now you can set up everything online and there's no need to involve a parent. If parents are late paying then the club manager, accountant or worse case coach needs to talk to the family, NOT another parent. Most clubs have a need based scholarship program so if you can't pay ask about it.

Comment

The guy in an earlier post was correct. Team managers should only send info on practices and games. Everything else falls on the club and coach. Managers are most times a team mom, and they are the ones that start the most drama. They need the least amount of responsibility and power as possible.
          Disagree - we've had nightmare dads who try to use the job as a way to somehow further their kids' careers (suck up to the coach for playing time), or just live vicariously through their kids. The moms were all business and didn't have time for drama - get 'er done :)

Comment

No. A parent manager shouldn't have any knowledge of finances. It puts them in a very difficult position. I've done it both ways and have been a parent at clubs that do both ways. There's a night and day difference having "professional" management vs parent - not only do things run more smoothly (generally) but it greatly reduces political bullsh - it. At most a manager should only be used to schedule games and send out communications. Preferred is the club handle ALL of that, either via the coach or a club staff member, and a "manager" simply answers occasional questions and organize team dinners etc.
            So do the parents pay the professional manager? That is a waste of money in my opinion, already too expensive. Best I have seen is having a parent manage the team account and all amounts due out in front of all of the parents, most transparent, fewer questions and immediately noticeable if someone is not pulling their weight.

Comment

Disagree - we've had nightmare dads who try to use the job as a way to somehow further their kids' careers (suck up to the coach for playing time), or just live vicariously through their kids. The moms were all business and didn't have time for drama - get 'er done :)
              Classic Parent Path: Asst coach, head coach, and then board member. Nah, no one knows what your up to.

Comment

Classic Parent Path: Asst coach, head coach, and then board member. Nah, no one knows what your up to.
                No one knows what you're talking about

Comment

My kids manager is quite a manipulative person and always has been. Never cross her. Any good ones out there?
                  Many put themself into the position as a means to keep kid on team or playing time.

Comment

These mega clubs have four paid administrative people, an operations manager, many DOCs over this and that, an executive director, . . Do you ever wonder why the club can't figure out a way to collect fees for the travel teams to help buses and hotels? Why does a volunteer team manager have to deal with this part of hounding parents for money?

Comment

We have had good success with team managers until last year. She was manager to further her son's career. He will never be more than a first team bench warmer at best and more than likely second teamer.

She would do anything to advance her son. Too bad she is fugly.

Comment

We have had good success with team managers until last year. She was manager to further her son's career. He will never be more than a first team bench warmer at best and more than likely second teamer.

She would do anything to advance her son. Too bad she is fugly.
                        Some have husband as assistant manager and wife as team manager

Comment

Some have husband as assistant manager and wife as team manager
                          Checks and balances

Comment

My kids manager is quite a manipulative person and always has been. Never cross her. Any good ones out there?
                            She's probably manipulative because she has to be to manage clueless ingrates who ask dumb questions constantly, don't read her communication carefully, and expect her to pull off miracles when they screw up. You likely don't have a clue how hard the team manager job is and how much time it takes. Just be grateful you have a parent willing to put the time and effort in with no compensation whatsoever. Kiss the ground she walks on.

Comment

She's probably manipulative because she has to be to manage clueless ingrates who ask dumb questions constantly, don't read her communication carefully, and expect her to pull off miracles when they screw up. You likely don't have a clue how hard the team manager job is and how much time it takes. Just be grateful you have a parent willing to put the time and effort in with no compensation whatsoever. Kiss the ground she walks on.
                              Absolutely true. Favorite waste of time? I send out a game schedule for the season via email. Print out the same schedule and hand to each player, plus 1 parent. Schedule is then put on team snap. Locations, directions, jersey color, etc. Absolutely no reason to not know, right? Morning of the game, here comes the texts. Is there a game today? Where is it at? What color jersey? How do i get there? Because I don't have enough to do in getting to the field early, making sure there is shade for the players, ref fees, sign in, and players cards. Now I'm your personal assistant because you can't get your sh!t together?

Yeah, team manager is a super easy job. You thankless c*nts.

Comment

Absolutely true. Favorite waste of time? I send out a game schedule for the season via email. Print out the same schedule and hand to each player, plus 1 parent. Schedule is then put on team snap. Locations, directions, jersey color, etc. Absolutely no reason to not know, right? Morning of the game, here comes the texts. Is there a game today? Where is it at? What color jersey? How do i get there? Because I don't have enough to do in getting to the field early, making sure there is shade for the players, ref fees, sign in, and players cards. Now I'm your personal assistant because you can't get your sh!t together?

Yeah, team manager is a super easy job. You thankless c*nts.
                                So true, never again for myself, one and done!

Throw in a coach who has multiple teams and is constsnymyb
                                changing at the last minute and you've got yourself a second job, no thanks!

I will never give the manager s^it knowing what they go through.

Even if they deserve it, they won't hear it from me
                                (why pile on when all the other mostly clueless parents
                                are bi*chin)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X