Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maximized their playing potential. Additionally, lost 3-4 very good players. Still a power house in OYSA.
    Lost 5 good players.

Comment

Academy & ECNL teams at 01 are the top 3 in the state. We'll never know the ranking order between Academy & ECNL because they'll never play each other again. Unfortunate.
      With exceptions, Academy & Ecnl will have the top teams from here on out at all age groups where they exist. However, the Oregon player pool is still the same and nowhere near CA or even WA. Hopefully, Academy & Ecnl will raise the development bar for our local girls. Kudos to teams like GPS 03s, ***C 02s, CFC 01s and FCSC 00s for trying to do the same. Arguing over which team is better this year or next is fun but not as important as better developing all our players. Rearranging the deck chairs makes the decks look different but improving the deck chairs would be the only true effective change.

Comment

With exceptions, Academy & Ecnl will have the top teams from here on out at all age groups where they exist. However, the Oregon player pool is still the same and nowhere near CA or even WA. Hopefully, Academy & Ecnl will raise the development bar for our local girls. Kudos to teams like GPS 03s, ***C 02s, CFC 01s and FCSC 00s for trying to do the same. Arguing over which team is better this year or next is fun but not as important as better developing all our players. Rearranging the deck chairs makes the decks look different but improving the deck chairs would be the only true effective change.
        It's crazy how you seem to know a little but really full of crap. You can't predict the future and your assumptions are full of hot air and propaganda.

Comment

Really thought the team would do better down at Surf cup. I don't understand what happened? Can someone explain it? Was it the loss of the players to CU?
          I think the team will be fine. Loss of girls to CU hurt a bit. At Surf, 4 of the starters were injured. Look how they did at region 4 in seattle. lost 1-0 to the National champion. Rebuilding takes time with new teammates.

Comment

I think the team will be fine. Loss of girls to CU hurt a bit. At Surf, 4 of the starters were injured. Look how they did at region 4 in seattle. lost 1-0 to the National champion. Rebuilding takes time with new teammates.
            Nice Try, injury to 4 starters, I don't think so. The team fell apart, lost players, and now is not that good anymore.

Comment

Nice Try, injury to 4 starters, I don't think so. The team fell apart, lost players, and now is not that good anymore.
              Its true. Lets see what happens.

Comment

Please. GPS is doing well. Injuries aren't helpful but what is, is good development.

The other coaches at cu and fc Portland are pathetic. Just look at CUs coach and doc, all they have is lying propaganda and trying to give away free spots.

If it was development or quality then it would have spoken for itself.

They are stuck getting the scraps from GPS while not doing what they said they were going to do with the families they have.

Imagine paying 10k a year to find out your coach instead of coaching is selling for recruitment of your kids spot from a place that was told to you to be not the right place.

Evidently Ecnl means garbage unless you can hide it with players who were developed outside of it.....sounds like onyx to me.

Comment

GPS must still be good or posters wouldn't bother bashing them anymore.

Comment

GPS must still be good or posters wouldn't bother bashing them anymore.
                    1. Crossfire United ECNL
                    2. THORNS DA
                    3. FC ECNL
                    4. GPS

Comment

1. Crossfire United ECNL
                      2. THORNS DA
                      3. FC ECNL
                      4. GPS
                      In terms of soccer tiers:

1. Thorns DA
                      2. Crossfire United ECNL
                      3. FC Portland ECNL
                      4. GPS

In terms of talent, soccer iq, exemplary coaching:

1. GPS
                      2. DA
                      3. FC Portland ECNL
                      4. Crossfire United ECNL

Comment

1. Crossfire United ECNL
                        2. Thorns academy
                        3. Salem Timbers
                        4. RVTimbers
                        5. Eastside Timbers
                        6. Clackamas
                        7. FC Portland ECNL (tied)
                        7. Crossfire Reserves (tied)
                        8. Vancouver Timbers
                        The girls 2001 thread is back. The legendary thread full of nothingness but petty adults.

Comment

CU coaches cold calling developed GPS players.

Says a lot when you spend 10k to get killed then come to find out your coach is cold calling kids to replace your kid when you thought 10k and propaganda was going to make it work.

GPS plays better soccer. CU tends to lie and spread propaganda.

Go figure it took paid spots to get GPS bench players.

Go on. Ask your cu coach. They lie more then Fcp coaches and that says something.
                          Your emotional wounds run very deep. I hope you get proper help so that you can heal.

Comment

Lost a few to ECNL and DA albeit not for development. Players that left were seeking broader exposure in travel leagues. Just ask a few that went to Crossfire ECNL how it's going, two have already been expressing huge disappointment in the level of play at CU to old GPS teammates. GPS is still quite possibly the best place for player development. Nothing wrong with having so many great options out there in the end.
                            I know quite a few of the parents & players and the reasons for leaving included; development, playtime, college exposure and the opportunity to play the highest level of competition. I'm not arguing that they found all of this outside of GPS, but these are the reasons I've been given.

Comment

Not sure about all the other things posted in here, but I do know that any post that shows CU teams ranked below GPS, the TA and FCP is spot on.

Comment

Not sure about all the other things posted in here, but I do know that any post that shows CU teams ranked below GPS, the TA and FCP is spot on.
                                Is GPS a thing? Thought that was just a fancy crest that Hillsboro Rec put on their jerseys. Saw them play once and have no reason to believe any different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X