X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What an absolute joke....
    The GM of the Revs played in the World Cup. How's that working out? Running a business well has zero to do with your experience within a sport. That being said, I have no idea what the Bolts GM has for business qualifications.

Comment

No surprise here that they hire another clueless person to do something. Probably a friend of a board member. Why they cannot put someone in charge that really knows what to do is beyond me. Cant believe after 30 years, they cannot get their act together.

Comment

The GM of the Revs played in the World Cup. How's that working out? Running a business well has zero to do with your experience within a sport. That being said, I have no idea what the Bolts GM has for business qualifications.
        How does this lady have a background to run a soccer club? Come on. Most people also assume a good soccer player or soccer coach can run a soccer club, that is also a wrong assumption. Clubs are businesses. Someone with a business background, customer service and retention experience would know more than a coach, player or a nurse.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          How does this lady have a background to run a soccer club? Come on. Most people also assume a good soccer player or soccer coach can run a soccer club, that is also a wrong assumption. Clubs are businesses. Someone with a business background, customer service and retention experience would know more than a coach, player or a nurse.
          If you don't know her and aren't with the club, why do you care? You are such a good person.

Comment

If these are the types of people running the club, it does matter, because what it shows is the decline of an organization and the public in particular those that DO play there, that the future is bleak for the club.

Comment

I am a new parent to this club this year. I am not sure how desperate these people are to get money but they just announced to us last night that we have to sell raffle tickets. I never had to do this before for a soccer club but at one time for my town little league that was charging $100 for a season. I have to say I don't mind to try to help but to do this to us unannounced seems desperate. Coming over from another club - this is a turnoff

Comment

I am a new parent to this club this year. I am not sure how desperate these people are to get money but they just announced to us last night that we have to sell raffle tickets. I never had to do this before for a soccer club but at one time for my town little league that was charging $100 for a season. I have to say I don't mind to try to help but to do this to us unannounced seems desperate. Coming over from another club - this is a turnoff
                What club did you come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  A lot of clubs do fundraisers, and it depends on what the money is for. Most clubs use it for scholarships or travel for the kids who cannot afford showcases and that sort of thing. What have you been told about where the money would be going?

Comment

Valeo

Comment

Valeo
                      Baffoon old daddy coaches inserting their miserable wives as managers while treating young studs to lap dances. Quite the club that is.

Thank your lucky stars you're better off here.

Comment

A lot of clubs do fundraisers, and it depends on what the money is for. Most clubs use it for scholarships or travel for the kids who cannot afford showcases and that sort of thing. What have you been told about where the money would be going?
                        Our club always did fundraisers and asked for extra at dues time.

Comment

Valeo from my point of view was a good club, well run, competitive and they had their own field complex. But, after U12 DA runs out, so appears as Bolts has a better path for my son. I do believe though that hitting me up unexpectedly for a raffle after I just shelled out a ton of money to the Bolts seems desperate.

Comment

Our club always did fundraisers and asked for extra at dues time.
                            And which club was that?

Comment

Bolts on Life Support.....

Valeo from my point of view was a good club, well run, competitive and they had their own field complex. But, after U12 DA runs out, so appears as Bolts has a better path for my son. I do believe though that hitting me up unexpectedly for a raffle after I just shelled out a ton of money to the Bolts seems desperate.
                              We received the same raffle tickets. Told that we don't have to pay for them ourselves, that our payer can sell them and if we did not participate we would be removed from the team roster.

Comment

We received the same raffle tickets. Told that we don't have to pay for them ourselves, that our payer can sell them and if we did not participate we would be removed from the team roster.
                                I don't think that's true. Did the club send an email out to you that your child would've removed from the roster? As long as you are in good finacial standing they can't take your kid off a roster. I'm sure they can suggest that everyone helps out by selling raffle tickets but that's about it. As long as it's not in the contract you sighed then they can't do anything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X