Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes the parking is very bad and their is black plague in the toilets.
    Missed the class on the use of they're, their, and there did we?

Comment

Who started this thread and is posting? Could it be the local trolls?

Comment

Who started this thread and is posting? Could it be the local trolls?
        No, just you.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          No, just you.
          Not the OP but what does this mean? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that there is nothing useful about the Stars tournament here and it seems loaded up on the girls side. I came looking for my son and thought I could get some insight on the comp.

Comment

Oh! so there is a stars central, stars worcester, and stars metro west. Might be a little deluded
            don't forget Stars South

Comment

don't forget Stars South
              Can someone explain the obsession with Stars? Seriously. I have a son participating in the tournament, and this back and forth seems odd for a tournament thread.

Comment

Can someone explain the obsession with Stars? Seriously. I have a son participating in the tournament, and this back and forth seems odd for a tournament thread.
                The NEFC/Breakers Mafia is 100% dedicated to taking down the Stars, especially since they finished off the Scorpions years ago.

Comment

Stars, the organization, has screwed so many people with lies or half truths. If you want to know about the tournament then

Excellent field with top teams
                  Brackets will be organized to give Stars teams best chance to advance
                  terrible parking- bring your dust rag
                  games start on time and organization is solid
                  Top fields, even the grass ones, are good to excellent. Bottom fields are uneven and spotty
                  long lines for concessions, bring your own stuff. You won't want to leave once you park

Overall an excellent local tournament, probably the best in New England. It still has warts though

Comment

Stars, the organization, has screwed so many people with lies or half truths. If you want to know about the tournament then

Top fields, even the grass ones, are good to excellent. Bottom fields are uneven and spotty
                    long lines for concessions, bring your own stuff. You won't want to leave once you park

Overall an excellent local tournament, probably the best in New England. It still has warts though
                    I don't get all of the parking complaints.

The fields are Progin Park, Stars facility, Forekicks Taunton and Marlborough, Medway HS.

Comment

I'll stay away from the grinding axes, but this is very helpful and I'll look for food places ahead of departure. If you have any tips on parking, that would be great too.

Comment

I'll stay away from the grinding axes, but this is very helpful and I'll look for food places ahead of departure. If you have any tips on parking, that would be great too.
                        Nothing you can do about parking at Progin. Just get there early and expect to walk. Small hassle but overall usually a good weekend

Comment

Nothing you can do about parking at Progin. Just get there early and expect to walk. Small hassle but overall usually a good weekend
                          Jeez, the place has only been around for about 15 years now.

I take it whinebag is new to the soccer world?

Comment

Jeez, the place has only been around for about 15 years now.

I take it whinebag is new to the soccer world?
                            Not sure of your point. My experience is Stars cup is a much bigger parking hassle than any other weekend there Nothing you can do about it, just the truth. Oh. And just because you are such an experienced soccer blowhard parent doesn't mean that others aren't attending for the first time, Step off your pedestal

Comment

Not sure of your point. My experience is Stars cup is a much bigger parking hassle than any other weekend there Nothing you can do about it, just the truth. Oh. And just because you are such an experienced soccer blowhard parent doesn't mean that others aren't attending for the first time, Step off your pedestal
                              Last year was an absolute nightmare for parking.

Comment

Last year was an absolute nightmare for parking.
                                There was a spring tournament this year, forgot which one, and I was stunned on how bad it was. We've been to a few over the years, so we had bad expectations. However, as we came down rte 2 it was backed up to the exit. I did an end around and came in the back way and got through to the lot at least.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X