Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the 90s and early 2000's Stanford, Duke,Notre Dame called on Oregon"s best...now walk on status at mid level schools is all you boast about.

Club soccer in Oregon has lowered the ball for all college hopefuls in a state that once had bona fide players.

Well done.

Please cinti ie to post.
    You are speaking from emotion and really don't know what you are talking about.

I thought Georgetown was in the Final 4 last year and Santa Clara did quite well.

Isn't Cal a pretty good program? Both Cal and Georgetown happen to be top academic programs

You sound like one who always complains about the present.

Btw, the past was not all that...

Comment

In the 90s and early 2000's Stanford, Duke,Notre Dame called on Oregon"s best...now walk on status at mid level schools is all you boast about.

Club soccer in Oregon has lowered the ball for all college hopefuls in a state that once had bona fide players.

Well done.

Please cinti ie to post.
      No one has ever routinely called on Oregon's best. We will send one a year to a good D1 program. Clive got luck with his winning teams, with mostly out of state talent. It used to be big schools didn't care about women's soccer. They still don't, but they will at least hire a coach and that coach will want to keep their job so they go after talent. Would a top recurit rather go to Stanford or U of P? Can you blame the recuit?

Comment

5 losses in a row !!!!!!! Wow !

Comment

You are speaking from emotion and really don't know what you are talking about.

I thought Georgetown was in the Final 4 last year and Santa Clara did quite well.

Isn't Cal a pretty good program? Both Cal and Georgetown happen to be top academic programs

You sound like one who always complains about the present.

Btw, the past was not all that...
          The players were all that...today nada

Comment

The players were all that...today nada
            We are talking about Oregon club players and not UofP. Try reading the post. Cal, Georgetown, etc... is not UofP.

Comment

We are talking about Oregon club players and not UofP. Try reading the post. Cal, Georgetown, etc... is not UofP.
              A new low with a loss to Boise State. Now 2-6. This has to be his last year.

Comment

It should happen before the end of the year.

Comment

ok, i agree now. they used to be a player in the national sense, then at least a player in the region, now BSU can beat them?

Comment

Some things that jump out to me in watching the team is that the defense is atrocious. Largely because it is mostly youth back there. The frosh center defenders are terrible and are only playing because he screwed up his recruiting classes. He should have some more experience back there because the freshmen that he is playing back there should be sitting and would be sitting on many teams.

Comment

Some things that jump out to me in watching the team is that the defense is atrocious. Largely because it is mostly youth back there. The frosh center defenders are terrible and are only playing because he screwed up his recruiting classes. He should have some more experience back there because the freshmen that he is playing back there should be sitting and would be sitting on many teams.
                      Isn't that his hand picked hot shot recruit from FC Portland?
                      Good club player but maybe in a little bit over her head as a starter?
                      Nonetheless, it's his team / his choice.

Comment

Isn't that his hand picked hot shot recruit from FC Portland?
                        Good club player but maybe in a little bit over her head as a starter?
                        Nonetheless, it's his team / his choice.
                        And his job that he is going to lose. And actually, all four of the frosh defenders he has are over their head. He keeps being quoted as "this team is young". Well, that will be a good thing for the next coach.

Comment

Bad choices

I was told he also used up all his scholarship money on full athletic scholarship for girls that couldn't get any academic funds because of academic status. We all remember get good grades being of a huge priority in helping get a full scholarship. Giving out full athletic vs a combo of athletic/academic uses up a ton of money that could be spread out on multiple players vs one player. This leaves a majority of your squad with partial scholarship or walk on's at a very expensive school. Players/parents will go with the money in most cases. I don't see anyone on that team that merit full athletic money.

Just expressing my thoughts and what others have told me.

Comment

I was told he also used up all his scholarship money on full athletic scholarship for girls that couldn't get any academic funds because of academic status. We all remember get good grades being of a huge priority in helping get a full scholarship. Giving out full athletic vs a combo of athletic/academic uses up a ton of money that could be spread out on multiple players vs one player. This leaves a majority of your squad with partial scholarship or walk on's at a very expensive school. Players/parents will go with the money in most cases. I don't see anyone on that team that merit full athletic money.

Just expressing my thoughts and what others have told me.
                            Doubtful as he didn't sign any Timbers / Thorns players. Those are the one's that are so stupid (inherited from their lemming cavemen parents) that they can't get accepted to PCC...

Comment

Doubtful as he didn't sign any Timbers / Thorns players. Those are the one's that are so stupid (inherited from their lemming cavemen parents) that they can't get accepted to PCC...
                              Take it easy. Your going to hurt yourself.

Comment

Take it easy. Your going to hurt yourself.
                                So who replaces smith? Would you look for an up and coming assistant?
                                OR do you go with a retread? Or do you go for a winning D2/D3 coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X