Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timbers Camps - bad experience!

I keep getting spammed with ads for timbers camps.

I highly recommend avoiding these camps with all your might. My son who was on one of the best teams in the NW went to one years ago. They forced him to be "on age" even though he was playing up in club and was one of best players on his team.
    The camp was a joke. He was put with remedial kids and spent half a day learning to kick the ball. He asked repeatedly to move but they smiled and ignored him.
    It was a terrible experience.
    No good soccer training.
    Must be just a profit maker for the Timbers.
    Boys and girls camp would be a better experience.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I highly recommend avoiding these camps with all your might. My son who was on one of the best teams in the NW went to one years ago. They forced him to be "on age" even though he was playing up in club and was one of best players on his team.
    The camp was a joke. He was put with remedial kids and spent half a day learning to kick the ball. He asked repeatedly to move but they smiled and ignored him.
    No good soccer training.
    everyone knows those camps are only for babysitting.

Comment

everyone knows those camps are only for babysitting.
      It's just summer camp.

Comment

Unless a summer camp is specifically recommended as otherwise by someone you trust, assume any week-long soccer camp is for beginners.

Comment

go for the social aspect of it, not for the futbol. plus, you get a "cool" shirt!

Comment

Absolutely terrible. Did this a few years ago. Our 3rd grader was moved to the 7th grade group and was still bored out of his mind. Might be the worst camps in town, and that's saying a lot.

Comment

On the bright side...being in the 7th grade group he missed out on the rainbow parachute game

Comment

Timbers camps and many others like them are for all skill levels for summer fun for the kids and a fundraiser for whoever is hosting. Enjoy it for what it is .

Comment

Timbers camps and many others like them are for all skill levels for summer fun for the kids and a fundraiser for whoever is hosting. Enjoy it for what it is .
                  Yes, because the Timbers need to do fundraising (eye roll).

Comment

Agree, I think camps can be fun. Some of these parents are obsessed with everything being high level competition. Too bad for the kids.

Comment

Are you lost? It's not about fun. What 9 year old wants to play on the Timbers field and have a meet and greet with a Timbers player? Losers, that's who.

Comment

Are you lost? It's not about fun. What 9 year old wants to play on the Timbers field and have a meet and greet with a Timbers player? Losers, that's who.
                        they oughta grow out of that by 8. at the latest. YOUR CHILD IS BEHIND ALREADY.

*sarcasm

Comment

play on the timbers field? ours was at the horrid Lakeridge Jr High fields

Comment

Absolutely terrible. Did this a few years ago. Our 3rd grader was moved to the 7th grade group and was still bored out of his mind. Might be the worst camps in town, and that's saying a lot.
                            It's babysitting to get the little rats out of the house for a few hours so mommy can have a few drinks and not have them grating on her nerves. Anything to get the brats out of the house during the summer is a-ok. Sick of them and ready for school to start back up like yesterday. So damn done with them asking for food and laundry. $200 only buys me 2 hours if I drop them off at town center.

Comment

No good soccer training.
                              It's ok but you obviously don't understand the soccer landscape here in portland.
                              You are wasting your money. The level of the camps is not a good fit for your child. The Portland Timbers Camps are nothing more than Daycare for children. If you think otherwise you're incompetent.
                              Yes, the Timbers do these Daycare Camps to make a profit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X