Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Folks are concerned about the OYSA/Timbers relationship specifically, and the structure of Oregon soccer generally.
    It'll hinge on new OYSA leadership and if they are the same as previous leadership in trying to get jobs with Timbers.

Comment

Folks are concerned about the OYSA/Timbers relationship specifically, and the structure of Oregon soccer generally.
      Very true. And in answer to another post, whatever is rolled out will be a vast improvement over the shoddy product OYSA is offering.

Comment

Very true. And in answer to another post, whatever is rolled out will be a vast improvement over the shoddy product OYSA is offering.
        You guys are nuts - it's so much better then 10 years ago. Better then Pre OPL, better than OPL at it's height (talk about politics - oy). That said, there is always room for changing, improvement, trying to get better.

Comment

You guys are nuts - it's so much better then 10 years ago. Better then Pre OPL, better than OPL at it's height (talk about politics - oy). That said, there is always room for changing, improvement, trying to get better.
          This is not my first kid playing soccer. I was around 10 years ago. This is not better.

Comment

This is not my first kid playing soccer. I was around 10 years ago. This is not better.
            Well, so was I so I guess we agree to disagree.

Comment

OYSA Portland Timbers Staff Blueprint:

A. Order the ghost pepper wings from FOTM.
              B. Drown the burn with cold adult beverage.
              C. Act cool.
              D. If needed slip off to restroom and chug milk.
              E. Return to table to declare "is that the best they can do? Forget about it" in a jersey iltalian accent.

Success achieved. You know what I mean?

Yuck, do adults drink milk?

Comment

Yuck, do adults drink milk?
                I like milk.

And it's better than water if you eat food too hot for your palate, though tea works even better for that purpose.

But give me a nice bowl of tom yum soup or Szechuan sliced fish in a fiery pot or pork vindaloo or Andouille sausage any day over chicken wings marinated in some variety of capsaicin-laced ketchup.

Comment

Thoughts on the recently published OYSA Blue Print for Success?
                  That's not a Blueprint!! Its a business plan! Telling you how the leagues will be formed and what the new costs will be is not a development plan.
                  OYSA need to be in touch more with grass roots soccer. These 'grass roots' coaches they employed have never been seen at our club. They also need to make ODP more prestigious. Hire coaches that have no ties with other clubs. Hire a GDA director that has one focus, to develop the best kids in Oregon. Ego's always get in the way. Unless OYSA address this then Oregon will always be a low level state for soccer.

Comment

That's not a Blueprint!! Its a business plan! Telling you how the leagues will be formed and what the new costs will be is not a development plan.
                    OYSA need to be in touch more with grass roots soccer. These 'grass roots' coaches they employed have never been seen at our club. They also need to make ODP more prestigious. Hire coaches that have no ties with other clubs. Hire a GDA director that has one focus, to develop the best kids in Oregon. Ego's always get in the way. Unless OYSA address this then Oregon will always be a low level state for soccer.
                    This isn't an OYSA document or OYSA plan. It's the Timbers plan for their league. OYSA has nothing to do with running the league.

Comment

This isn't an OYSA document or OYSA plan. It's the Timbers plan for their league. OYSA has nothing to do with running the league.
                      oh contrary my naive one...

OYSA has everything to do with peregrine running their leagues, they (OYSA) handed them over...

kinda sucks to be part of the OYSA doesn't it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X