Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True and the other DA teams in CA are already full of better players and they'll actually be following GDA rules so they'll be training 4 or 5 days per week and concentrating on elite soccer while our Oregon Thorns teams will only be training 2 or 3 times per week and letting players play all kinds of other sports. Another missed opportunity for OR soccer girls.
    Seniors only, this Fall, high school ball.

Comment

It's way better to play in front of "six people and a dog" and be focused more internally on the little things that you need to do to get better. Eliminate distractions.
      I know the six people and a dog quote is from a thorns coach but it's unfair to repeat. Kids seriously don't care about people watching them.

Comment

I know the six people and a dog quote is from a thorns coach but it's unfair to repeat. Kids seriously don't care about people watching them.
        It's unfair to repeat the thorns coach's opinion on academy soccer versus high school soccer? Is that because now that academy soccer is paying him he's changed his mind? Or is it unfair because he is not a credible source of information? Or is it unfair because he was correct and it's embarrassing to point that out?

Comment

It's unfair to repeat the thorns coach's opinion on academy soccer versus high school soccer? Is that because now that academy soccer is paying him he's changed his mind? Or is it unfair because he is not a credible source of information? Or is it unfair because he was correct and it's embarrassing to point that out?
          I suggest, as has been suggested in the past, that you ask him your questions to his face.

We'll all move on without you. Your vendetta is done. Tryouts are over and you didn't get the job.

Comment

I suggest, as has been suggested in the past, that you ask him your questions to his face.

We'll all move on without you. Your vendetta is done. Tryouts are over and you didn't get the job.
            I don't have any questions for this coach. My question was for the OP who said it was unfair to bring up what the coach said in the past. I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. But way to attack and disparage my child to deflect from my very reasonable questions. This is why GDA parents aren't missed.

Comment

Not sure if it is so much a vendetta, but the OP was pointing an obvious character flaw with one of the academy coaches.

Yes, tryouts are over and it does not look like the 01/02 team will be any good. Even with the subsidized fees, the team looks to be the same as last year which is a very solid bronze level team.

Comment

Not sure if it is so much a vendetta, but the OP was pointing an obvious character flaw with one of the academy coaches.

Yes, tryouts are over and it does not look like the 01/02 team will be any good. Even with the subsidized fees, the team looks to be the same as last year which is a very solid bronze level team.
                They won the beaverton cup though.

Comment

They won the beaverton cup though.
                  They thugball bootballed their way to the win!

Comment

The whole idea of representing your school or community is weak. If you want to be the best you have to forget about people coming to watch. That should not be a motivation.
                    Ok big time lets just cool our jets a minute. IMHO At the end of the day kids should have fun and have an opportunity to shine in front of family and friends under the big lights at there local HS. Nothing wrong with this. A large number of our best kids going on to play in College will wash out of Soccer and be students by end of Sophomore year. Has nothing to do with their soccer ability, many will decide other activities sound better to them, team chemistry etc.

I disagree with above quote. IMHO represent your community, represent your school and friends and be the best you can be. (BEST is relative to DNA). 20 years from now your club will most likely not exist, but friends family and the kids you grew up with will always be there for you. Memories made playing in front of Grandparents and family/friends will last longer then your third place finish at SURF...

Comment

Ok big time lets just cool our jets a minute. IMHO At the end of the day kids should have fun and have an opportunity to shine in front of family and friends under the big lights at there local HS. Nothing wrong with this. A large number of our best kids going on to play in College will wash out of Soccer and be students by end of Sophomore year. Has nothing to do with their soccer ability, many will decide other activities sound better to them, team chemistry etc.

I disagree with above quote. IMHO represent your community, represent your school and friends and be the best you can be. (BEST is relative to DNA). 20 years from now your club will most likely not exist, but friends family and the kids you grew up with will always be there for you. Memories made playing in front of Grandparents and family/friends will last longer then your third place finish at SURF...
                      Surf is actually an incredibly fun and memorable tournament.

Comment

Surf is actually an incredibly fun and memorable tournament.
                        Yes I know, is why I mentioned it. It is the best of the best as tourneys go, my kids have played in it several times. But I think the HS experience is more beneficial by leaps and bounds. MHO

Comment

Yes I know, is why I mentioned it. It is the best of the best as tourneys go, my kids have played in it several times. But I think the HS experience is more beneficial by leaps and bounds. MHO
                          Depends on your high school!

Comment

Depends on your high school!
                            Very true. There are a handful of high schools with good soccer teams with all the rest being bad to abysmal. Not everyone is impacted.

Comment

Looks like the GU19 team gathered girls from a wide variety of clubs including FC ENCL & CU ECNL. Looks like a pretty competitive list of players.

Just imagine what the other three age groups would look like if GDA allowed them to play high school like the GU19 seniors.

Comment

I feel bad for the kids doing the thorns. Locked in the GDA warehouse. Miss school events. Dances. Football games. Excess travel. No time for homework.
                                No one comes to your games. "Three people and a dog" per the thorns coach.
                                Kids don't care. Playing for your high school isn't as important as becoming a better player. Nobody is forcing them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X