Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let me get this straight, having a coach that coaches high school soccer is a bad thing? So is having a coach that has no clue what they are doing but has a pretty little licensed letter in their credentials actually better? My kids have played for 3 separate clubs and of all of the coaches they played for the best coach they had was the one with no lettered credentials. Licensing means almost nothing. And just so I am proactive, no my kids have never played for Fortis, just found this to be an interesting post.
    I love stories.

Comment

My HS coach got the job because he was the wrestling coach, and they were looking to save $$
      It may surprise many, but soccer and wrestling share many similar tactical and technical skills.

Comment

It may surprise many, but soccer and wrestling share many similar tactical and technical skills.
        Not sure I believe that...but either way...doesn't apply here.

He knew nothing of the game, and admitted as much. We were more fit than others. Practices were spent running laps, climbing hills, and doing American Warm-Ups.

Not a lotta' soccer going on there...

Comment

He knew nothing of the game, and admitted as much. We were more fit than others. Practices were spent running laps, climbing hills, and doing American Warm-Ups.

"Not sure I believe that"
          Wow, I'm scared to find out what kind of stuff you do believe...cavemen vs dinosaurs anybody?

Comment

Actually, you're a perfect candidate to be a Fortis coach

Comment

Actually, you're a perfect candidate to be a Fortis coach
              I was sitting right near a great candidate for a Fortis coach yesterday,but then I flushed.

Comment

Our coach at Fortis had his NSCAA DOC and Advanced National diplomas and was excellent. And the extra technical and agility training was very good. New club with some growing pains but overall positive experience

Comment

Licensing means almost nothing.
                  In most cases this is an incredibly dumb comment.

Comment

Our coach at Fortis had his NSCAA DOC and Advanced National diplomas and was excellent. And the extra technical and agility training was very good. New club with some growing pains but overall positive experience
                    Have fun driving to Fitchburg all winter...
                    Owner using your money to invest in property that club doesn't own...
                    How did RI work out for you?

Comment

what do u care, your not driving there, let them play where they want to play and for who they want to play for.

Comment

Umm, teams based in Sutton, practice in Fitchburg..........yeah that will work. Good luck with that.

Comment

Umm, teams based in Sutton, practice in Fitchburg..........yeah that will work. Good luck with that.
                          Why the move to Fitchburg? what happened to the Smithfield field?

Comment

Fitchburg cheaper

Comment

Next stop, St Albans...

Comment

President of the club is part owner of the Fitchburg facility.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X