Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention the fact that he actually can't be a part of Barca's program unless his parents are there for work or he has a European passport.

And just as an aside, and not to dismiss him as a player, but are we sure he'd be the top 06 in these parts anyway?
    He was the top scorer on the 04’s last year. He would be top 5 05 player

Comment

Please clarify. I don’t believe WA Timbers “sent” this player to Spain. They have become a feeder account for this overseas camp. Parents buy into the fantasy of little Johnny making it in Europe and spend about $20k when all is said and done for a three month soccer vacation in Spain. Do they get paid referral fees when the players go over? It’s a great camp experience but pales in comparison to year long international programs where youth players are actually signed at clubs and not paying enormous fees for the training and education because they are good.
      Vantucky Timbers are part of the TOVO Alliance with New York Red Bull’s and LAFC. This are the three TOVO hubs in the US. TOVO will run clinics out of those three locations in the future.

Comment

***C parent here and know several of the kids that were on the court and Reality is FC had 3 of their top field players and a big long athletic goalie in the little goals and never had to sub those top players off the court, crossfire bench players got exposed badly. Not taking anything away from fc though they took full advantage of the situation
        Your definition of reality is off.
        Let’s just call it Donkey Reality.

Comment

Your definition of reality is off.
          Let’s just call it Donkey Reality.
          It's exactly what happened- not quite sure what game you were watching

Comment

It's exactly what happened- not quite sure what game you were watching
            BSC Parent here...I stayed and watched the 9-2 (FC gave Crossfire an own goal) game. Yes, Crossfire had a much deeper team. Yes, Crossfire had some kids out there that appeared to maybe be not all that technical or athletic. However, FC just looked better. If they played 10 times out of 10, FC would have won. Just my opinion.

Comment

BSC Parent here...I stayed and watched the 9-2 (FC gave Crossfire an own goal) game. Yes, Crossfire had a much deeper team. Yes, Crossfire had some kids out there that appeared to maybe be not all that technical or athletic. However, FC just looked better. If they played 10 times out of 10, FC would have won. Just my opinion.
              You are probably right. But it doesn’t really matter, at least to us. The absurdity that we kept a core of certain players on the court to ensure victory is just plain bs. Crossfire is a good team, I’m sure that they attempted to make even teams like we did. I’m sure that is having a lighter bench on both teams (due to both injury and interest) may have helped our flow. Still don’t know why some think it’s a big deal. We don’t.
              Have fun next week!

Comment

I am an Eastside parent and did watch the first half until our game got started on the next court. It appeared that there were definitely two different skill level with the teams. I cannot speak clearly as to if FCPDX was really good, or if Crossfire was really bad. Maybe one of the teams should be in a different skill bracket. We showed up early to because my son wanted to see a little bit of his friend/ex-Eastside teammate play. I am still trying to relish in Eastside's winning record (a least for about 5 more days).

Comment

Vantucky Timbers are part of the TOVO Alliance with New York Red Bull’s and LAFC. This are the three TOVO hubs in the US. TOVO will run clinics out of those three locations in the future.
                  That is cool and everything, but I thought you guys were thick with Ajax just last summer. Not that they are mutually exclusive . . .

Comment

Fc only had 4 players and thus never had to sub out to an inferior player, in this case an advantage. Futsal is not a barometer by the way. What I have noticed is Crossfire has a huge fall off from what would be considered their "top 11" and at this point in The year they have several kids absent at any given time. Based on my conversation with parents there it's due to several of their top players playing other sports. Not that it makes the beat down they took from fc pdx any different but I know if they play the shortened lineup that they played in oceanside they are as good as any team in the entire northwest....

Comment

You guys (and gals - Im inclusive) will have to learn to like one another when the BSC/FCP merger is announced.

Comment

You guys (and gals - Im inclusive) will have to learn to like one another when the BSC/FCP merger is announced.
                        No merger - some coaching rotation among though.

Comment

That is cool and everything, but I thought you guys were thick with Ajax just last summer. Not that they are mutually exclusive . . .
                          Both are used and are connected

Comment

Merger got shot down. Big move by top top employee moving to the top club in the area though. Will be announced soon.

Comment

Merger got shot down. Big move by top top employee moving to the top club in the area though. Will be announced soon.
                              Who did Westside hire?

(I'm joking of course, but mocking such presumption).

Comment

Fc only had 4 players and thus never had to sub out to an inferior player, in this case an advantage. Futsal is not a barometer by the way. What I have noticed is Crossfire has a huge fall off from what would be considered their "top 11" and at this point in The year they have several kids absent at any given time. Based on my conversation with parents there it's due to several of their top players playing other sports. Not that it makes the beat down they took from fc pdx any different but I know if they play the shortened lineup that they played in oceanside they are as good as any team in the entire northwest....
                                This can be said of any U13 team!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X