Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Says travel is bad in some regions , but that we have too many Clubs - surely that makes travel worse unless you are suggesting no games at all - or maybe a single tournament

No reason why a coach cannot have multiple teams.

Dont see your point at all on the rest.
    Pretty certain DA rules state only one team per coach. So half the teams don't get A level coaches, at least for some time until the others get certified. As we know, licensure is certainly no guarantee of quality either. Some of the clubs they have in GDA are not the best either

not the poster

not the poster

Comment

That was a legit gripe about ECNL - it wasn't so much that it's "producing" YNT players but that it's the biggest congregant of top talent simply because it's the top league. Of course top players will migrate to the top league, whatever that may be. Doesn't mean all ECN clubs are great talent developers. Our performance is slipping while other countries are ramping up their efforts. USSF rightly saw the writing on the wall. But is GDA the way to reach the goals? That's where I'm not convinced.

So you and others keep saying, so what is ?

Comment

So you and others keep saying, so what is ?
        Not the poster and I don't have the answers...just more questions above my pay grade. I know the idea of a residency program gets tossed around but even that I don't see working. Not too many parents will sign their kids education over for the chance to play on the national team. Our geography is too big, we don't have the concentration of quality clubs like there is internationally.

Comment

Not the poster and I don't have the answers...just more questions above my pay grade. I know the idea of a residency program gets tossed around but even that I don't see working. Not too many parents will sign their kids education over for the chance to play on the national team. Our geography is too big, we don't have the concentration of quality clubs like there is internationally.
          Agreed re size. So given the restrictions I think what they are attempting is at least a reasonable first attempt . The most amazing pasrt of it is the ECNL clubs ability to spin 6m+HS is better than 10m of training (often with the same coaches). Or is it more that the kids/parents do not see the need to practice anymore to get better? either way, the USSF have, in my opinion, misjudged the real appetite for an Academy level product on the girls side.

One thing not really discussed, but Im sure is a factor is that it puts alot of these "extra" training guys in a tough spot. If 10m of the year an 4x per...no room/need. The GDA model is very disruptive to the cozy soccer model we have now that allows all sorts of unqualified guys to may a healthy living. They will push back becasue they have a lot at stake.

Comment

Interesting role for Tobin

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...s-fc-girls-da/

Comment

Hear it from Tobin

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...75360885942759

Comment

PR aggressively targeting ECNL players from both EMSC and Alby for Fury GDA. I can't believe ECNL lets Alby (PR) get away with this. They appease him at the cost of their credibility.

Comment

PR aggressively targeting ECNL players from both EMSC and Alby for Fury GDA. I can't believe ECNL lets Alby (PR) get away with this. They appease him at the cost of their credibility.
                  As best any of us can tell, credibility and competitive girl's soccer on Long Island are unrelated.

Comment

As best any of us can tell, credibility and competitive girl's soccer on Long Island are unrelated.
                    And what exactly do you want the ECNL to do? They target players form other leagues all the time. Its called a free market and if you live by it then you deal with it.

Comment

And what exactly do you want the ECNL to do? They target players form other leagues all the time. Its called a free market and if you live by it then you deal with it.
                      Think you may be missing the point. I agree with you in general on your point. The point from OP is Riley is DOC at Alby, who is ECNL. In ECNL you cannot recruit from other ECNL clubs. He is recruiting from both LI ECNL clubs to his DA Fury and ECNL does nothing.

Comment

Think you may be missing the point. I agree with you in general on your point. The point from OP is Riley is DOC at Alby, who is ECNL. In ECNL you cannot recruit from other ECNL clubs. He is recruiting from both LI ECNL clubs to his DA Fury and ECNL does nothing.

Again - I dont see the problem. ECNL cannot stop it. The ECNL make up rules as they go along. parent enable it becasue if it suits them , they turn a blind eye

If you want something to change, why dont you complain to your ECNL reps Jason Dewhurst (FC Stars) and Mike O'Neill ( PDA) - oh wait ..they do exactly the same thing under the protection of being on the board

Hypocrisy at its finest

Comment

Again - I dont see the problem. ECNL cannot stop it. The ECNL make up rules as they go along. parent enable it becasue if it suits them , they turn a blind eye

If you want something to change, why dont you complain to your ECNL reps Jason Dewhurst (FC Stars) and Mike O'Neill ( PDA) - oh wait ..they do exactly the same thing under the protection of being on the board

Hypocrisy at its finest
                          Not the OP, but I guess they were trying to say that ECNL should pull themselves from Alby and give it to an organization that will actually treat it like their A team.

Comment

Not the OP, but I guess they were trying to say that ECNL should pull themselves from Alby and give it to an organization that will actually treat it like their A team.
                            so your are advocating that no Club should have ECNL and GD influence . Ok . then remove it form PDA FC Stars etc as well, then I have no issue with it.

Comment

so your are advocating that no Club should have ECNL and GD influence . Ok . then remove it form PDA FC Stars etc as well, then I have no issue with it.
                              PDA, FC Stars and 13 other clubs were given the blessing to do both. All the others that were granted GDA status had to choose between both ECNL and DA. They cannot do both. Alby is basically funneling players from both ECNL teams to Fury. I blame ECNL for letting this happen. Hurts their credibility.

Comment

PDA, FC Stars and 13 other clubs were given the blessing to do both. All the others that were granted GDA status had to choose between both ECNL and DA. They cannot do both. Alby is basically funneling players from both ECNL teams to Fury. I blame ECNL for letting this happen. Hurts their credibility.
                                ECNL credibility? lol...isn't part of the reason we now have GDA? Look, clubs are in a bind - they had to decide one way or the other with a few exceptions) and they're taking a gamble with either choice. The ones doing both are in a better position to hedge their bets, but still aren't quite sure how this will all play out. ECNL is in a fight for survival so don't expect everything to be 100% kosher

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X