X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahaha

So sad when there is no blood in the water for you sharks to sniff on.

Go create your own Venomous threads to spread your poison, and best of luck with your self proclaimed top talent.
    Alot better then what you got in return .

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      i guess the real test will come down at disney. At least they'll lead the bracket until they play their first game.
      1 win 1lose 1 draw not bad for a low bracket team.

Comment

1 win 1lose 1 draw not bad for a low bracket team.
        Why is bayside playing in such a low bracket.They are ranked 1 in rhode island.

Comment

Why is bayside playing in such a low bracket.They are ranked 1 in rhode island.
          Good question.Just looked at disney showcase .Why is a ranked 1 team playing in championship division.

Comment

Good question.Just looked at disney showcase .Why is a ranked 1 team playing in championship division.
            Folks that organized the tournament are much smarter then you and I. There are regional, national and past history considerations.

The U18 won their bracket and I think the U17 are in the final in theirs. Not bad of a showing for little Rhody.

Comment

Not a bad showing? They were in low tier brackets! Great for them on winning. I don't want to take it away from the girls, however, you are playing in the 7th or 8th division. You should be winning if you are a state champion. We are a small state. Appreciate your kids playing the game and having fun. We really aren't a soccer hotbed. No one's fault. Just is what it is. Maybe Soccer RI should just take over the premier clubs and have ONE team in each age group for boys and girls. Realistically we only have enough players to make one quality team for each age group. We are small!

Comment

Not a bad showing? They were in low tier brackets! Great for them on winning. I don't want to take it away from the girls, however, you are playing in the 7th or 8th division. You should be winning if you are a state champion. We are a small state. Appreciate your kids playing the game and having fun. We really aren't a soccer hotbed. No one's fault. Just is what it is. Maybe Soccer RI should just take over the premier clubs and have ONE team in each age group for boys and girls. Realistically we only have enough players to make one quality team for each age group. We are small!
                The "lets have one premier team in RI" argument gets brought up annually. But in reality, all of the best RI players will play for NEFC Elite and the rest for Bayside just like they do today. You're assuming there's 10-12 top RI players playing at Lusitana, Bruno, etc. there aren't.

Comment

The "lets have one premier team in RI" argument gets brought up annually. But in reality, all of the best RI players will play for NEFC Elite and the rest for Bayside just like they do today. You're assuming there's 10-12 top RI players playing at Lusitana, Bruno, etc. there aren't.
                  I'm not assuming anything. Having been a player, coach, and parent for many years. Soccer is watered down in RI. Bruno, Lusitana, Rams, etc... are all money makers. (JT's, GE's pockets at Bruno and Rams) Bayside and NEFC, as well. However, at least NEFC has the quality players and coaches.. (Bayside has a few too) to succeed with. Like everything else in this state, even soccer seems to have gone backwards over the years. I thought we would be much further ahead by now. Sad, actually!
                  In reality... after reading what everyone has been writing... If you play for Bruno, Rams, Lusitana, Strikers, etc... You may as well save your money and play with your friends on your "hometown" team. Players aren't really getting scholarships from RI and I know that's what mom and dad are hoping for. Save your money for college and not Premier!

Comment

I'm not assuming anything. Having been a player, coach, and parent for many years. Soccer is watered down in RI. Bruno, Lusitana, Rams, etc... are all money makers. (JT's, GE's pockets at Bruno and Rams) Bayside and NEFC, as well. However, at least NEFC has the quality players and coaches.. (Bayside has a few too) to succeed with. Like everything else in this state, even soccer seems to have gone backwards over the years. I thought we would be much further ahead by now. Sad, actually!
                    In reality... after reading what everyone has been writing... If you play for Bruno, Rams, Lusitana, Strikers, etc... You may as well save your money and play with your friends on your "hometown" team. Players aren't really getting scholarships from RI and I know that's what mom and dad are hoping for. Save your money for college and not Premier!
                    It is not getting any better. Town teams are loosing kids at an alarming rate to Bruno,bayside,GPS and Nefc.
                    Rumor is soccer RI is not mandating coaching requirements at the town level and clubs are not following their own development guidelines of coaches having min requirements for certain levels.

Comment

RI players are getting scholarships. They play for Rev's, Bolts, Stars, NEFC Elite teams. Bayside has some girls that have gotten scholarships in the past couple years.

Comment

NEFC holding a College Showcase for girls and boys in Taunton and Marlborough tonight. What is your club doing?

Comment

NEFC holding a College Showcase for girls and boys in Taunton and Marlborough tonight. What is your club doing?
                          We have college coaches coaching our teams. What do you have?

Comment

Most clubs have college coaches, that's not a differentiation. The better question is which clubs open more doors for your child?

Comment

Better coaches who pay a lot more attention to their players since it's not their second or third priority.

By the way, lots of Rhode Island girls at Taunton last night. Playing in front of 50 or so college coaches.

Including some that work at Bayside.

Comment

Most NEFC coaches have college coaching experience, but only a couple are currently involved with college programs.

This is a huge differentiator for NEFC. They get 50+ coaches out to an internal club showcase, including Maryland, Duke, and all of the New England Division 1's. But there is no sacrifice of attention on the youth teams because these coaches make NEFC a priority.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X